PDA

View Full Version : dream3R's R Project

Dream3r
Sunday 13th July 2014, 22:55
Hi guys,

I don't think I've posted my project here yet, so bear with me. :)

My car is a MY2005 S60R, flash green, facelift with 46k on the clock.

Main mods:

Ferrita cat back
3" DP with 200 CEL Magnaflow race cat
750cc injectors
Shimmed block
45mm KL-Racing Intercooler
IPD Race Spec ARB's
AEM Progressive WI
Boost gauge on the DIM
Custom map by me (estimated 350+ BHP)

Plans:

Cavalli CTB30VR Turbo
Audi RS4 MAF
3 BAR map sensor (and software change to support 5 bar)
Map update, aim 420-450 BHP
DIM data monitoring (oil temp, iat, lambda, etc augmenting the existing DIM boost display)
DEM software update/testing/development.

The biggy is getting this new turbo fitted and dialled in once it gets here from the states, I can't wait!

I'll get some pics up once I get a chance to give her a wash :)

jamesy12345
Sunday 13th July 2014, 23:02
Good spec list...photos would be nice too :)

Have you considered water injection or even ethanol mix?

edit

Oh sorry just noticed the progressive WI....about the ethanol, I was talking to TME about a 70/30 mix of V-power & E85 fuel

Dream3r
Sunday 13th July 2014, 23:08
I've added my AEM setup, duh, forgot!

I use Tesco 99 which seems to have the best knock protection and has a 5% mix. If I could get E85 at the pump I'd definitely use it.

M-R-P
Sunday 13th July 2014, 23:13
About time ;)

Looking forward to some updates on this.

Pics.. Need pics... :D

WOODY T5
Sunday 13th July 2014, 23:14
Nice spec matey get it on the rollers tho so we can see the figs or yeah and some pics please

markus2k13
Monday 14th July 2014, 00:02
sounds like a nice beast mate looking forward to the pics :0)

abdul
Monday 14th July 2014, 00:09
Pictures please

jamesy12345
Monday 14th July 2014, 05:17
Morrisons used to sell E85 but it was binned through lack of interest.....I had a conversation with Thomas from TME and a guy working at Volvo Marine (Penta), sounds like you can go up 80% petrol/20 ethanol with standard injectors...after than you need bigger injectors for any benefit (which looks like you have) & a map to advance the timing, which you know all about I'm sure

stribo
Monday 14th July 2014, 06:58
Very interesting looking project, will be following with interest.

Dream3r
Monday 28th July 2014, 13:51
OK so the new turbo is on it-s way, here are some pics for you :)

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/jpcurrie/2014-07-261.jpg

Sock comparison

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/jpcurrie/2014-07-26.jpg

I need an external CBV/BOV setup, any nice ideas guys?

Ideally I would like a stealth setup. I've got a Forge FMCL007P sitting here which was part of my 20G kit. I think I'll need one with a weldable flange though.

stribo
Monday 28th July 2014, 18:20
That's mahoosive.

Ettienne
Monday 28th July 2014, 18:22
Have a look at some of the audi's e.g early s4 s6 5 cylinders as they use k24 as upgrades with external waste gates etc, just an idea to help.

Dream3r
Monday 28th July 2014, 18:51
That's mahoosive.

Yup!

Have a look at some of the audi's e.g early s4 s6 5 cylinders as they use k24 as upgrades with external waste gates etc, just an idea to help.

I'll take a look. I guess it means getting a connection from the throttle pipe to the intake, but the throttle pipe is plastic and I can't find anything that will 100% work from a quick look.

Dream3r
Monday 28th July 2014, 18:57
There's this one but I fear fitment issues with the airbox

http://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/volvo-s60r_v70r-turbo-lower-intercooler-pipe-2003-07.html

Do88 reckon it should fit with a 90 degree pipe to fit the BOV on, I'm not sure that is optimal.

jdavis
Monday 28th July 2014, 19:50
Can't Graeme Welch sort something for you?

Dream3r
Monday 28th July 2014, 19:55
Can't Graeme Welch sort something for you?

He seems too busy. I don't think he does this stuff anymore either.

I think it will have to be the do88 intercooler pipe and get it welded, along with the turbo-maf pipe I have lying here, that's Graeme's but it needs a CBV boss welded on. I can't think of another way.

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 28th July 2014, 20:19
It's only a plastic pipe. ..either drill appropriate size hole in it and plastic weld in a tee or cut and add a silicone tee....
Fwiw do88 do full diverter kit

Wobbly Dave
Monday 28th July 2014, 23:59
I used a TIAL QR and recirculated the BOV gases back towards the intake (post MAF).

Turbosmart also do a recirc value. TIAL is a good quality product & I chose it because it was a bit cheaper than the turbosmart.

I will eventually get a top pipe and put the weld flange (which comes in the kit) on it. They also come in a range of colours inc. black.

Dream3r
Tuesday 29th July 2014, 00:20
I've bagged a turbosmart one.

I really want to keep the OTE pipe stock...

I

Dream3r
Thursday 31st July 2014, 11:30
So it's either weld a 25mm nipple to the OTE pipe, or buy a metal IC->Throttle pipe and weld that.

Would either spot be any better than the other? I'm thinking of just doing the OTE pipe now.

M-R-P
Thursday 31st July 2014, 12:36
Some say the closer to the throttle the better but I know of a few people running their BOV on the OTE pipe with no problems at all.

Down to personal preference I suppose. The air in the throttle pipe is gonna be cooler than the air in the OTE pipe so might be better for the BOV to keep the hot stuff away.

Dream3r
Thursday 31st July 2014, 12:49
Thinking about it I agree about the throttle pipe and air temps, also the IAT sensor is downstream of the said pipe, it makes sense to recirc air that has just been measured, rather than vice versa.

M-R-P
Thursday 31st July 2014, 12:53
errr.... yeah, that too :)

Dream3r
Thursday 31st July 2014, 13:23
Then again, it seems good enough for IPD. Too many choices!!!!

M-R-P
Thursday 31st July 2014, 13:55
Let time and money guide you and do whatever is cheapest ;)

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 31st July 2014, 13:57
I thought it was closest to the throttle body to keep the air moving in the same direction up toward the intake.
if you fit the valve mid way along, the air coming out of the turbo toward the valve is ok, but the air that has already past the valve could flow backwards defeating the object of keeping the turbo free wheeling.
obviously an engine requires intake air to idle off throttle, but its only a fraction of full flow.

for the same reason having a recirc valve on the turbo is ok because it prevents the stalling and can freewheel.

it comes down to available space sometimes hence the do88 lower pipe not being able to be used with the original airbox and probably the same reason for the ipd pipe having it on the ote.

oblark
Thursday 31st July 2014, 14:07
My bov is mounted on the turbo to intercooler pipe, it runs and boosts perfectly ok .

For a bit of bed time ready look up my thread "pros and cons of dumping hot air"

Dream3r
Thursday 31st July 2014, 14:12
I only want to-do it once, hence wanting something welded. I guess the OTE will be the easiest.

The do88 pipe, I can't understand it, 38mm outlet when their BOV is 25mm. I guess you don't have to weld the bung so it's in the way of the airbox snorkel, but I guess this was only an issue with the R style airbox, hense why do88's is like that.

Thank guys.

Dream3r
Friday 1st August 2014, 16:30
OK so I'm going for a custom throttle pipe with bov outlet, courtesy of Graeme.

