PDA

View Full Version : P2 2.4t5 vvt info needed

Kingsford G
Monday 28th July 2014, 21:46
Can anyone explain please how and when does the VVT work,how to check it and is there a maintenace that can be done to it.Just checked my one way valves on inlet manifold to intake pipe and one valve is dodgy,any idea if that can effect the performance?

M-R-P
Monday 28th July 2014, 21:54
Can anyone explain please how and when does the VVT work,how to check it and is there a maintenace that can be done to it.Just checked my one way valves on inlet manifold to intake pipe and one valve is dodgy,any idea if that can effect the performance?

Not got much help with the vvt but if it's the one way valve that comes off the middle of the inlet manifold - yes, it'll screw with your performance mate.

stribo
Monday 28th July 2014, 22:02
No way of checking the vvt other than having the codes read. When ours went, it felt like it was holding back over 4500 rpm, but would still rev around to the limiter.

Kingsford G
Monday 28th July 2014, 22:10
Not got much help with the vvt but if it's the one way valve that comes off the middle of the inlet manifold - yes, it'll screw with your performance mate.
Thats the one mate.It still pulls well but expected more from Rica 300,especially low down

No way of checking the vvt other than having the codes read. When ours went, it felt like it was holding back over 4500 rpm, but would still rev around to the limiter.
I have to check what its like above 4500rpm.Did u replace yours?

M-R-P
Monday 28th July 2014, 22:16
Rica stuff doesn't rate that well these days mate. Lack of grunt low down could be a dodgy cat tho.