PDA

View Full Version : What value on this V70?

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 17th June 2014, 20:11
Has anyone looked at v70s recently and seen some prices?

How much would you estimate this is worth, it's a 2007 V70 2.4D....usual extras, manual, leather, one owner , huge mileage tho ...about 250000.... Just had lots of work done for mot but has a DPF issue causing reduced power , soot filter regens etc....some days all good, others not so good, no smoke or knocking but can be slow sometimes ......

Any advice is appreciated, need to get a new car for the father in law so need to move this thing....

stribo
Tuesday 17th June 2014, 20:42
£800

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 17th June 2014, 22:01
That bad lol

stribo
Tuesday 17th June 2014, 22:27
I think it is with the high mileage and DPF issues, just my thoughts though.

M-R-P
Tuesday 17th June 2014, 22:55
Fix the dpf problem and i would say 2500, possibly more if its tidy.
If it was a year older it would have a D5 badge on it. Its a crossover - one of the last of the P2 cars and dpf issues aside, probably the best diesel P2 variant made.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 13:43
Hmmm…so I used this today to see just how bad it is …OMG …a nightmare, pretty much zero power , 3rd gear is a real challenge, 4 th – 6th is a complete no go
What I do notice is on revving it there is a massive whoosh of air noise but no hoses off in engine bay ..almost as if it’s coming from around the Cat area ….
Sadly I think this is scrap money now , its been into Volvo 3 times and the bill is about £1400 with no results or real diagnosis …a PITA

M-R-P
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 13:45
Does it woosh when it revs up or when you come off the throttle?

mike 850
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 13:51
i had a cat collapse on my s60 d5, exactly the same symptoms as your describing

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 14:14
Does it woosh when it revs up or when you come off the throttle?

When i rev it ....

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 14:14
@ mike 850

I would love it to be this ...just not sure why a Volvo main dealer wouldnt pick that up tho ?

volvokid
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 14:36
Cuz they aren't all great :) anyway how much was it.

Yosser
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 15:09
Don't scrap it without letting me know please.

I'm tempted by the challenge, and at worst could use some parts.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 15:27
Cuz they aren't all great :) anyway how much was it.

you mean how much was the car ?

mike 850
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 16:38
the amount of things i changed, the only fault codes were low boost then went into limp home mode, went through blanking off all the vac lines to the engine mounts, changed the intercooler (did have holes) right through to changing the turbo, had to change the dp as it was slightly blowing from the flexi and it fixed the whole thing

maybe worth unbolting the dp and take it for a quick spin?

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 16:52
man ...wonder how noisy that would be !!! Worth a try tho

volvokid
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 17:08
you mean how much was the car ?
I didn't actually think it was your I thought it was a car that you were looking to buy and you wanted to know how much it's really worth.

Harvey
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 17:15
man ...wonder how noisy that would be !!! Worth a try tho

I have in the passed !pressured washed a cat on a merc sprinter as it was blocked ,low power & air flow faults.
When I removed it it would hold water at the cat just pressured washed it out the amount of crap that I did get out was unreal refitted it ran spot on after.

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 17:22
I didn't actually think it was your I thought it was a car that you were looking to buy and you wanted to know how much it's really worth.

Nah ....its been in family since new, just seems a shame to bin it after a reletively short life as bills are mounting up but its served well and is well travelled to say the least

volvokid
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 18:08
Yeah it is a shame, I wouldn't class that as an old car, how's the interior is it well worn?

Jimmie
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 23:16
It hasn't been into AC by any chance?
Why not give MRG or someone else a ring and explain the symptoms and see what they think.
Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 15:29
wel defo looks like an issue with DPF ... last chance saloon .....is going to gut it out and see what happens next , if it runs better then i will decide from there , and top marks to Stribo ...£800 was the magical figure offered from the salvage boys

Yosser
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 17:10
I hope you get somewhere with this but, as per my previous post, give me a shout if it comes to disposing for spares/repair.

Also, bear in mind I'm not far away and have Vida/dice here if you need it.

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 24th June 2014, 17:51
Thanks Yosser...yes..noticed your interest so would let you know :)

The Flying Banana
Monday 14th July 2014, 23:32
Update on this.....gave the car to pipe dynamics in Leven, they done their magic, had it remapped to suit the work done and it now pulls like a train, transformed now

Thoroughly recommend them, some of their exhaust work is amazing

Yosser
Tuesday 15th July 2014, 07:41
Result, thanks for updating the thread.

Never heard of them, always good to hear recommendations of places up here.

M-R-P
Tuesday 15th July 2014, 07:59
Happy ending... Nice :)

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 15th July 2014, 08:28
This is the pipe work from them

stribo
Tuesday 15th July 2014, 10:10
Good result, should be worth £805 now. ;)

EpicSplits
Monday 21st July 2014, 12:28
I would give it £800-£900

partsforvolvos.com
Monday 21st July 2014, 13:14
I had one in like this, owned by a chauffer service who only did airport runs. it had done 425k on a 06 plate. it turned out to be a broken head. where the tappet sits it had broken off- god knows how as it drove in to us.
started as a dpf and other faults and ended up with a new head.......

actually, your intercooler isn't split is it ?

The Flying Banana
Monday 21st July 2014, 14:05
no split in intercooler ...car is running faultlessly now, just done a 500 mile round trip over Scotland on all road types, reached some decent speeds with acceleration pulling like a train,

previously as it got worse so did average MPG but back up to around 41mpg avg compared to its lowest of 27 !!

Main dealers were pretty hopeless TBH ... on one occasion they apparently removed DPF, replaced soot filter , rebuilt it and only charged approx. £78 ... this has never been done ever so I will need to take that up with them ...I have the old one as proof

So its a definite happy ending for this car !