PDA

View Full Version : Front engine mount, two bushes?

T5Rica
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 07:44
Hi, With the top engine mount are there two bushes that need to be replaced?

The bigger bush closest to you as you stand looking into the engine bay has definitely gone, but when I gave it a jiggle at the firewall it seemed very lose there also.

My mechanic came by today but I wasn't there and he said I only needed the bush at the front. (he said he didn't check it at the firewall)

I have had a look on ebay and FCP and can only see the bigger bush for sale, but my worry is that this won't fix the problem.

Is there a smaller bush that you can buy for nearer the firewall or would I have to but the entire torque mount thing for replacement.

Is anyone able to post a link to where I can buy the entire torque mount thing or will just replacing the big bush solve the problem.

Thanks a lot.

claymore
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 07:59
I would be surprised if you need to change the bulkhead mount, just fit a new or polybush top mount.

T5Rica
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 08:54
Thanks Claymore.

Seems very wobbly at the firewall though, or is that mount on a swivel type fitting?

Saaamon
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 10:06
Think partsforvolvos do a firewall bush.

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 16:59
yes we do a replacement rubber bush inc the bracket or powerflex polyurethane bush options.
with powerflex you just need to measure the old one first as there are 2 sizes- 36 or 50mm and this is from a Volvo supercession rather than a chassis break point so any car can have either size.

we sell a surprising number of the firewall mounts so I believe they do go.