Thanks for the input guys. :)

Dream3r
Thursday 30th October 2014, 13:19
UPDATE time :)

New mods:

Cavalli - 'drop-in' Turbo CTB30VR
GWE - Custom 3" ETM Pipe with the relevant connections for WI and RECIRC valves, powder coated black
GWE - Custom 3" Turbo Inlet pipe
Turbo Smart RECIRC/BOV piston operated valve.
It's running and pulled like a train and popped a hose, after some surgery everything seems ok but we noted it had also blown a CV boot, so another thing to-do, tomorrow!

Once everything is 100% the tuning will start, but I'll be limited by the stock clutch at present. :(

Turbo - sounds like a bus turbo, weird super charger noise at low RPM, I'll get used to it, no real data yet until the mechanics are 100% but it seems to spool at around 3k then almost instantly be at 1.5 bar.

Thanks to Graeme and Shem for their help. (UNDERSTATEMENT)

There were a LOT of fitting issues (drop in part needs work for VBAND users) , but hats of to the supplier for making it right so far, at present the OTE doesn't fit very well but that is being replaced.

Next is clutch, has to be I think.

Full spec for the sake of completeness:

Shimmed 2.5l block
New cambelt
47k miles
ipd ARBS
Stainless brake lines
New stock Volvo pads and discs
Mehle droplinks and top hats
Prosport boost gauge in CF pillar mount
3" DP with 200 CPI magnaflow cat
feritta Catback
17" pegs with a full size spare.
RTI, Phone (££££e)
Volvo Bluetooth
reversing cam
shem strut mod
Poly wishbones
Rear digital TV and dvd etc
45mm klracing IC
AEM progressive water injection
750cc injectors
Cavalli - 'drop-in' Turbo CTB30VR
GWE - Custom 3" ETM Pipe with the relevant connections for WI and RECIRC valves, powder coated in black
GWE - Custom 3" Turbo Inlet pipe.
Oil, Plugs, Filters, etc.
Turbosmart dual bov with trumpet removed.
Black silicone!

Angle gear has been out and collar looks good.

TODO

Clutch upgrade.
Many many map revisions.
Uprated oem tcv (new pierburg oem design).
cv boot.
Fix some broke interior plastics.
good clean!
RS4 maf with custom airbox adapter.
Snabb OTE pipe and adapters (might powder coat this first).
Maybe a 3" custom zorst system.

GWE did the custom stainless piping (powder coated black), and omg, it's a work of art!

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/jpcurrie/IMG_20141011_155011.jpg

M-R-P
Thursday 30th October 2014, 13:25
Nice to see an update mate.

Those 200 cell pipes are lovely :)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 30th October 2014, 13:55
how you doing the recirc?

Dream3r
Thursday 30th October 2014, 14:33
Intercooler Outlet to 3" ETM PIPE, recirc boss on the 3" pipe, post ETM, sent back to the intake, post MAF.

Seemed like the best place to put it to me.

M-R-P
Thursday 30th October 2014, 14:38
Intercooler Outlet to 3" ETM PIPE, recirc boss on the 3" pipe, post ETM, sent back to the intake, post MAF.

Seemed like the best place to put it to me.

As long as you can get it to bark and chirp, you're on to a winner :D

I'm not a chav..

Honest ;)

Dream3r
Thursday 30th October 2014, 14:44
It's oddly completely silent, more so than stock!

I've still got some playing/setting to-do with it. I can also stick on the trumpet and give the maccyD crew something to talk about, whilst over-fueling ;)

Turbo sounds like a jet turbine though.

Dream3r
Friday 31st October 2014, 11:49
GWE's handy work ;)

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/jpcurrie/IMG_9864.jpg

M-R-P
Friday 31st October 2014, 11:52
Looks busy in there John, you sure you know how it all goes back in? :P

I remember Graeme developing those pipes (and the language he used to describe the process lol). Tidy work that.

Dream3r
Friday 31st October 2014, 12:26
That was GWE's fitting of the pipe, his pic. I'm comfortable around there now, but that's it, lol.

I'm going to be mapping and adjusting my BOV now, much work ahead, possibly months until I'm happy.

Dream3r
Friday 31st October 2014, 18:59
Map v2 (5 bar Cavalli)

Silly maf readings, past stock limits, but still reading ;) suggesting 400-420 bhp

Loads of work to-do still it's pretty raw the boost control, the turbo seems capable of 1.6 bar at just over 3k.

stribo
Friday 31st October 2014, 19:08
Will be watching with interest, hope I didn't get you in trouble earlier.

S70T5Chris
Friday 31st October 2014, 19:11
I'm really liking the sound of this scotch 😀

I've finally got the s60 spot on, I'm so happy with it. I can't see me going any further if I'm honest, but........

S70T5Chris
Friday 31st October 2014, 19:12
Ps, we need to organise a night out. I miss your face. (And lips 💋❤️❤️) 😜😜

Dream3r
Friday 31st October 2014, 19:16
Will be watching with interest, hope I didn't get you in trouble earlier.

Cool, no not yet anyway. It's normally pretty lackadaisical about that stuff there but I personally told all of the mods that I wouldn't be doing it.

stribo
Friday 31st October 2014, 19:17
Has Dave contacted you?

Dream3r
Friday 31st October 2014, 19:18
I'm really liking the sound of this scotch ��

I've finally got the s60 spot on, I'm so happy with it. I can't see me going any further if I'm honest, but........

Ps, we need to organise a night out. I miss your face. (And lips ��❤️❤️) ����

If it's spot on then leave it mate lol, I wondered the same thing but I wanted more poweeeeeeeer :)

I'm going to definitely try my best to make something I miss you tooo :wub:

Dream3r
Friday 31st October 2014, 19:21
Has Dave contacted you?

Yes and thank you. I suggested he look at some more stage 1 stuff first, actuator cracking pressure being one.

He's getting help over on T5D5.

stribo
Friday 31st October 2014, 19:23
Yes and thank you. I suggested he look at some more stage 1 stuff first, actuator cracking pressure being one.

He's getting help over on T5D5.

Cool, well, I won't spam your thread any more. Planning to get a remap from you via Sham next year, once I've uprated the IC, and got water/meth injection, but I'll contact you both nearer the time. :)

Dream3r
Friday 31st October 2014, 19:36
If it's via Shem he's your man :) I'm always about though ;)

dtp
Friday 31st October 2014, 20:11
Has Dave contacted you?

Two Dave's with S60R's now that might be confusing. :)

Dream3r
Wednesday 5th November 2014, 23:28
Now on v12c, getting there, car is unbelievably fast! Maf is now basically saturated, oh the joys.

I'm working on a MAF adapter for the RS4 maf and housing, if any one want's one let me know.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 6th November 2014, 13:58
how big is the MAF housing?

Dream3r
Thursday 6th November 2014, 14:09
83mm I believe. It will max out at around 1700 kg/hr, more importantly.

The adapters will be for the R airbox though.

Dream3r
Monday 10th November 2014, 12:15
V12g and power is probably a little too high. As you can see the maf is well saturated in 3rd.

Approximate power is 460bhp but the tune is far from finished. ;) I am running a little too much boost at present, I'll be de-tuning it a bit.

Below you can see the end of the S60R MAF ... I'm guessing 1400 kg/hr by the end was the real amount going by other values.

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/jpcurrie/maf_saturated.png

Dream3r
Friday 14th November 2014, 18:37
OK so I got hold of a spare airbox and attacked it with a dremmel (thanks peacey)

83 mm RS4 MAF now test fitted, managed to retain the stock screw holes with the maf offset slightly. Can't think of an issue with that can anyone?

