PDA

View Full Version : s60 lpg

zoidberg
Saturday 19th July 2014, 01:19
Oakely Doakely........................ this S60 lpg ( factory fit) is doing my head in !
Anyone any ideas about this problem, .............. it can fire up and run on gas (after heating up ) without any trouble, then it seems to run on 3 cylinders then cuts out as thought ignition is turned off, BUT switch it to petrol and it runs without a problem ! It might then run on gas if switched back, but most it has done is about 8 miles continuos. Then if stopped if might fire up oeted ??s han gas straight away, other times it wont.
When about to be playing up it seems like it is running on 3 cylinders ( not on petrol ) and other than this the car is fine.

Oh yes , any ideas why it is an SE with leccy leather front seats for moving..................... but aint heated ?? Yet my S40 had manual leather and was heated ??????

Blackdog
Saturday 19th July 2014, 08:22
Could be any number of things.
Fuel starvation, have the filters been changed?
Faulty diaphragm in the evaporator.
Or more likely an ignition problem. The lpg is a dry fuel so increases the resistance on the spark plugs. You could try closing the gaps to see if that helps. Or it could be your coil packs are now not strong enough to make the plugs spark when on lpg.

Hope this helps and you resolve the issue.

For the record I've had a couple of motors converted to lpg. A Jeep with success and a Saab 95 aero without. The Saab ended up back as a petrol in the end as when on full load it would drop down to three cylinders. Not good when overtaking... The only way to get four back was to turn the engine of and on again to reset the emu, also not to good while moving.

Kingsford G
Saturday 19th July 2014, 23:07
Fuel pressure is more like it.As Blackdog said,filter or reducer diaphragm also check your s/plugs too.

zoidberg
Sunday 20th July 2014, 23:57
Cheers for replies. I was leaning towards a knacked fuel pump myself, but might be a blocked filter. It will have to wait till I have some more cash before I can look at it properly. LoL.