PDA

View Full Version : possibly a silly actuator question!!

theflyingbrick
Saturday 19th July 2014, 22:32
ok so i want/need a new actuator and my question is.......if i want it to boost and hold 18psi do i buy an 18psi actuator and itll boost to 18psi?? assuming i put the hole in the arm level over the wastegate peg!! i only ask as i recently fitted a 1.2 bar actuator and it would boost between 25 and 30 psi but turns out it was seized!! now im worried about buying one and it boosting higher than the rating given,any advice gratefully received :D

stribo
Saturday 19th July 2014, 23:11
You've sort of answered your own question there mate, the only reason your 1.2 bar actuator boosted above 1.2 bar was because it was seized, other wise it would have boosted to around 1.2 bar. Depends on whether you want to run the actuator from the BCS, or straight from the turbo also, as if running from the BCS then it'll boost to whatever the map is set to boost to.

theflyingbrick
Saturday 19th July 2014, 23:57
yeah I thought as much so really I should get a new 1.2 bar actuator at least that way it wont be under to much stress and technically hold boost a little better!? I sort of already know the answers to my questions I just like a little reassurance from time to time lol