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/jpcurrie/2014-11-14.jpg

mike 850
Friday 14th November 2014, 18:41
looks great, my maf is sat vertical and runs fine

Dream3r
Sunday 23rd November 2014, 16:46
Bit more progress, filter turned up (it's off a hummer) just fits in the airbox with mortifications ;)

Thinking of an extra cold air feed but we shall see.

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/jpcurrie/IMG-20141123-WA0010.jpg

Dream3r
Monday 24th November 2014, 19:34
OK so stock maf cavalli tune/map is done, I had a good A + B road blast today and was very impressed by the lack of lag and brutal power, picture on the owner of an V8 Audi S4 as I went screaming past like he was going backwards- Priceless!

Will have to get her rolling roaded.

Dream3r
Wednesday 26th November 2014, 23:34
OK so I thought I could write a quick review for anyone thinking for going for the Cavalli turbo.

I've only done around 500 miles so think of this as a first impression/inside in-to it all, long term reliability, etc, is an unknown.

The install was a slight PITA with a few things going wrong and snapped bolts, but we got there, credit goes to GWE and Shem - thank you very much guys.

Regarding the turbo, I finished my stock maf map after a few weeks of mapping in my spare time and 1.5 bar at 3k is possible with this turbo, which I think is quite impressive, and it will hold that and more to the redline no problem. Around town it does feel a little laggier than the K24 but acceptable, and I am very glad I went for something which spools very fast (triple ball bearing). It will outflow the K24 @ 5K no problem at all.

I don't have any dyno figures yet, hopefully soon if there is a meet, but my target for 420 has been at least met going by my maf figures.

I'm currently running 1.5 bar or so from 3k to 7k but due the to maf saturation am still taking it easy with timing etc. I hope to get the RS4 maf installed soon but am awaiting on more parts.

It will saturate the S60R maf, in third, so beware, datalog the car if tuning :lol:

A1 single + dual driving the car is an absolute monster, it's overtaking capability is now staggering (previously is was more than adequate on the K24). This is where is makes a difference for me and it puts a smile on my face :)

Previously the traction control light was a rarity in the R, but I have noticed it kicking in a bit when planting the throttle up-hill, when wet, not not really surprising, extra care will need to be taken in the wet, tyres are still good but with some inside wear due the failed wishbones :(

I have a mapping bit of road locally, which is slightly uphill for and my 'waypoint' is a walk over bridge, which I use for my 'trap speed', for lack of a better phrase, it's 10 mph quicker there than the K24, I also suspect that acceleration at this point is increasing exponentially over the K24 as it has normally been outflowed by this point.

As with anything brand new I'm continuing to keep an eye on things like oil and pipes. Hopefully I will be able to give you all a long term reliability report post Combe, assuming I can make it.

Strangely, most of my 'pops and bangs' that come with a stock S60R are gone, I am putting it down to the CBV at this point as I have no idea otherwise, I am running an external recirc now.

As a last note,

Chris Wubbenhorst, of Cavalli Turbo has been exceptional in customer service so far. Many, many questions always answered, despite it being weekends, differing timezones, etc.

Overall, so far, I am a very happy camper. Oh and the turbo makes a supercharger whine until warm, when lightly spooling/coming out of vacuum.

M-R-P
Wednesday 26th November 2014, 23:40
Awesome writeup mate, she must be a right handful now!

Dream3r
Wednesday 26th November 2014, 23:49
Awesome writeup mate, she must be a right handful now!

First and second are a bit mental now, lol.

M-R-P
Wednesday 26th November 2014, 23:50
Straight to 3rd then lol

Dream3r
Thursday 27th November 2014, 13:54
Not that bad but it's fun :) How does you open cone work for you? Assuming it is as per your piccy there.

M-R-P
Thursday 27th November 2014, 14:21
The stainless filter went a while ago, it looked good and sounded nice but as soon as it got damp, it rusted (stainless my arse lol) it's got a cheap fleabay twincone filter on it now.

TBH (bearing in mind I don't check things like AITs etc) the only filter I've found that makes any kind of difference to performance was a Blitz Sonic shielded cone filter and that pile of crap cost me 18 whp on back to back runs (yeah - an 18whp drop in power with it on!)

Dream3r
Thursday 27th November 2014, 14:32
I'm having fun shoe horning my mahoosive K&N in-to the airbox so am contemplating running it straight on-to the RS4 MAF housing for the time being....

M-R-P
Thursday 27th November 2014, 14:41
As long as you can get clean airflow to it, it should be usable. I took the rubber seal off the windscreen scuttle panel to allow better airflow through the top of the engine bay. However - that allows hot air from the bay to enter the cabin via the vent in the scuttle panel. Not fun in the summer lol.

Dream3r
Thursday 27th November 2014, 14:56
I'm going to bore out the airbox as much as possible at th e weekend then try and get the hoses fitted. Fun, fun :)

Problem is I made a 90 mm id neck and the audi maf isn't made 90mm id on the filter side, it's just anything (90 mm +/-) as they use panel filters. I can't get a jubilee clip around it as the screw holder is in the way, I'll tickle it to see if it works. Then the filter is slightly off centre, making the 4 ply piping difficult. Might have to resort to some ducting.

Dream3r
Friday 23rd January 2015, 14:30
Not had an update for a while.

I've had a chance to do a little mapping and logging amidst the madness that Jan normally brings me.

60-100 is measured at around 5.3/4 seconds with the new turbo, staying in 3rd, not bad for an 1.7 ton R! I think my previous best was 5.9 with the KKK. This was in third, fourth I expect the figures to be better still but I can't think I ever measured fourth with the KKK in that manner, or at least I'd have to look through ooodles of log files to find it.

I've also further fine tuned the injectors, which I'm happy with the results, lambda 1 at idle with no stutter and very smooth part throttle around town and I'm still within 1% of factory fuel trims on my old greens. Happy :)

I'll keep this updated if anyone is interested. Must get the RS4 maf fitted and a suitable filter found....

Let's hope the turbo holds up for the long term, since I'm the first one in the UK to try it :)

Wobbly Dave
Friday 23rd January 2015, 15:51
ITG do an enclosed 102mm cone. Only issue is creating a cold feed to fit onto it.

Ettienne
Friday 23rd January 2015, 16:06

I've had a chance to do a little mapping and logging amidst the madness that Jan normally brings me.

60-100 is measured at around 5.3/4 seconds with the new turbo, staying in 3rd, not bad for an 1.7 ton R! I think my previous best was 5.9 with the KKK. This was in third, fourth I expect the figures to be better still but I can't think I ever measured fourth with the KKK in that manner, or at least I'd have to look through ooodles of log files to find it.

I've also further fine tuned the injectors, which I'm happy with the results, lambda 1 at idle with no stutter and very smooth part throttle around town and I'm still within 1% of factory fuel trims on my old greens. Happy :)

I'll keep this updated if anyone is interested. Must get the RS4 maf fitted and a suitable filter found....

Let's hope the turbo holds up for the long term, since I'm the first one in the UK to try it :)

Please keep us posted!! Good work

Dream3r
Saturday 24th January 2015, 08:45
ITG do an enclosed 102mm cone. Only issue is creating a cold feed to fit onto it.

I'm definitely keeping stock airbox, bored out.

Please keep us posted!! Good work

Will do!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 26th January 2015, 13:24
I'm definitely keeping stock airbox, bored out.

In that case the 102mm ITG I use comes in either a straight cylinder shape or conical.

