PDA

View Full Version : KW Coilover Kits, Who Sells Them?

After_Shock
Saturday 12th November 2005, 19:53
I know someone found a U.K dealer for KW coilovers on here but ive lost the link, can anyone tell me who it is or post a link?

Cheers

lil_me
Saturday 12th November 2005, 20:18
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/suspension/kw_suspension/KW_Coilover_Kits.mhtml

Redbrick
Saturday 12th November 2005, 20:33
This is where I got mine from:

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

Varient 3 is available but never listed. Florian/ Volflo uses them.

Have you ever been in a Volvo running KW's? Before you shell out your hard earned I'd get a taster first, your more than welcome to have a go in mine. They are a bit extreme!

click -----> The Redbrick on the KW site (http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/50_Download/40_Client_Rides_Gallery/index.php)

After_Shock
Saturday 12th November 2005, 21:05
Thanks for the links, yeah rebrick the C70 I had years ago had the variant 2's on so more than aware of how harsh they are!

However their the only height adjustable coilovers available for the C70's, or they were back then so like the adjustability of them.

Redbrick
Saturday 12th November 2005, 22:52
Oops my bad! :slap:

Of course I remember, beautiful black C70?

After_Shock
Saturday 12th November 2005, 23:18
No probs its been a while, but yeah it was the black C70, was hoping more suspension would have been out by now!

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 13th November 2005, 00:35
K & W's are fabulous. On a track. On the road they bloody aweful.

Redbrick
Sunday 13th November 2005, 09:12
Wobbly Dave's new title- 'Super Moderator and KW hater'

Watch out Dave I'm going to sneak up to Brum and stick a set on your C in the middle of the night... ;) :B_steerin

After_Shock
Sunday 13th November 2005, 09:35
I didnt mind mine on the road to be honest but never actually got a chance to try them on a track, if their the only height adjustable stuff then its the only way to go!

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 13th November 2005, 12:39
LEDA do a coilover kit at about £1100.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 14th November 2005, 13:37
Wobbly Dave's new title- 'Super Moderator and KW hater'

Watch out Dave I'm going to sneak up to Brum and stick a set on your C in the middle of the night... ;) :B_steerin
I only dislike them because they are soo hard that the slightest bump and the whole car jumps into the air. I dont dislike you or your car - I just dont rate the K&Ws. I think that they are far tooo hard. As long as AS is aware that the ride is harsh then let it be. I dont actually care that much.

madness
Monday 14th November 2005, 14:23
i like my kw's.

aftershock - any carnoisseur can also sell them. and mine were cheaper than
motorsportworld. they dont tell you about the £30 P :jaw: +P

gdogg16
Monday 14th November 2005, 19:11
There is a new coilover being developed right now, check volvospeed for details. :bog:

the underlord
Monday 14th November 2005, 23:04
There is a new coilover being developed right now, check volvospeed for details. :bog:

yeah, for 800 USD!

niiioce work greg... i call the second set.

Babybadger
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 13:24
I am waiting until after winter and then it will be eibach's and Koni FSD'sall round. I have found the Koni FSD's to be £425 ish all round. Much cheaper than the monroe sensatracks! Can anyone tell me the benefit of coilover setup? Is this the same as standard setup? I am not up with susupension!

After_Shock
Friday 18th November 2005, 21:22
Anyone got any further info on the LEDA set or the ones on Volvospeed??

After_Shock
Friday 18th November 2005, 21:23
Cheers madness, not cheap P+P!!

Dave yeah I know their rock solid as had them on the last car, but I only drive on motorways so its not that much of a problem and wouldnt mind doing some track days next year.

the underlord
Friday 18th November 2005, 22:03

The Volvospeed Set will be around 800 USD, and the initial set will be made shortly and sent to member 'gdogg16' for testing.

Hopefully the tentative time frame will be spring '06.

gdogg16
Friday 18th November 2005, 23:59
Ledas are money, at least they are over hear, they're well over 2k bucks here for the setup. They're really nice though. The coilovers I am having made will be non adjustable but made of high quality materials. They're really nice, they will also be aggresively valved. If these do well, I will have a "race" setup put into production. They are actually going to make me a set of the "race" coilovers with full bound and rebound adjustment after I do the beta testing on the nonadjustables. They will all be able to custom valved as well.

gdogg16
Saturday 19th November 2005, 00:00
I am waiting until after winter and then it will be eibach's and Koni FSD'sall round. I have found the Koni FSD's to be £425 ish all round. Much cheaper than the monroe sensatracks! Can anyone tell me the benefit of coilover setup? Is this the same as standard setup? I am not up with susupension!
Koni recomends that you not use the FSD's with lowering springs.

aeroresh
Saturday 19th November 2005, 09:44
I know Don at Kalmar Union sells his own custom made coil over kit as well as the KW kits.

Might be worth giving him a call for prices. :)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 19th November 2005, 13:44
Kalmar can supply Leda kits at about £1100 i think i was quoted.

After_Shock
Saturday 19th November 2005, 17:54
TDS you got any further info on the LEDA set as im struggling to get anything from the net about them?

I take it their Eibach? Also do you know how much they can lower the car by?

Cheers

pault5
Saturday 19th November 2005, 18:21
http://www.leda.com/

After_Shock
Saturday 19th November 2005, 18:40
Had a look on their last night but theirs no mention of heights or anything!

may have to give them a call or drop them an E-mail, look like good kits though, has anyone used them?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 20th November 2005, 15:34
Ring Kalmar and speak to Don, or mail him, he dont bite despite what you hear!

Babybadger
Tuesday 22nd November 2005, 16:22
Koni recomends that you not use the FSD's with lowering springs.

Is there any reason why you cant use Koni FSD's with Eibach springs , but you can use monroes with eibach springs?

aeroresh
Tuesday 22nd November 2005, 16:57
Ive got FSDs and Eibachs on mine and they are fine. I think you must need to use progressively wound springs if FSDs are used. :)