PDA

View Full Version : became a T5R owner

hemihusky
Sunday 27th July 2014, 16:24
Yes so even though i had a amazing time with my red salloon. this came up and we did a deal between me and the guy so now i own this! a black, manual T5R estate, already had a blast driving back with this car, it has a few issues like when driving back i had no boost at all (boost guage hose connector had rotted n split so no boost at all) and the guy had put new pads n calipers on it, without taking any brake fluid out, so stamp the brakes it hydro locked n you had absolutely no brakes!. lil bit rough around the edges but it gives me something to do!

V70 Graham
Sunday 27th July 2014, 16:33
Looks a decent car, what are your plans for it ?

hemihusky
Sunday 27th July 2014, 16:43
well after its all fixed to a tidy condition i would wanna get another engine, and have that re-conditioned n built up for a slight power increase, i dont wanna try re-mapping the current engine with 170,000 on the clock. but im not planning anything huge for the interior/exterior i like it as it is, wanna put the stock radio back in though as its crud, and at least have the right colored 7 seat conversion! XD

merc85
Sunday 27th July 2014, 17:04
Why not map it? 170k is nowt for these lumps, Looks a cracking car, get the engine bay nice and clean and that will enhance all the bling . The Red lettering would deffo look better silver or black

Tidy car, well done :)

jdavis
Sunday 27th July 2014, 17:11
Looks good that. Like the engine bay.

stribo
Sunday 27th July 2014, 17:13
Looks a very well looked after car.

Saaamon
Sunday 27th July 2014, 19:08
I agree with gav unless your rebuilding for rods etc I'd work with what you've got, it's parts around the engine that fail, not the block itself.

Jamest5r
Sunday 27th July 2014, 19:32
Welcome to an exclusive club :)

MoleT-5R
Monday 28th July 2014, 07:08
Welcome to an exclusive club :)

Yep Welcome, as James said it's quite exclusive and a black one for a change, quite rare I'm let to believe

evo230
Monday 28th July 2014, 11:56
Nice - welcome!

hemihusky
Monday 28th July 2014, 16:36
Thanks for all the welcome lads =) and yeah i may remap it to be as fast as my old red car was then id be happy at that. i was more worried about rings and blowing the top end apart as apart from how to fix all the outside, i have no knowledge of the inside workings of these engines. but ill make a project thread of my small restoration of it, have a few scratches here n there to fix ect ect

jonmsm
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 20:25
Very jealous! I am looking to become a T5-R owner now I am 3 T5's in but I can't find the one I want anywhere! I am one of those weird people that wants a gul yellow one! =P Your new one looks pretty tidy mind you and they do look smart in black! :) It looks like it has a black interior but the boot is carpet with blue seats?! I saw this one advertised but didn't pick up on that in the listing pictures!

J :)

claymore
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 20:29
Thanks for all the welcome lads =) and yeah i may remap it to be as fast as my old red car was then id be happy at that. i was more worried about rings and blowing the top end apart as apart from how to fix all the outside, i have no knowledge of the inside workings of these engines. but ill make a project thread of my small restoration of it, have a few scratches here n there to fix ect ect
My car was on 220k miles before I even started to tune it :), admittedly that engine is now dead, but that was because of a crap tuner.

hemihusky
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 21:18
fair enough, and yea tell me about the color clash! XD i got a grey boot floor now though so those seats will be comming out and being sold, if anyone here wants a set of blue 7 seaters? and when i went to pick this one up the guy met me at the ferry in a yellow T5R estate! no joke though his is in a bit of a state

jonmsm
Wednesday 30th July 2014, 18:11
TBH, I am not so fussed about a bit of work (as long as its not a state!) as I have a workshop to do repairs (in fact i've just done a a full rear brake rebuild on a V70 T5 and fixed a top end tap and i'm currently doing the same rear end rebuild on my 850 T5, followed by a new turbo and many other things that are quite right about it!)... the fact of the matter is, I want a flying banana car!! I've had a BTCC replica (ish - a 2.4 manual stickered up) that I took to Le Mans this year (there are more 850 fans out there than I realised!) but now I want a T5-R! :-P Did you get your one from the guy through the forum? If so; what's his username, I might tap him up to see if he wants to sell the yellow one! ;)

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 30th July 2014, 18:16
looks good straight car not sure on the red badges tho :troutslap

hemihusky
Thursday 31st July 2014, 06:42
Nah I got it from a guy up in dunoon Scotland. N I asked about the yellow he wouldn't sell me it sadly. And its ok red badges comming off after my holiday