Dream3r
Monday 26th January 2015, 14:01
Any links mate?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 26th January 2015, 14:51
I got mine from camskill - other suppliers are available

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m35b0s3496p0/Performance_Air_Filters_ITG_Maxogen_Air_Filters_an d_Carbon_Airbox_Kits

This is the cylinder I bought.

http://itgfilters.net/collections/itg-maxogen-filters/products/15jc60-99

Do you plan to use 102mm all the way to the turbo or are you reducing it after the MAF?

There are other places I found too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ITG-Maxogen-Conical-Cylindrical-Air-Filter-99mm-ID-102mm-OD-Neck-JC60-99-/251712962098?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a9b42fe32

http://www.itgairfilters.com/company_distrubutors_UK.asp

(this includes HLM - although I realise you are probably less likely to order from Hamish).

Wobbly Dave
Monday 26th January 2015, 14:57
ps if you wanted an enclosed airbox to go with the JC60/99 then this is the one to have (the only one it fits in)

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/oncirrus/3/image/product/zoom/0123456789/0123456789/itgarab80-99-d1.jpg

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/universal-air-boxes/itg-maxogen-universal-aluminium-air-box

Dream3r
Monday 26th January 2015, 15:17
I got mine from camskill - other suppliers are available

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m35b0s3496p0/Performance_Air_Filters_ITG_Maxogen_Air_Filters_an d_Carbon_Airbox_Kits

This is the cylinder I bought.

http://itgfilters.net/collections/itg-maxogen-filters/products/15jc60-99

Do you plan to use 102mm all the way to the turbo or are you reducing it after the MAF?

There are other places I found too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ITG-Maxogen-Conical-Cylindrical-Air-Filter-99mm-ID-102mm-OD-Neck-JC60-99-/251712962098?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a9b42fe32

http://www.itgairfilters.com/company_distrubutors_UK.asp

(this includes HLM - although I realise you are probably less likely to order from Hamish).

Thanks mate, I'll take a gander this week, I appreciate it.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 26th January 2015, 15:27
Spoke to ITG's sales dept. Only airbox with 102mm OD neck is the aluminium ones. Which is just as well as the carbon ones are not cheap and would make me probably make some lame excuse and stick one on the plastic.

Dream3r
Monday 26th January 2015, 15:33
Thanks, Pipercross I'm also looking at.

CaR needs some maintenance work done now so it may slow progress, PCV needs done amongst another CV boot by the sounds of it.

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 26th January 2015, 17:27
jst pt a 90mm sock filter in the airbox john

Dream3r
Monday 26th January 2015, 17:33
Having trouble finding one that fits mate. the K&N I bought doesn't.

I will sound lovely open but I want to retain the stock air box.

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 26th January 2015, 18:03
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PiperCross-Air-Filter-Socks-for-ITB-Throttle-Bodies-Ram-Pipes-ID-90mm-x-100mm-/251547443036?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a91655f5c

martin_r_smith
Monday 26th January 2015, 18:17
You could try contacting ramair. They can make one-off's to suit I'm sure.

Edit: just had a quick look on their site and yes they do bespoke units to your specifications.

Dream3r
Saturday 31st January 2015, 14:41
Nice one, thanks.

GregE102
Friday 6th February 2015, 11:39

Hello John I have some questions for you regarding your mapping/tuning.

Why is there such a huge discrepancy in the 60 - 100 times between your car and DTP's car? Because I was lead to believe you both have the same hardware? Tim confirmed DTP's car to be 100% mechanically sound, yet when it was timed it was 1.2 seconds slower than standard after you loaded your map on to DTP's car?
Shows here it being slower than standard http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/28358-££££-happens/page-8

Are you running Greens with your Turbo?

I would really Like to know the outcome of your end tuning ventures with this Turbo and what lessons if any were learnt by the hardware and mapping of yours and DTP's car?

Thanks Greg

sizzlechest
Friday 6th February 2015, 15:01

He was as stated in his post from January 23rd.

I would really Like to know the outcome of your end tuning ventures with this Turbo and what lessons if any were learnt by the hardware and mapping of yours and DTP's car?

You REALLY would? Why? Are you looking to purchase this turbo? Or rather, start an online argument with John?

Dream3r
Friday 6th February 2015, 16:23
Hello John I have some questions for you regarding your mapping/tuning.

Why is there such a huge discrepancy in the 60 - 100 times between your car and DTP's car? Because I was lead to believe you both have the same hardware? Tim confirmed DTP's car to be 100% mechanically sound, yet when it was timed it was 1.2 seconds slower than standard after you loaded your map on to DTP's car?
Shows here it being slower than standard http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/28358-££££-happens/page-8

Thanks Greg

Hi Greg,

I'll post any updates on my car here. Regarding DTP's car, it's nothing to-do with me anymore, I notified him that I was removing my services and offered him a refund with help to get his car in a state where it can go to another tuner, no reply unfortunately :( so that ship has now sailed.

DTP's map isn't the same as mine that is bad information, and neither is the hardware, my map has knock light, map switching, and is also fairly different boost profile and is actually finshed, plus mine has a stock head and his has a 2.4 T5 engine installed with different rods, different recirc valve, etc, his was timed at 5.6 secs (iirc??) when we were mapping/logging (he has all of that data), this was before the head came off though, again ask him! I think that is about as much as I can say on that subject.

We are designing/implementing a new MAF setup before things further with my car. TBH, it's fast enough, I might not bother, or I may decide on a forged engine build and go mental, who knows.

Injectors - I'm running DEKA's 630cc @ 3BAR.

I've been extremely busy with other things so not much time to devote to it over the past few months, apart from that it's getting its 3k oil change and also a full PCV replacement. Also, possibly, needs a O/S CV boot by the sounds of things, it's over 10 now :(

I've got to do some programming for the -04 R models for someone (5 bar PID controlled file etc) so my car will take a back seat for a few months whilst I complete that work.

Lastly, Greg, I'd rather not pollute my project thread with other peoples problems. I suggest a new thread. Also, the link to T5D5 sadly doesn't work for me, I have had my viewing, posting/replying and reading rights removed, but haven't been banned. I may look like I am ignoring things but I simply can't see them, plus I still have a habit of tapping in the URL which logs me in-to the site with zero privileges. This may also give the impression that I've been on but am ignoring posts or PM's.

GregE102
Friday 6th February 2015, 18:09

You REALLY would? Why? Are you looking to purchase this turbo? Or rather, start an online argument with John?

By the looks of your post you want there to be something?

If you look back through the history of Johns work I used to be a fan of some of his stuff before we had an argument over something he did, but it does not mean i am not interested in what he has done or is doing? and by the looks of it he has cleared up my questions very politely in the same manner I have asked them So grow up it free country!

Thanks Greg

S70T5Chris
Friday 6th February 2015, 18:26

That attitude isn't going to help anyone. Only provoke what, IMHO, was a sensible, polite post by Greg into a row.

Dream3r
Friday 6th February 2015, 18:38
The joys of the Internet chaps, one can assume different things from the same post.

The other thing on my mind is a decat.

S70T5Chris
Friday 6th February 2015, 18:45
The joys of the Internet chaps, one can assume different things from the same post.

The other thing on my mind is a decat.

You can't argue that that post from Sizzlyt!ts was argumentative! Whereas you and Greg exchanged polite posts (for once :wink:).

By the way, did you say you had a lead or something relating to the Jukebox I got from you? It's still in the box, in the garage by the way! It's on the list!

