PDA

View Full Version : S70 T5 Manual

deathrider311271
Sunday 27th July 2014, 13:53
well not so much a project but updates as to whats been done:

Bought in November from a member on VOC, it is a 3 owner car from new one of which was Volvo and is CD spec so has everything bar the satnav system and a week later it was mapped by Tim Williams.

A further week on and we arrive at our annual rolling road day and i can tell you i was well chuffed with 271bhp.

Since getting the car its had a full oil and filter change twice, new spark plugs, new coil pack, new ignition leads, new dizzy and rotor arm, new discs and pads all round and finally new tyres.

The only thing i was really not happy with as any S/V70 owner will tell you was the headlamp performance and was looking for the crystal headlamps from late C70, however they are quite rare and after nearly going off the road 3 times in the rain due to not being able to see the road, Frankie was breaking his V70R so i purchased his projector headlamps and indicators for a very fair price and installed them this weekend, the difference is like night and day over the old units even with HIDs in both set. Here are a few pics of them installed, i will get some at night next weekend.

deathrider311271
Sunday 27th July 2014, 13:59
258962589525894well as some of you know Graeme Welch built me a 2.5" cat back 2 weeks ago and then we did a px deal for a 3" cat back system which he built yesterday, awesome bit of kit and i can highly recomend both systems, the best part is he can taylor the sound to whatever you want, anyway here are some pics of the exhaust

martybelfastt5
Sunday 27th July 2014, 14:00
thats a tidy looking car

deathrider311271
Sunday 27th July 2014, 14:04
Another little update to the S70, as some may know i purchased some pro race 1.2s well these finally arrived yesterday morning. I thought it would be rude not to lower the car at the same time so purchased some Apex lowering springs and tbh i wasnt expecting them to be anywhere near as good as the Eibachs, but i was pleasantly suprised. Im also running 225/45/17 tyres and they DONT rub on full lock bonus

Anyway here are the pics of before and after:

deathrider311271
Sunday 27th July 2014, 14:07
a few other little mods that have been done along the way are, GWE RIP kit, GWE 3" MAF to turbo pipe including 3" MAF housing, Blue injectors, Megablaster coil and Magnecore leads

V70 Graham
Sunday 27th July 2014, 14:21
Nice work, cars looking good Simon.

jdavis
Sunday 27th July 2014, 14:32
Looks good that!

T5frankie
Sunday 27th July 2014, 16:36
R front bumper and 850r rear spoiler to finish?

stribo
Sunday 27th July 2014, 17:16
Nice work mate, but I thought you said this one was staying standard. ;)

deathrider311271
Sunday 27th July 2014, 19:19
Nice work mate, but I thought you said this one was staying standard. ;)

well you know how it is, if you got to change something you might as well upgrade at the same time lol

R front bumper and 850r rear spoiler to finish?

Deffo an R front bumper, not so sure about the 850R rear spoiler, i quite like the standard one

Saaamon
Sunday 27th July 2014, 20:20
That was me who commented on your car on Facebook either today. Good to see an S70 being modded.

Liddo
Monday 28th July 2014, 10:06
I preferred it standard :D

WOODY T5
Monday 28th July 2014, 10:19
coming along very nice si keep up the good work wot power u going for :)

deathrider311271
Monday 28th July 2014, 11:53
coming along very nice si keep up the good work wot power u going for :)

TBH im just going to fit the hybrid 18T and angled downpipe then get Tim to map it suitably and whatever it makes it makes. Still got the V70 to finish lol

Wobbly Dave
Monday 28th July 2014, 11:58
preferred the perfos myself - still looks the business.

S70T5Chris
Monday 28th July 2014, 12:11
Looking good.

Just FYI those wheels aren't pro race 1.2's. I think they are Monza R's.

deathrider311271
Monday 17th November 2014, 00:45
Looking good.

Just FYI those wheels aren't pro race 1.2's. I think they are Monza R's.

they have pro race 1.2 cast into the wheels so i bloody hope they are lol

deathrider311271
Monday 2nd March 2015, 21:46
some more done before xmas, rear bumper finally looking perfect and Dan at Unique Skinz in Leeds completly redone the bottom of the car and brought the black down to just under the windows and also added pearl to the black, i also decided to get the lights tinted

deathrider311271
Monday 2nd March 2015, 21:47
another update for the S70:

Went to Graeme Welch's for a bit of work to be carried out, as most of you will know he has made all the pipework for this car ie: rip kit, 3" exhaust and 3" intake system.

I thought it was about time to upgrade my downpipe to 3" as well as remove the cat and fit to the rest of the system with a proper V band instead of the crappy ball and socket affair, at the same time we decided to use the later japanifold, angled exhaust housing and upgrade and rebuild the turbo to an 18T with billet alloy wheel with a V50 T5 single piece exhaust manifold.

Well we started at 10am yesterday morning and every nut and bolt fought us every mm of the way coming out. Anyway things went from bad to worse, we were struggling to get the large spring back on the compressor housing, but managed it between us only to find the chra was cracked, so quick thinking on my part i rebuilt the 16T chra with the 18T billet wheel and 18T housing, job done.

Anyway we start putting it all back together, still fighting us all the way, when Julia (Graemes partner) calls us in for some food, bloody lovely Sunday dinner. We cracked on and got it all back together, by this time it was approx 11pm, started the car and a massive blow from somewhere, as its a residential area Graeme and Julia were kind enough to put me up for the night so we could have a fresh start this morning.

We had concluded it was blowing between the compressor housing and exhaust housing, so turbo was removed, stripped and put back together again, refitted only to find there was still a massive blow. We then found that the gasket had been put on wrong so wasnt being air tight, so stripped it all off again checked the gasket which fortunatly was ok and refitted the whole lot again.

Again every nut and bolt fought us, but we won in the end. We finally struck the car up and all was sealed as it should be.

A big thankyou to both Graeme and Julia for all their help, i cant recommend Graemes products enough, top quality.

The exhaust was a little quite but now it has a really nice deep burble and really howls when pressing on at 7000rpm lol

The drive home was so much smoother even at lower boost pressure for now, all being well it will be in with Tim Williams very soon for a further remap to make the most of all the upgrades i have done.

jamesy12345
Monday 2nd March 2015, 21:50
wow didn't realise this was the blue one at the start of the thread! Saw this S70 at the Railway Museum meet..good quality & something different