PDA

View Full Version : my god i think ive done it !!!!!

no1tosh
Monday 23rd June 2014, 21:16
fitted my walbro fuel pump on sat at work, no change to the jerking problem. I have fuel preasure again though.
had a quick tinker tonight i thought ill unplug the tps and have a drive, gess what NO JERKING when i let off the throttle :)
it doesn't boost all the way to the end off the white with it unplugged, so plugged it back in and the jerking came back and full boost again.

im gessing with it unplugged it wont allow full boost. so what do you think? tps at fault?

T5frankie
Monday 23rd June 2014, 21:19
sounds like its the extra boost causing the jerking, so could be spark plugs (blow outt)

no1tosh
Monday 23rd June 2014, 21:36
it tends to do it more violently at lower revs and speed, even though it does do it all the time boost or no boost.

just thought it was strange that i unplug the tps and the problem goes away. could be wrong though

stribo
Monday 23rd June 2014, 21:39
it tends to do it more violently at lower revs and speed, even though it does do it all the time boost or no boost.

just thought it was strange that i unplug the tps and the problem goes away. could be wrong though

Sound like your TPS is giving spurious readings to the ECU, time for a new TPS. ;)

t5 pete
Monday 23rd June 2014, 21:54
Good news bud I have a few spare ones if you want to try them to see if it does cure the problem im sure you said you might be coming over for the chippy meet if so could kill two birds with one stone

no1tosh
Monday 23rd June 2014, 22:14
ya i might be mate, i have to check with the boss lol, failing that would you be willing to sell me one and send it over?

jamesy12345
Monday 23rd June 2014, 22:14
I checked my TPS out by plugging the laptop in with some diagnostic software, it was only reading up to about 50% throttle opening. No fault codes just looked at the live data - press the pedal with the engine off, ignition on you will be able to see if it is reading correctly.

no1tosh
Monday 23rd June 2014, 22:21
no scanner will go in to mine other than for abs. what software where you using? i wouldnt mind getting hold of something that might work and at lest help me a little bit.

jamesy12345
Monday 23rd June 2014, 22:27
no scanner will go in to mine other than for abs. what software where you using? i wouldnt mind getting hold of something that might work and at lest help me a little bit.

OBDWiz or something simple like that

Searching on the net the one below is free, but I've never tried it

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openobd/

t5 pete
Monday 23rd June 2014, 22:35
No problem bud if you don't make it on sunday remind me and ill send you a full throttle body foc

no1tosh
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 22:29
im not sure i will be able to make it on sunday, ive got so many cars to finish this week and not enough hours lol. bit gutted really, nevermind.

what does foc mean?

Jamest5r
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 22:37
im not sure i will be able to make it on sunday, ive got so many cars to finish this week and not enough hours lol. bit gutted really, nevermind.

what does foc mean?

Free Of Charge :) and that's saying something from a man from Yorkshire :)

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 22:38
Free of charge

Beaten to it!

no1tosh
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 22:54
ahhh right cheers, im not down with the text, short hand lingo lol