PDA

View Full Version : The excellent V70

Sperm1980
Sunday 29th June 2014, 00:04
Hi guys,

Just want to share my appreciation on what an ace car Volvo produced in the V70 T5.

I have owned this car just coming on 3 years now, and in that time it's been nearly faultless. I know people moan about the ME7 but I think it's brilliant. I'm not one to mod my cars and in actual fact I run it on a shoestring, but in all those 3 years all that's failed is a MAF sensor when I first got it, and after a quick search on ebay and 30 quid later she has been running OK (touch wood) ever since.

She has just gone through her MOT at 115000 miles with just a couple of ARB links and a weld up of an exhaust mount, other than that she is sound, all original.

She may not handle or go like some of yours, but as a daily that can carry everything plus the kitchen sink in comfort I don't think it can be beat.

Anyway, had a couple of beers and just wanted to show my appreciation of a brilliant motor, and when this one dies, will defo be getting another one, maybe a D5 though as fuel costs are just stupid.

Cheers

Paul

Harvey
Sunday 29th June 2014, 00:25
They are cracking all round cars ,like you say the fuel cost can be high but if you don't do silly miles we can live with them.

volvokid
Sunday 29th June 2014, 00:30
Brilliant you don't often get positive posts, I will probably always be Volvo mad, it's weird I know.

V70 Graham
Sunday 29th June 2014, 00:57
Here hear, can't praise ours enough, glad your so happy with yours.

stephenevans99
Sunday 29th June 2014, 06:54
Whoever said 'Mans best friend is a Dog'.....obviously didn't drive a Volvo. Good to hear the car still makes you smile :)

M-R-P
Sunday 29th June 2014, 08:30
A healthy, standard, (relatively) low mileage P2 is like a lightbulb - you rarely hear anything about how well it works! (it's when it stops working everybody gets to hear about it lol)

By the same token)..

A modified, high mileage P2 is like an aging family pet.... It smells funny, leaves damp patches everywhere and generally embarrasses you at every opportunity but you just can't bring yourself to bang it over the head with a shovel.

stephenevans99
Sunday 29th June 2014, 09:03
A modified, high mileage P2 is like an aging family pet.... It smells funny, leaves damp patches everywhere and generally embarrasses you at every opportunity but you just can't bring yourself to bang it over the head with a shovel.

pmsl

stribo
Sunday 29th June 2014, 09:24
A healthy, standard, (relatively) low mileage P2 is like a lightbulb - you rarely hear anything about how well it works! (it's when it stops working everybody gets to hear about it lol)

By the same token)..

Even though it needs it. :P