PDA

View Full Version : Aditional Auto box oil cooler in the R

Red850Restate
Tuesday 17th June 2014, 19:11
The auto box on the R was placed by the previous owner only 4 years ago and less than 25k ago, however we are intending on towing with her at some point soon, with the auto box I've read that an additional oil cooler is recommended, we also are intending to go to the south of France so with variations in gradients and heat id hate to cook the box, one day she will have a proper box an I will do a Manual conversion but if it's not broke why fix it!!

Does anyone have any experience of having this done and any garage recommendations. We are northants based.

Cheers in advance

sonic-1
Tuesday 17th June 2014, 19:28
its not a difficult job to do , the most expesive bit is decent oil to air cooler !!!! yes you can get cheep ones on ebay but can you be sure they not full of swarf n wont split , buy good quality one

Red850Restate
Tuesday 17th June 2014, 19:31
I would never buy cheap for her anyway, thanks for the info wondering whether to do it myself or not :-)

sonic-1
Tuesday 17th June 2014, 19:38
its not a hard job to do , a little messy as you lose a little trans fluid , good point to change it

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 09:08
there was a Volvo kit rich, not sure if u can still get it though . give me a call later.
defo worth fitting a extra cooler without doubt

Jimmie
Wednesday 18th June 2014, 09:33
I'v had a cooler lying in a bag in the garage for years that I once fitted to a 245 for a holiday then sold the car.