PDA

View Full Version : V70 Alternator

Roo
Monday 14th November 2005, 09:33
Hi all,
I have a 1998 V70 T5 which i purchased a while back as a non runner, all is fixed now though and i am now doing the final job before MOT (once my injector oil seals arrive!) The car isn't charging and i believe that some Volvo alternators can have the brushes changed rather than the whole unit as obviously this would be far cheaper. The one on my V70 is a Bosch version. If this is possible, does anyone know where to get the brushes from?
TIA
Roo

siamblue
Monday 14th November 2005, 10:46
Hi all,
I have a 1998 V70 T5 which i purchased a while back as a non runner, all is fixed now though and i am now doing the final job before MOT (once my injector oil seals arrive!) The car isn't charging and i believe that some Volvo alternators can have the brushes changed rather than the whole unit as obviously this would be far cheaper. The one on my V70 is a Bosch version. If this is possible, does anyone know where to get the brushes from?
TIA
Roo

Hi Roo, a major elcetrical factors like furneux and riddeau SP? will have the brushes,
I don't understand some people replacing the whole unit when all it needs is brushes. :slap:

Roo
Monday 14th November 2005, 11:10
Excellent thanks, have just found the local Bosch dealer and he tells me that for my particular alternator, the brushes are only sold with the voltage regulator which will cost me £44.70+ VAT with a £25.00 charge to get it from Germany...
New Alternator from them is £252.63
He did advise me to bring in the old brushes and he could probably cross reference them with something similar so I will probably do that. I don't mind filing them to the correct size if it saves money!