PDA

View Full Version : Door locks (Diagnosis)

70fan
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 14:15
So another post about the new car... I'll shut up soon, I promise ;)

I've got 2 door locks that are misbehaving and working intermittently. Which is annoying as you can imagine I'm sure.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these? Or any good at dealing with drilling out rivets to get the inner door panel off, so that they can be looked at?

Also I seem to have dome something to stop the OSR window from working (D'oh)

I'm loathe to take it to the dealer already, so was wondering if anyone knows anything or of anyone local(ish) to me that might save me.

Thanks in advance :)

Harvey
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 14:27
I know on my car phase 2 V70 ,both rear doors would not lock when I first got it ,also the fuel filler cap not working,that was Down to the tail gate harness damaged at the tail gate n/s hinge.
I know the door locks can play up on our cars,I think it's a case of new locks ( not good news )
If someone near you has a Vida - dice unit it will tell you what is wrong fault codes wise.

70fan
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 21:29
I bit the bullet, it's booked in with the local main dealers for some diag.

The window I'm sure just needs coding, as for the locks I shall cross my fingers and hope it's not 2 new ones.

Then onto the remaining list of niggles. Foremost I need to find someone competent at sorting dents.

70fan
Thursday 31st July 2014, 10:01
So I'm sitting in the waiting area at the dealers, surrounded by lovely Volvos and waiting to hear what they say. :)

V70 Graham
Thursday 31st July 2014, 10:03
Hopefully an easy/quick/cheap fix, keep us informed.

70fan
Thursday 31st July 2014, 10:25
Yeah fingers crossed... I shall update later. In the mean time I must try not to buy all the merchandise haha

70fan
Thursday 31st July 2014, 12:34
Ok, so I might have ordered a new gearknob from Sweden...

In other news, the broken lock is proper broken and needs a new one (good job I don't really need that door)

The lethargic lock has a wiring issue and requires some work.

I have a quote, it's not a particularly nice one, she will be going back in at the end of the month.

70fan
Friday 1st August 2014, 09:51
Update, I used some of the old grey matter while drifting off last night. She will be going back into the dealers today for the broken lock to be done. lethargic lock can wait.

V70 Graham
Friday 1st August 2014, 10:24
Update, I used some of the old grey matter while drifting off last night. She will be going back into the dealers today for the broken lock to be done. lethargic lock can wait.

Probably a wise move, just think if you had a passenger that needed to get out of that door in an emergency.

That said I guess if your keeping the car the 'lethargic' one will be done at some point.

Harvey
Friday 1st August 2014, 10:38

You never know the broken lock could be causing the problem with the other one, if it's pulling to much current ?.

70fan
Friday 1st August 2014, 14:07
I wish, the lethargic one was first unfortunately.

Yeah the car is going in again on the 30th for the rest.

In other news, when I dropped it off I had a good old look around this :)

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/dubstar_s/IMG_0080_zps9f17c486.jpg

70fan
Friday 1st August 2014, 17:29
Car is back, new lock so it's now securable again :)

As a bonus they put new trim clips on the rear doors for me where they were both rattling :)