PDA

View Full Version : C70 T5 pipework, to replace or not

Pliskin
Friday 4th July 2014, 13:17
Hi all,
Having recently purchased a 2001 C70 T5 convertible off one of our members there are a number of items I need to attend to.

Although the car is a credit to it's previous owner it was very seldom used and things like the tyres, which although still have good tread on them are breaking down and will need replacing straight away.

It is going to have a stage 0 service and hopefully a remap. Although the rubber pipework in and around the engine bay looks ok do you think, as a preventative measure I should replace the ones, which most commonly fail and if so which ones are they?

Thanks

Regards to all.

stribo
Friday 4th July 2014, 13:20
I would replace all the vac hoses as a matter of course, just give the water and air hoses a visual check for condition, and replace if necessary.

Pliskin
Friday 4th July 2014, 13:33
Thanks for that pal

M-R-P
Friday 4th July 2014, 13:40
Get it teracleaned.

Pliskin
Friday 4th July 2014, 14:06
Does it make that much difference and how much would I be looking at.

With regards to your comment re not being able to use another ECU will I have to take the car to someone like HLM or could I use their returns service.

Sorry to be a bit of a numpty.

M-R-P
Friday 4th July 2014, 14:26
No returns but BSR and kalmar union do diy softloaders allowing you to add and remove a map at your leisure. Bit pricey tho.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 4th July 2014, 15:25
I am sure Hamish can do a decent deal on a return ECU service. I have spare hoses for C70 in good condition. Also have samco blue IC hoses too.

Pliskin
Friday 4th July 2014, 15:58
I am sure Hamish can do a decent deal on a return ECU service. I have spare hoses for C70 in good condition. Also have samco blue IC hoses too.

Cheers Dave, I will give him a bell. Let me know how much you want for the hoses.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 4th July 2014, 16:05
which ones? If you wanted to pop down here - we can go through what I have.

Pliskin
Friday 4th July 2014, 16:24
Stribo has recommended the vac hoses to be changed and a visual check on the water and air pipes but if you want shut of what you have got I don't think changing the rest will do much harm.

Cheers