PDA

View Full Version : The most incomplete Volvo I've ever seen - LMAO!

JamesT5
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 11:39
I've just spotted this on the bay, it made me laugh because it's the most incomplete Volvo I've ever seen, plus who would want to buy this. What would you do with it!

:hilarious

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-V70-2007-2014-DRIVERS-SIDE-CHASSIS-CUT-CHASSIS-LEG-A-B-POST-/301218216668?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4622013adc

V70 Graham
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 11:46
I'd say repair an accident damaged V70 !

jamesy12345
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 12:04
Climbing frame for the kids?

That seller has loads of stuff on offer....including S60 bonnets for 60 quid (mine is a bit of a mess)

JamesT5
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 12:11
I'd say repair an accident damaged V70 !

Three words, 'Cut and Shut'. Anything that badly damaged should be scrapped, even the best welder couldn't weld that in to a chassis without compromising the safety of the vehicle, especially given the A frame and B frame is one of the main structural points on the car.

JamesT5
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 12:12
Climbing frame for the kids?

That seller has loads of stuff on offer....including S60 bonnets for 60 quid (mine is a bit of a mess)

Grind off the sharp edges and it may be just the job.

M-R-P
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 12:20
Still be cheaper to MOT than yours :hilarious

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 12:21
I've seen worst but only on a training course to expose inner reinforcement and they paint the different strength panels different colours to show the structure.
fact of the day - a v50 front chassis leg has 150 different strength metals in it.

stribo
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 12:22
Grind off the sharp edges and it may be just the job.

By the time you'd finished grinding it there would be nothing left. :lol:

M-R-P
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 12:27

yeah but there's always liquid metal filler...

JamesT5
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 12:54
yeah but there's always liquid metal filler...

Now how did I know this was going to come up...... :D :hilarious

claymore
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 17:16
It actually has all the important structural points for a proper repair actually.

Harvey
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 18:21
Three words, 'Cut and Shut'. Anything that badly damaged should be scrapped, even the best welder couldn't weld that in to a chassis without compromising the safety of the vehicle, especially given the A frame and B frame is one of the main structural points on the car.

The insurance company repair agents have spot welders which give a print out of of all the welds which are done to prove they are done to the correct standard and the correct number of welds per panel,repair.

One for the firms I know now are using mig brazing due to the high strength steels used these days , normal mig welding will destroy the strength of the newer high-strength steels used in car bodies.

a lot of insurance companies are useing secondhand repair panels & parts that are not new manufacturer genuine parts,to cut costs.

JamesT5
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 19:50
It actually has all the important structural points for a proper repair actually.

The insurance company repair agents have spot welders which give a print out of of all the welds which are done to prove they are done to the correct standard and the correct number of welds per panel,repair.

One for the firms I know now are using mig brazing due to the high strength steels used these days , normal mig welding will destroy the strength of the newer high-strength steels used in car bodies.

a lot of insurance companies are useing secondhand repair panels & parts that are not new manufacturer genuine parts,to cut costs.

Surely cutting and welding in to such a structurally critical piece of the vehicle is dangerous, one smash and the whole thing could fall apart like a baguette..... (sorry, pinched that last bit from MRP :B_thumb: )

stribo
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 19:54
Surely cutting and welding in to such a structurally critical piece of the vehicle is dangerous, one smash and the whole thing could fall apart like a baguette..... (sorry, pinched that last bit from MRP :B_thumb: )

A bodyshell is welded in literally thousands of places, but doesn't fall apart. ;)

claymore
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 20:02
The bigger problem with the newer cars is that the weld might be to strong and might compromise the ability for the car to crumple correctly in a crash