PDA

View Full Version : SRS service

zoidberg
Wednesday 6th August 2014, 18:32
Got a 'SRS service- urgent' warning on the dash. How do I get it removed ?? If it needs something plugging in, then any body got what it is near me that wouldn't mind doing it, I'm in Batley near Leeds. Cheers Steve.

Plodmonkey
Wednesday 6th August 2014, 18:39
Need the volvo system plugged into it can't remember the name but some one will be along with some more help

M-R-P
Wednesday 6th August 2014, 19:11
First, you need to pin down what caused the warning. If you've unplugged something with a green or orange connector, without disconnecting the battery, that would've triggered it. If it's popped up for no reason, you need to start looking at things like the seat electrics, steering wheel electrics etc because if it's a fault somewhere, the error will come straight back after its been cleared with dice/VIDA.

JamesT5
Wednesday 6th August 2014, 19:17
As Martin said. Interestingly, my S60 has an Airbag warning message but no Airbag warning light to go with it, so this could well be someone who has been a little impetuous and just yanked the wiring out flagging up a warning.

However, interestingly the volume controls on the steering wheel remote don't work and the indicator stopped working the other day until I nudged the stalk. I'll be interested to see what a my up and coming Vida readout will flag up because I suspect the Squib behind the wheel may be faulty, it carries a lot of wiring across from the steering column area so it's worth you considering that as well.

Plodmonkey
Wednesday 6th August 2014, 19:45
Have you unplugged dash(speedo) or climate control as that is what set mine off with battery still connected

zoidberg
Thursday 7th August 2014, 19:13
It was like this when I bought it except for added engine management light on with codes po300 and p0420 ( I think !), but got them wiped off and aint come back yet,lol. Just this one to get removed and I'll have a warning free dash with no annoying triangle lol.

jdavis
Thursday 7th August 2014, 20:38
You need a Vida/dice to identify the fault. I have one located in Doncaster.

zoidberg
Friday 8th August 2014, 14:11
You need a Vida/dice to identify the fault. I have one located in Doncaster.

Would it be convenient for me to call over sometime this weekend ?

jdavis
Friday 8th August 2014, 15:18
erm i think so. will PM you.