Dream3r
Friday 6th February 2015, 18:52
You can't argue that that post from Sizzlyt!ts was argumentative! Whereas you and Greg exchanged polite posts (for once :wink:).

By the way, did you say you had a lead or something relating to the Jukebox I got from you? It's still in the box, in the garage by the way! It's on the list!

Ah yes, the lead that's been staring at me for yonks, lol. Pm me your address and I'll post it Monday matey.

Yes, polite, I try not to hold any grudges mate, life's far, far too short :). No hard feelings from me Greg.

S70T5Chris
Friday 6th February 2015, 18:54
Cool, I'll text you

Ettienne
Friday 6th February 2015, 19:40
The above is a little baffling as it's not something that's been aired on this forum.

Sometimes reading a thread on another forum or any thread in general it's difficult to get the gist of what's happened with lots of input from people involved and others that aren't and just are set on stirring.

Is there a simplified short version.

stribo
Friday 6th February 2015, 19:49
The above is a little baffling as it's not something that's been aired on this forum.

Sometimes reading a thread on another forum or any thread in general it's difficult to get the gist of what's happened with lots of input from people involved and others that aren't and just are set on stirring.

Is there a simplified short version.

Yep, there's been an arguement on T5D5, Dream3r has lost all posting and reading privileges, so now some of their members (who rarely use this forum) have brought the argument over to this forum.

ExternalError
Friday 6th February 2015, 19:52
Maybe it would be best hearing of DTP's issues direct from him rather than someone who has no connection to the transaction that went on between john and dave. Speaking from my own experience of johns work his customer service has been great he has taken my comments on how the car feels to drive and looked at the logs to identify what would cause my descriptions and adjusted the map to suit. I only have a limited knowlede of what has gone on between john and dave do wont comment any further on this also can i suggest this be moved to a new thread as it has nothing to do with johns project

Dream3r
Friday 6th February 2015, 19:52
I've reported the post.

Ettienne
Friday 6th February 2015, 20:01
Yep, there's been an arguement on T5D5, Dream3r has lost all posting and reading privileges, so now some of their members (who rarely use this forum) have brought the argument over to this forum.

I thought I'd ask, as I haven't read it all and it's hard to distill fact from abuse.

Just something's seem odd about it.

I've seen external errors car on the rollers and that looked good!

From this it was some sort of custom map, which wouldn't affect me running standard turbo etc.

T5frankie
Friday 6th February 2015, 20:01
have i logged on to a parallel universe?

Ettienne
Friday 6th February 2015, 20:07
have i logged on to a parallel universe?

Maybe lol, just to me on this forum looking at it, it just looks as though dreamer is not on t5d5 and people have come on to basically harass him here, as most have no idea what it's about.

T5frankie
Friday 6th February 2015, 20:12
Maybe lol, just to me on this forum looking at it, it just looks as though dreamer is not on t5d5 and people have come on to basically harass him here, as most have no idea what it's about.

is t5d5 still running then?

jamesy12345
Saturday 7th February 2015, 00:12
I'm interested in the knock light.....I wonder can it be done on M4.4

Dream3r
Saturday 7th February 2015, 07:45
I think it's standard in the bin file and tuning xdf that mecuric started over at Volvospeed, you'd have to check though, I'm not 100% sure.

Ettienne
Saturday 7th February 2015, 09:35
Person to ask is Oblark, but he doesn't come on much now, I'm seeing him in 30 mins I'll ask, I'm not into mapping and he usually tells me, I think he monitors 16 channels on his 4.4 now. Inlet temp pre / post intercooler etc

Dream3r
Saturday 7th February 2015, 11:10
With me7 I normally monitor over 50 channels lol.

jamesy12345
Saturday 7th February 2015, 13:26

I'm very interested in data logging...I think you sent me a link for your ME7 software.....but shortly after I went back to old school M4.4 again, thanks for tips

Dream3r
Saturday 7th February 2015, 13:27
I'm very interested in data logging...I think you sent me a link for your ME7 software.....but I've gone back to old school M4.4 again, thanks for tips

As always no probs! I'll probably be removing the software from sale soon, zero sales! People don't understand it I think. It should be probably be something just for me and Shem.

Dream3r
Saturday 7th February 2015, 13:36
About datalogging, it's 100% needed to tune anything with an ecu in my opinion. Be it with VIDA or custom software.

The reason I wrote my own is that VIDA is very limited when you can get by cylinder retard values by going the custom route.

Ettienne
Saturday 7th February 2015, 14:32

I think from what robs said it's more limited the 4.4, but it might be more but not 50.

Ettienne
Saturday 7th February 2015, 14:34
I asked and he said he can map i4.4 so the engine light flashes if it detects knock, but it doesn't do that on the standard setup and he data logs a lot of stuff.

That's it don't know anything else as it's not my sort of thing.

jamesy12345
Saturday 7th February 2015, 14:36
I asked and he said he can map i4.4 so the engine light flashes if it detects knock, but it doesn't do that on the standard setup and he data logs a lot of stuff.

That's it don't know anything else as it's not my sort of thing.

thanks for asking....sorry to John for going off on a tangent...I think I better start here...

http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/Data_logging

Ettienne
Saturday 7th February 2015, 14:44
thanks for asking....sorry to John for going off on a tangent...I think I better start here...

http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/Data_logging

Rob downloaded his data logger from swede speed I think for free and maps it the same way, but I think you need to do something to the 4.4 or ostriches or something, I'm sure some reading up would help.

Dream3r
Saturday 7th February 2015, 18:39
The stuff mecuric did was custom to allow the datalogging. I don't know what the limits are on it though.

Don't worry about tangents and datalogging I love the topic lol.

You guys need the Volvo M4.4 book that is around in secret. No pdfs back then lol.

Dream3r
Sunday 8th February 2015, 23:45
Long day today, me and GWE had some work todo. He replaced my pcv breather system, cleaned throttle body etc, ended up being a bit of a nightmare.

On the newer pcv heated pipes there is a small banjo eyelet which vents to the inlet manifold next to the alternator, well I bought a new bolt for this after speaking with rufe and unfortunately it had been deleted by someone previously.

Ok we thought, let's put it back to stock but the breather banjo hole had been retapped to a different thread! It never rains but it pours!

So we blanked off ze banjo and fitted the inlet manifold, but on the last and most inaccessible bolt we lost a spanner, only to be found after again removing the inlet manifold!

Good thing is my valves are clean as a whistle, and I have a new pcv breather system on a 10 year old car.

Still to do is oil change and ptc valve clean which we forgot about.

Thanks to GWE he's handy on the tools! Has anyone deleted this fitting I mention should I go to the hassle of reinstating it?

I think I'll grab a banjo bolt of the correct thread and try to refit it in-situ , but there's not a lot of room next to the alternator there.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th February 2015, 17:26
That banjo breather thing on the OS end of the inlet manifold has caused me nothing but grief (and overfueling) in the last couple of years - so I feel your pain

Dream3r
Monday 9th February 2015, 18:37
That banjo breather thing on the OS end of the inlet manifold has caused me nothing but grief (and overfueling) in the last couple of years - so I feel your pain

Can you explain further matey?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 10th February 2015, 00:11
yeah the little breather thing came off - the one that runs to the PCV and caused a long term fuel trim issue because of the air leak - not to mention how much a PITA they are to get the clips on the other pipes or if you decide to do the banjo bolt last - just the lack of access is tricky/ fiddly.

Dream3r
Tuesday 10th February 2015, 00:27
It's a vac pipe isn't it. Blanking it will fubar the pcv or am I Barking up the wrong tree?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 10th February 2015, 00:39
yes I believe so and it also carries water from below the t-stat around to the insertion point just above the crank position sensor.

This is the photo/diagram I have of it from when I was doing my 1st build up back in early 2013. jubilee/pipe 12 connects to the t-stat

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y530/WobblyDave/Garrett%20GTX%20conversion%20project/pcvinfo3_zps86c061a8.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/WobblyDave/media/Garrett%20GTX%20conversion%20project/pcvinfo3_zps86c061a8.jpg.html)

Dream3r
Tuesday 10th February 2015, 00:53
Well that both sucks and solves my pcv problem.

Thanks mate. It's bolt 11 next to thermostat that is missing/blanked and manifold retapped.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 10th February 2015, 01:04
I hope you get it sorted. if you don't have a breather from the inlet then you'll have to blank off part of the PCV - effects unknown. It may be just an efficiency thing but I am guessing it uses the vacuum to some extent?

Dream3r
Tuesday 10th February 2015, 01:14
Seems like it helps suck into oil trap from your diagram. It's a non return banjo as well

Harvey
Tuesday 10th February 2015, 07:48
The banjo only works at tick over as that's the only time there's a vacuum present at the manifold.to suck the crankcase to a vacuum.

Dream3r
Tuesday 10th February 2015, 08:26
Which is my problem, plus light loads. On boost I assume the vac at the intake is enough.

Dream3r
Sunday 15th March 2015, 18:55
Slight update, not had much time at all for my own car, been working 7 days a week.

Someone is kindly sorting a new manifold for me though, so that will solve that small issue.

Next stop a decat (with vband) as soon as I can schedule it in :)

Dream3r
Sunday 22nd March 2015, 09:28
I managed to get finished early yesterday and replaced my VBAND OTE with this snabb one, looks sweet!

It was a very tight fit and has more silicone joins so we shall she how it fairs, much better fit than my original OTE with the cavalli.

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/jpcurrie/IMG_20150321_161715_zpswdblbqka.jpg

Dream3r
Monday 21st September 2015, 18:38
Well after a few ups and downs in the family I've bee 'told' it's to be sold when the new car arrvies lol, so it's going back to stock and sold, mileage @ 49k with cambelt being done, so with the remedial work complete it hopefully should sell.

Edit the ££££ who blanked off the banjo on the inlet manifold caused high pcv pressure at idle, not high enough to cause issues but I ended up changing the whole manifold..

S70T5Chris
Monday 21st September 2015, 18:59
Sensible decision John. :B_thumb:

Noticed the missed call, I'll give you a shout back tomorrow if that's cool.

Dream3r
Monday 21st September 2015, 19:02
Sensible decision John. :B_thumb:

Noticed the missed call, I'll give you a shout back tomorrow if that's cool.

Just listen to the voicemail mate but call anytime.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some £ back from the mods to be removed (TBD) too.

Having 2x 300+ BHP AWD cars is silly for me lol.

Dream3r
Wednesday 23rd September 2015, 18:46
Stock = stage 2 BTW ;)

Dream3r
Saturday 26th September 2015, 22:59
OK Greens ordered, Swedish DP ordered, going to have a new clutch an collar as well so it's good, old K24 back in etc.

Sell it in 6 months or store it, that's the question!

t5 pete
Saturday 26th September 2015, 23:24
Will you be removing the meth kit

Dream3r
Saturday 26th September 2015, 23:34
yep and it's pre-sold

Dream3r
Wednesday 30th September 2015, 10:06
OK so things moved a bit quick and I bought a B8 S4 (weapons grade machine) yesterday.

Once fully refurbed, new collar, new greens, and clutch (no need at present, but for the new owners piece of mind) and back to stock or stage 2 (undecided since I am not awaiting on another car now) then it will be up for sale.

49k miles, ipd arbs, feritta cat back, new tyres, mot till dec, new front shockers and bottom arms, arb bushes all done last year also.

PCV done, also just a few weeks ago.

Should I buy a £500.00 DP or stick the stocker back on?

Dream3r
Wednesday 30th September 2015, 10:20
DP ordered I'd want it! 200 CEL, if it helps any one Timo @ JT-Tuning AB has been outstanding so far and supplies Autotech AB with their kit.

Worth considering if anyone is looking.

Dream3r
Sunday 4th October 2015, 19:45
Car will be up for sale in around 6 weeks at a guess with the arrival of the B8 S4, as mentioned above.

Nealevo
Sunday 4th October 2015, 20:06
Can't beat an S4 mate, stealthily fast cars ....... My daily

Dream3r
Monday 5th October 2015, 17:03
Can't beat an S4 mate, stealthily fast cars ....... My daily

The sports diff is unreal car is literally on rails.

Ettienne
Monday 5th October 2015, 23:04
Is that auto or manual john?

Dream3r
Wednesday 7th October 2015, 08:10
6 speed manual mate 49k-50k on the clock atm and its not being used.

Just got the new DP yesterday. Looks nice.

Dream3r
Wednesday 7th October 2015, 17:03
So new Sports Swedish cat, new bosch greens, new clutch ,new collar, fluids done and 49-50k Flash Green, Facelift (54 plate) S60R MT for someone soon.

It's also shimmed and K24 isn't cracked, also new tyres, arms, and front shocks within last 5k!

IPD ARBS, KLRacing IC too!

jamesy12345
Wednesday 7th October 2015, 17:11
So new Sports Swedish cat, new bosch greens, new clutch ,new collar, fluids done and 49-50k Flash Green, Facelift (54 plate) S60R MT for someone soon.

It's also shimmed and K24 isn't cracked, also new tyres and front shocks within last 5k!

sounds very nice not many of those about!!

Dream3r
Wednesday 7th October 2015, 17:22
bit like the one in ur sig i guess mate, seriously thinking about storing it and using it for trackdays but money in the bank n that lol.

jamesy12345
Wednesday 7th October 2015, 17:28
...seriously thinking about storing it and using it for trackdays but money in the bank n that lol.

exactly, hopefully you can do just that & don't take any daft offers from traders.....! But good storage costs a bit - 16 quid week for me atm

Dream3r
Wednesday 7th October 2015, 17:32
Nah it's either going to an enthusiast (hopefully) or getting stored, mate of mine will sort something out. Either that I'll just leave it at my dads, he's got a bit of parking space lol.

Dream3r
Tuesday 1st December 2015, 15:49
Will be ready in a few days fully refurbed reply here if interested, had to switch my pm's off

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 05:23
Will be ready in a few days fully refurbed reply here if interested, had to switch my pm's off

It's all done and looking stunning 49k new clutch +, old k24 back on, collar and a map of your choice will be hitting autorader as no doubt it will be derailed.

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 06:24
My post was heavily edited so I decided not to reply for a bit.

I sold the IP, it it/was in a previous post, I notice the good Dr has got of my back exasperating long term mental conditions can get you in hot water being Gp/Surgeon...................

As I originally posted MULTIPLE TIMES and ANG Tim several and explained via email it was only the dev ecu that the said person begged me for the dev map, since then several email and posts have been badky aktered I(YES I took a screenshot) emails and posts were changed, pretty heartless to be honest, the spare dev ecu one of in (existence)was protected to he high hilt and there was only one of them outside my possession. He begged fo it unfinnishd sadly, booked hotels and forced himself into the situation.

The older map was running out of fuel as most know christ a 2.4 I mapped to 250 ish bhp as running out of the comfortt zone with VXR's so ported head, R = = GREENS === NOOOOOOOOOO

Lesson to be learnt, check your hardware (as asked), and follow instructions or it would not have happened. The VAG/Bosch reports are shocking on the former map btw, at a guess 15 degrees knock retard would be normal possibly causing his unfixed oil leak. runnig ou of fuel, to much boost and timing silly. The k24 expired I remember.

To summarise ECM-TECH sole trader tunes (gone for now but NEVER volvo again) are protected from reading and copying [b] but owner can get a Volvo reload or a full flash with no issues at Volvo[b] or simply using my slash tool lol Shark....MTE ask Ben Don as their softloaders may work different.....

Reading or modifying my calibrations is protected was in the infamous T+C's witch iPD have funny enough. (USA MTE DEALER LOL)

I can't answer specific questions on that (the non dev ECUs) as I sold the IP but it's safe and tested on a lots of ECU's/Car's. inc Volvo reload. 100's in USA.

This isn't unusual look a vag they're worse lol so don't worry.

@Chris feel free to call me instead of keyboard ranting mate I'll set you straight.

About me I've dropped from near 18st in may to 12 stone now and expect to get dianosed with severe depression on my next GP visit.

That's the truth chaps. Private therapist the hole lot since this started (from both ends).

@Santa I previously stated (unless that was deleted as well) that all support transferred to Hilton Tuning in USA.

I'm working on VAG B4 S4, what hoot, oh and the mrs turned out to be a sneak with the men ... bad year...

Let hope this one is better eh.

All the best chaps, once last bit of advice most of my posts pertaining to ECM-ECH have been altered so take it with a pinch of salt (I am lol) I have screens of before and after. Sad really.

Cya I'm still working on me7 but custom code for VAG :) Tricore will be a test of my iQ for sure.

Here's me know to prove it https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1098060_10205523929153868_383711215703677946_n.jpg ?oh=6370cfbcb067f7dbda14f6c0fb505ab4&oe=56FF7F2B

John

Santa
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 10:35
My post was heavily edited so I decided not to reply for a bit.

I sold the IP, it it/was in a previous post, I notice the good Dr has got of my back exasperating long term mental conditions can get you in hot water being Gp/Surgeon...................

As I originally posted MULTIPLE TIMES and ANG Tim several and explained via email it was only the dev ecu that the said person begged me for the dev map, since then several email and posts have been badky aktered I(YES I took a screenshot) emails and posts were changed, pretty heartless to be honest, the spare dev ecu one of in (existence)was protected to he high hilt and there was only one of them outside my possession. He begged fo it unfinnishd sadly, booked hotels and forced himself into the situation.

The older map was running out of fuel as most know christ a 2.4 I mapped to 250 ish bhp as running out of the comfortt zone with VXR's so ported head, R = = GREENS === NOOOOOOOOOO

Lesson to be learnt, check your hardware (as asked), and follow instructions or it would not have happened. The VAG/Bosch reports are shocking on the former map btw, at a guess 15 degrees knock retard would be normal possibly causing his unfixed oil leak. runnig ou of fuel, to much boost and timing silly. The k24 expired I remember.

To summarise ECM-TECH sole trader tunes (gone for now but NEVER volvo again) are protected from reading and copying [b] but owner can get a Volvo reload or a full flash with no issues at Volvo[b] or simply using my slash tool lol Shark....MTE ask Ben Don as their softloaders may work different.....

Reading or modifying my calibrations is protected was in the infamous T+C's witch iPD have funny enough. (USA MTE DEALER LOL)

I can't answer specific questions on that (the non dev ECUs) as I sold the IP but it's safe and tested on a lots of ECU's/Car's. inc Volvo reload. 100's in USA.

This isn't unusual look a vag they're worse lol so don't worry.

@Chris feel free to call me instead of keyboard ranting mate I'll set you straight.

About me I've dropped from near 18st in may to 12 stone now and expect to get dianosed with severe depression on my next GP visit.

That's the truth chaps. Private therapist the hole lot since this started (from both ends).

@Santa I previously stated (unless that was deleted as well) that all support transferred to Hilton Tuning in USA.

I'm working on VAG B4 S4, what hoot, oh and the mrs turned out to be a sneak with the men ... bad year...

Let hope this one is better eh.

All the best chaps, once last bit of advice most of my posts pertaining to ECM-ECH have been altered so take it with a pinch of salt (I am lol) I have screens of before and after. Sad really.

Cya I'm still working on me7 but custom code for VAG :) Tricore will be a test of my iQ for sure.

Here's me know to prove it https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1098060_10205523929153868_383711215703677946_n.jpg ?oh=6370cfbcb067f7dbda14f6c0fb505ab4&oe=56FF7F2B

John

Out of interest, which post was heavily edited?

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 18:48
My original reply was heavily edited on the locked thread about a lying Dr Ashok Samuel Paul .

The email you edited out was the truth, not his manipulated version on T5D5.

Dr Ashok has been registered as a Trauma and orthopaedic surgery From, no idea why such an outstanding member of the community would spill lies about me, someone protected under the 2010 act...

I guess I'll find out.

Santa
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 19:36
My original reply was heavily edited on the locked thread about a lying Dr Ashok Samuel Paul .

The email you edited out was the truth, not his manipulated version on T5D5.

Dr Ashok has been registered as a Trauma and orthopaedic surgery From, no idea why such an outstanding member of the community would spill lies about me, someone protected under the 2010 act...

I guess I'll find out.
And other than editing out of things that break the rules (like the email for example and yes I have a copy of the original post) what has been edited to change the contents of the post?

(If the other party in the email wants to grant its publication then I'm fine with it being posted)

S70T5Chris
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 19:50
Well in response to your other post on the closed thread, I have tried to call you 8, or is it 9 times today? Not answered or responded to once. I await your excuse for why, of which I am sure there will be many.

So since you won't answer the phone...

As I stated previously, I have always kept my mouth shut on the forums. And off the forums I was the ONLY one from T5D5 who tried to give you benefit of doubt and attempt to build some sort of reconcile between you and everyone else. My advice to you on our last conversation was to drop the lot, the ecu crap, the forums, the car ££££, all of it. None of it is worth the agro that you have and are putting yourself through. But you seem insistent on self destruction.

Bringing Dave's name into it after he had passed was a step too far for me (come on, you knew all about Dave, you we're trying to buy parts from his car before he died ffs. So how you can say you didn't know is once again, shameful), I couldn't contain my feelings any longer, and if that upset you then I'm sorry, but you only have yourself to blame. As for calling me a keyboard warrior or a troll or I'm being influenced by others, well, you obviously don't know me very well at all John. I'll tell anyone what I think to their face, over the phone or on a public forum it makes no odds to me. No one will ever influence my opinions on anything, I think for myself and if you think I am that weak minded then more fool you. I was the last ally you had on the opposite side of them fence.

I have no interest or desire to get involved, discuss or debate anything to do with any of this crap ever again. But I ask you, please, don't bring up Dave's name again.

Perhaps one day, if you ever get your head straight, we will meet again and put all this crap to bed over a beer. But I won't hold my breath.

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 20:30
Chris, have you changed your number, I don't pick up unknown numbers on days off (work phone).

That's exactly when I found out then mate, as i was looking for a DP if memory serves me right.

Anyway this is OT. I'll ring you tomorrow buddy to iron things out. Best done face 2 face or on the phone. Tonight I'm going to be helping over on another forum peacefully.

@Santa, go and look at the post I already edited out the real emails......

