PDA

View Full Version : just ordered my walbro any fitting advice

no1tosh
Sunday 15th June 2014, 22:34
hey well ive finally got around to ordering my walbro 225 fuel pump, to see if it solved my jerking problem and low fuel preasure :)

so ill be fitting it next weekend, ive got the kit one off ebay. so is there any bits of advice for fitting one? like ive heard that the fuel line is on the wrong side so you have to loop the rubber hose round.

i hope this works, i want my remap back in my baby :)

cheers

merc85
Sunday 15th June 2014, 22:47
keep the rubber seal in the neck of the fuel tank to stop it from swelling up, Makes it so much easier to re fit the plastic lock ring

theflyingbrick
Sunday 15th June 2014, 22:49
ive not heard of the fuel line having to be looped round mine was pretty straight forward tbh mate no real dramas,the only thing i did do was extend the bit of fuel pipe that connects the pump to the top of the casing,the walbros are a bit smaller than the original so it doesnt quite sit on the bottom,i just extended it so that i shouldnt get any worrys when cornering hard and the fuel slopping about and cutting out lol

stribo
Sunday 15th June 2014, 23:22
Don't smoke whilst you're doing it.;)

t5 pete
Sunday 15th June 2014, 23:27
Hey bud there pretty straight forward to fit off the top of my head theres something to do with the filter at the bottom but its no biggie just cannot remember what

no1tosh
Monday 16th June 2014, 07:17
ahhh lovely, yep ive read about the filter being a bit to big or something.

cheers guys just never fitted an in tank pump by myself before, just want to make sure i dont make any silly mistakes lol

thanks again :)

TenaciousC
Monday 16th June 2014, 09:36
use heat shrink wrap on any electrical connections.

c

960kg
Monday 16th June 2014, 10:49
hey well ive finally got around to ordering my walbro 225 fuel pump, to see if it solved my jerking problem and low fuel preasure :)

so ill be fitting it next weekend, ive got the kit one off ebay. so is there any bits of advice for fitting one? like ive heard that the fuel line is on the wrong side so you have to loop the rubber hose round.

i hope this works, i want my remap back in my baby :)

cheers

Yes, it is on the wrong side when fitted in and the plastic catches line up.........you don`t loop it you just go on the diagonal to meet the exit spigot on the top........so because a diagonal is longer don`t cut the hose too short to start with.

I cleaned existing the bottom filter off my old pump and fitted otherwise the new larger filter will hit the baffle in the tank and can`t be fitted back in properly very easily.

Martin-t5r
Monday 16th June 2014, 14:08
Don't snap the plastic fuel pipe connectors :doh:

no1tosh
Monday 16th June 2014, 22:12
ahhh i see sounds pritty straight forward :)

oh you mean like i might have done when i changed my fuel filter:shhh:

thanks again guys, if it comes tommorrow i might have ago last night.
its good my comute is on my bike now, no more rushing before the light faides :