PDA

View Full Version : Treating the S60 to a few goodies this month

ExternalError
Wednesday 13th August 2014, 21:24
so package 1/3 arrived today this is what it contained

package 2/3 wont be as nice as its only a clutch slave cylinder but I'm eagerly awaiting package 3/3

Nealevo
Wednesday 13th August 2014, 21:27
Did MAD honour the price for BC coilovers???

ExternalError
Wednesday 13th August 2014, 21:29
It was more than the group buy price but less than the main price, rob seems a decent bloke

M-R-P
Wednesday 13th August 2014, 21:54
Oooooo shiny :)

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 13th August 2014, 22:19
What was the cost of all this for ya bud?
Next on my list too along with lsd which I'd guess is part 3?
Get it all done in one go like...

ExternalError
Wednesday 13th August 2014, 22:25
na dont have the funds for a lsd the last package are some bc coilovers as the ones that the previous owner fitted keep chewing through spring seats and top mounts

ExternalError
Wednesday 13th August 2014, 22:30
http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-transmission/

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 13th August 2014, 23:17
Let me know how the smf behaves for ya
Think I'm gonna just go luk tbh.
Lol you even said the coilovers earlier lol

expolicev70t5
Thursday 14th August 2014, 09:31
Looks a nice bundle, considering same for mine next time clutch needs changing, so I'll be interested to hear how it preforms.

Kingsford G
Thursday 14th August 2014, 09:34
Thats a good price considering a tock one is about the same.Waiting for you feedback on this.

ExternalError
Thursday 14th August 2014, 09:52
Thats a good price considering a tock one is about the same.Waiting for you feedback on this.

Thats what I thought, I priced up a stock one with DMF at aroung 600-650 so for a little bit extra I can change out the DMF flywheel for a fit and forget part and uprate the clutch to make it bullet proof for my plans. I'm looking to hit about 350bhp+ with a downpipe and intercooler so thought i'd sort the ancilliarys out 1st to ensure the car can take it.

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 14th August 2014, 10:28
its not a bad price. i can get a a luk fly for 350.
And 240 for clutch n cylinder.
Ap Might be worth the investment when 400hp+ comes in

ExternalError
Thursday 14th August 2014, 11:37
That was my thought to future proof future mods, this year I have an intercooler and downpipe and intake pipe on the cards at xmas with a tweak of my map hopefully looking at 350-360 bhp then I'll have to decide if I want to go further in which case i'll be changing the brakes and I guess engine internals before a turbo change. I like to change ancillary parts 1st then go for the power changing mod as i dont like firefighting problems as they appear. My only decision that i didnt think I would have to make was to replace the coilovers as I had hoped that the ones I have currently would be good but having had to replace 2 sets of top mounts and spring seats in the 9 months ive owned the car it was time for them to go.

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 14th August 2014, 12:03
Really surprised you haven't already done the downpipe.
Probably the best hardware mod tbh
I did all my hardware first to start with a 350+ car and then going lsd, turbo etc in the quest for 400 and beyond lol

ExternalError
Thursday 14th August 2014, 12:04
I should of done the downpipe and was going to do the clutch, flywheel, downpipe and intercooler all together but having to replace the coilovers has set me back a little.

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 14th August 2014, 12:28
its ££££ when things dont all go to plan! lol
shell get there tho bud an im sure youll be more than happy!
did you clutch fail on you then?

ExternalError
Thursday 14th August 2014, 12:32
No it hasnt failed yet but its very sharp and is riding pretty high so is on its way out.

stribo
Thursday 14th August 2014, 16:12
Looking at that clutch kit, it's a SMF, but the friction plate isn't sprung, now I'm no expert (really ;) ) but I thought the unsprung friction plates could only be used with DMFs. Looks a good kit otherwise, at a decent price.

ExternalError
Thursday 14th August 2014, 16:20
I'm no expert either but there are people on t5d5 with this kit fitted also and from reviews offers a good balance between clucth feel and performance

LeeT5
Thursday 14th August 2014, 16:34
Let me know how the smf behaves for ya
Think I'm gonna just go luk tbh.
Lol you even said the coilovers earlier lol

LuK do two clutches for the VR/SR.

Standard and Arduous conditions

I had the latter fitted. I believe it has stronger parts to cope with extremes of conditions and work load (ie towing caravans).

oblark
Thursday 14th August 2014, 16:36
Looking at that clutch kit, it's a SMF, but the friction plate isn't sprung, now I'm no expert (really ;) ) but I thought the unsprung friction plates could only be used with DMFs. Looks a good kit otherwise, at a decent price.

From what I found out is the clutch will be a bit "snappy" with a un-sprung frition plate

960kg
Thursday 14th August 2014, 20:25
I may be wrong BUT i think you will find that clutch plate without springs a handfull in traffic as it is in or out........it is more for competition use hence AP Racing!

ExternalError
Thursday 14th August 2014, 21:13
It should be ok I have very little bite on my current clutch, but from feedback on td5 it feels almost exactly like the s60r stock clutch

Redbrick
Thursday 14th August 2014, 22:16
I've done many miles on the road and at the Ring in an S60R with this AP clutch set up. It is an absolute peach, work of art and simply brilliant. You wouldn't know it was there if you weren't told. I'd have had one on my 850 if I could have afforded it but instead went with a 'Tim Williams' special set up. It is infinitely better than a paddle clutch on/off switch.

stribo
Thursday 14th August 2014, 22:23
I've done many miles on the road and at the Ring in an S60R with this AP clutch set up. It is an absolute peach, work of art and simply brilliant. You wouldn't know it was there if you weren't told. I'd have had one on my 850 if I could have afforded it but instead went with a 'Tim Williams' special set up. It is infinitely better than a paddle clutch on/off switch.

Looks like the kit for us when the R clutch finally goes then, thanks for the info. :B_thumb: