PDA

View Full Version : Which map?

Pliskin
Tuesday 8th July 2014, 20:45
Picked up a 2001 C70 T5 cab from one of our members a few weeks ago and among other things a remap is on the cards, but which one. I am looking for overall flexibility as opposed to everything in one go.

I had a Rica 280 in my old 850 and that was about right.

Any suggestions?

Regards to all.

M-R-P
Tuesday 8th July 2014, 20:58
Can of worms but I'd recommend having a word with hamish at HLM. Your engine is pretty much identical to mine (bar the etm and crank) and I'm very happy with the map I have. Expect to pay no more than 300 quid.

Others will have their opinions. The guys on T5D5 have been developing maps with good results. There's also BSR maps you can load yourself, I've driven a BSR mapped C70 and it was very smooth but it's not cheap. Kalmar Union offer a diy map for just under 400 quid too. Rica maps appear to be getting old these days and after the trouble graham had with his Rica, I wouldn't bother.

Just my opinion tho.

merc85
Tuesday 8th July 2014, 21:00
I was very happy with my HLM :)

M-R-P
Tuesday 8th July 2014, 21:02
I was very happy with my HLM :)

Its just the rest of the car that got on your tits ay Gav lol :)

merc85
Tuesday 8th July 2014, 21:21
Its just the rest of the car that got on your tits ay Gav lol :)

I think i basically got fed up with working on them, it wasnt just mine but also friends Volvo's after 3 engine changes 4 Gearbox changes 2 of which were auto's lol and then all the wiring issues with the 2nd car it tooks its toll pmsl.

I still like Volvos and apreciate well kept examples. :)

Pliskin
Wednesday 9th July 2014, 09:40
Thanks for that guys