PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Pedal Sensor and Cruise Control

TerryW
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 18:04
So i replaced a 2nd clutch pedal sensor a couple of weeks back at a cost of £40 to get the cruise control working, which worked for a couple of goes, and used cruise control earlier in the week on a jaunt to Swindon on the M4 and the week before. Cruise control tried today on my way back from the Midlands and it doesn't work GRRRRRRR. Is there another sensor somewhere or is there something fusing out the clutch pedal sensor i replaced under the dashboard.

M-R-P
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 18:10
Brake pedal sensor? (yep, there's one of them too lol)

TerryW
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 18:14
So this effects the cruise control function as well??

Harvey
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 18:33
So this effects the cruise control function as well??

Yes if you touch the brake pedal it will turn off the cruise.

TerryW
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 18:43
I think my Car is having a laugh with me, just when i think everything is gong well it saves something else up for me. is the brake pedal sensor fitted in a similar way to the clutch pedal sensor on the brake pedal and easy enough to get to?

Harvey
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 18:45
To be honest not sure might be worth checking that it's fitted properly and the plugs are on properly.

TerryW
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 18:48
OK will have a look at some point and do some investigative work

silverhorse
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 20:45
I think my Car is having a laugh with me, just when i think everything is gong well it saves something else up for me.
Hahaaaa! I know what you mean. I think it is just P2 Volvo's in general. They like to throw one wobbler after another sometimes. Keep plugging away mate!!

p fandango
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 20:54
start the car with the clutch pedal pressed. Set the cruise control, let the clutch pedal out slowly if the cruise control light goes off & the fault warning comes up then its the clutch switch. The brake servo weeps & the fluid flows straight onto the clutch pedal position switch. I went through a switch in a week or so, so when i replaced it the second time i wrapped it in cut up carrier bag & cable tied the ends, been working ever since