Removing the email gave the post no justification at all IMO. Go ahead and put it back fine with me.

edit, just re-read Chris last ally, fence? We at war? Who is the opposition? I have no problem about speaking about Dave it's life mate people die, I shared a room with him at Brizzle and was at his house socially on occasion. Maybe it's because I'm not religious, but you can't stop me saying Dave mate, spade is a spade I am like, much like yourself.

Last, I said I didn't know he was ill not till Peacy told me when he was parting his car. Shem/Peacey rang me when he passed on Sat 14th, the same day I had to kick my cheating bird out of the house if I remember.

I just tried to call and left a message buddy.
x2 message left

Santa
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 20:44
Chris, have you changed your number, I don't pick up unknown numbers on days off (work phone).

That's exactly when I found out then mate, as i was looking for a DP if memory serves me right.

Anyway this is OT. I'll ring you tomorrow buddy to iron things out. Best done face 2 face or on the phone. Tonight I'm going to be helping over on another forum peacefully.

@Santa, go and look at the post I already edited out the real emails......

Removing the email gave the post no justification at all IMO. Go ahead and put it back fine with me.

edit, just re-read Chris last ally, fence? We at war? Who is the opposition? I'll not bother ringing then mate as I have no problem about speaking about Dave it's life mate people die, I shared a room with him at Brizzle and was at his house socially on occasion. Maybe it's because I'm not religious, but you can't stop me saying Dave mate, spade is a spade I am like, much like yourself.

Last, I said I didn't know he was ill not till Peacy told me when he was parting his car. Shem/Peacey rang me when he passed on Sat 14th, the same day I had to kick my cheating bird out of the house if I remember.

But you cant post correspondence here between two parties without the agreement of the other party.

I do feel for you but forum comes first, sorry.

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 20:57
Hi Santa is that a site rule or EU law? No one was personally identifiable iirc?

If the real email can't be posted then I can't reply to the good doctors false accusations lol fair enough, least you seen the truth I guess.

Anyway back OT once the Haldex SW for the Americans is done, it's going that should be soon! I just wish it was switchable like my Audi sports diff as a tail happy R isn't brilliant like the Audi is currently anyway.

Santa
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:02
Hi Santa is that a site rule or EU law? No one was personally identifiable iirc?

If the real email can't be posted then I can't reply to the good doctors false accusations lol fair enough, least you seen the truth I guess.

Anyway back OT once the Haldex SW for the Americans is done, it's going that should be soon! I just wish it was switchable like my Audi sports diff as a tail happy R isn't brilliant like the Audi is currently anyway.
Forum rules and at least questionable under various country laws. I don't think he comes on here anyway so its not much reply but I get what you are saying.

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:14
Out of interest, which post was heavily edited?

Hi santa I was referring to T5D5 mostly, to clarify, feel free to edit that up mate sorry. The email post was the only one here.

Word to the wise, EU DPA + the USA Safe Harbor Agreement is null so nothing posted by individuals on T5D5's Server is covered under EU law anymore.

Wiredtree.com is their host and is in USA

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:16
Forum rules and at least questionable under various country laws. I don't think he comes on here anyway so its not much reply but I get what you are saying.

Read my post above re DPA + USA they do not have privacy laws and the agreement is null as of a few months back by a court ruling.

I'm not banned from T5D5 just not allowed to reply....you see why?

p.s. I'd look at your security mate re your IP addy. It would be easy to break/ddos etc. SNoRT or something.

jamesy12345
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:23
Sounds like you've had a rough time of it, John, hope you get sorted. Bird out, new car & hobby in

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:33
Sounds like you've had a rough time of it, John, hope you get sorted. Bird out, new car & hobby in

Just a tad bird of 10 years too, 2 kids, not good. Yep new hobby exactly, thanks for the positive post matey.

jamesy12345
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:35
Just a tad bird of 10 years too, 2 kids, not good. Yep new hobby exactly, thanks for the positive post matey.

I've been there mate. Access order for the kids is all I can say, no offence meant

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:36
Right I'm off to help on another forum, funny in that most UK tuners are there under guises lol

Ettienne
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:38
Anyway back OT once the Haldex SW for the Americans is done, it's going that should be soon! I just wish it was switchable like my Audi sports diff as a tail happy R isn't brilliant like the Audi is currently anyway.[/QUOTE]

This part of the thread sounds interesting, what are you hoping to achieve with this? From what I've read on the original tests they were trying to eliminate to an extent under steer.

How do you test such a set up and would any hard ware alterations be needed.

Santa
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:46
Read my post above re DPA + USA they do not have privacy laws and the agreement is null as of a few months back by a court ruling.

I'm not banned from T5D5 just not allowed to reply....you see why?

p.s. I'd look at your security mate re your IP addy. It would be easy to break/ddos etc. SNoRT or something.

As its a couple of nodes on a single vip with 2gb/s link max then yeah, anyone that can revolve a dns name to an IP and a large enough connection could ddos the site.......though the firewalls in front with a total aggregate bandwidth of something stupid like 200 odd Gb/s would block connections with that sort of characteristic. (Also provides NIDS, but thanks for the heads up, all being replaced Friday).

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:53
As its a couple of nodes on a single vip with 2gb/s link max then yeah, anyone that can revolve a dns name to an IP and a large enough connection could ddos the site.......though the firewalls in front with a total aggregate bandwidth of something stupid like 200 odd Gb/s would block connections with that sort of characteristic. (Also provides NIDS, but thanks for the heads up, all being replaced Friday).

Cool let me guess Juniper?

Santa
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:55
Cool let me guess Juniper?
Yeah, the one with the dodgy back door code in it

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:55

This part of the thread sounds interesting, what are you hoping to achieve with this? From what I've read on the original tests they were trying to eliminate to an extent under steer.

How do you test such a set up and would any hard ware alterations be needed.

oversteer mate lol just a tad no HW yet but that's not for me to decide, rear axles are like tooth picks lol

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 21:57
Yeah, the one with the dodgy back door code in it

Honestly? Can't tell if you're joking or not lol I use Cisco/HP and the odd small Junipers

Santa
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 22:01
Honestly? Can't tell if you're joking or not lol I use Cisco/HP and the odd small Junipers

On the Juniper, yes. You know you shouldn't divulge details of infrastructure publicly :)

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 22:11
On the Juniper, yes. You know you shouldn't divulge details of infrastructure publicly :)

My reply was going to be DELETE lol mine is all over UK not one company BTW

It was VIP that gave it away SSG series stuff lol

Dream3r
Friday 8th January 2016, 06:00
That's the car on loan for few weeks, then the big decision to sell or keep, as ,much as it annoys me I think I'll sell.

Anyone got any input on price, I was thinking £6750 ono, new clutch, 200 cell Dp, MOT, greens, and collar plus a fair bit more.

49k Flash Green 05 with reverse cam, sat nav etc, pcv done, new tyres and front arms recently too.

Shem gave it a full bill of health. Plugs changed every 20 k oil, changed once in summer and end of winter

Oh KL interooler (AiT's never above 30c), Simmed liners, braided lines, new front shocks, new Swedish 200cpi sports cat, new inlet manifold as well and cleaned and waxed by shem.

No discoloration in exhaust manifold, no map codes, one for AQS thats it and everything thoroughly checked and serviced according to Volvo in my ownership some dealer some me.

If it goes for asking I'll throw in a map switching map on it, stock, linear boost, or TD mode lol

Any input?

Dream3r
Wednesday 20th January 2016, 11:05

Thanks for the heads up re Juniper Misread it severity, none of mine were affected due to no ext SSH