PDA

View Full Version : noisy new clutch

martybelfastt5
Monday 21st July 2014, 19:40
as some of you will know from my thread the t5r is in getting quite a bit done its back and ive noticed the clutch is quite noisy when pedal is released prees it it goes and it isnt just a little noise to be honest..........like a rubbing circulating noise my old one didnt even do that?

ajc106
Monday 21st July 2014, 19:51
clutch release bearing noisy, noise gose under load as the bearing hits the pressure plate new bearing should be fiited with any new clutch kit i would ask if they fitted a new one or not hope this helps

T5frankie
Monday 21st July 2014, 20:00
gearbox back off job then

martybelfastt5
Monday 21st July 2014, 20:10
it was a full new kit fitted from pfv genuine volvo/sachs

weedeno belfast
Monday 21st July 2014, 20:14
what make was it marty

martybelfastt5
Monday 21st July 2014, 20:39
above post dee

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 22nd July 2014, 13:27
been in touch with the man who done the work just to confirm it was done and it was in case it was misplaced ect what my options now?

ajc106
Tuesday 22nd July 2014, 13:34
if it went in without the noise i woul dtake it back as somethings not right

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 22nd July 2014, 13:51
boght of jamie in pfv deliverd straight from sweden must give him a bell ffs

merc85
Tuesday 22nd July 2014, 13:56
even Oe parts go faulty, i feel your pain :(

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 22nd July 2014, 14:20
nothing proving easy with what im doing with it is testing me

JamesT5
Tuesday 22nd July 2014, 14:30
I had a clutch shatter after 8000 miles, that was a Sachs clutch as well!

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 22nd July 2014, 16:02
if I remember rightly this was a genuine Volvo 850r 272218 clutch (made by sachs iirc) and sachs release bearing (oe for the car but far cheaper than buying from Volvo). these are the same parts Frankie fitted to his red 850r (now deceased for engine reasons)
ultimately to resolve this problem you are going to have to remove the gearbox as already suggested above, to see if anything looks out of place, and to find the problem. there is little that could be done to resolve it from outside the box, unless it is a clearing issue caused by needing to re-bleed the rest has to be looked at from inside.
I'm not a technician myself just good knowledge from experience over the years but its not something I have had been asked before with these parts.

the only similar thing I remember was on Mitsubishis and we removed the boxes, and re greased the output shaft where the release bearing fits because they used to groan when pressing the pedal.
not quite the same type of noise you are describing I don't think?

evo230
Tuesday 22nd July 2014, 19:11
Do you have a video of the noise? it might help

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 23rd July 2014, 01:32
ill get one done

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 30th July 2014, 00:33
ok short video have lost momentum with getting her on the road but will give it a final push next week or so...another thing is ive been told to consider the noise could be coming fro the box a dry bearing ect......as the box sat in my shed for guts of two years with oil drained ect so maybe getting some miles on her will help video below also gets a shot of my exhaust sound in
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r24/martybelfastSRI/th_IMG_02841_zpsb57bc068.mp4 (http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r24/martybelfastSRI/IMG_02841_zpsb57bc068.mp4)

960kg
Wednesday 30th July 2014, 09:52
That video sounds normal to me as mine is exactly the same!

My motor is still on it`s original clutch at 161,000 .....was a rep`s motor, mostly Mway.......the biting point is now a bit low but no problems only a screech from the release bearing now and again.

When i bought the car nearly 3yrs ago that noise was fairly loud as it was not used much and although i don`t use it that much either it still has that noise slightly after not using for a few days.

If i use the car every day the noise is not there at all `nor is the screech!.........i think you will find it is because all machinery is supposed to be used and not stood around ........the oil does not have time to drain completely into the bottom of the box and also good use keeps all the bearings covered in oil........

I wouldn`t take it to bits again until you have been up the road.....

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 30th July 2014, 18:15
yes basicly what ive been told hopefully alls well then lol

t5 pete
Wednesday 30th July 2014, 18:53
I had the same problem when I fitted my 850r clutch when I built the engine when it was appart this time I inspected every thing clutch wise which was fine one thing I did notice was the plastic knuckle clip in the arm was worn few quid for a new one and no rattle time will tell as I havent drove the car much