PDA

View Full Version : would it be obvious to see?

theflyingbrick
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:24
gonna be stripping my turbo over the weekend as it has quite a bit of play in the shaft,even if it has done less than 500 miles!!! anyways i want to make sure its a full fat 19t and not anything else!! so to save me the agro of searching, i thought i might just post up a cheeky little thread,you know, so you boys can give me the specifications im looking for with the added bonus of any help and tips ;)

p fandango
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:32
the inducer size should be 46mm, exducer size 58mm. Anything smaller than a 19t will have an exducer size of 56mm (18t has an inducer size of 45mm so not much difference that end)

http://www.minimopar.net/perf/images/turbocomp.gif

Harvey
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:34
Are you sure you are getting enough oil pressure / flow to the turbo for it to fail so soon ?.

Jamest5r
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:36
8 mins.....not bad encyclopedia of Duane :)

theflyingbrick
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:37
im pretty sure mate, what im not sure of is the info i was given upon purchase of said turbo lol its supposed to have uprated bearings with a billet compressor wheel and race step gap seals? so gonna strip it down and see whats what

theflyingbrick
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:38

lol whenever i post a thread like this hes one of the few i hope to see it ;)

p fandango
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:38
im pretty sure mate, what im not sure of is the info i was given upon purchase of said turbo lol its supposed to have uprated bearings with a billet compressor wheel and race step gap seals? so gonna strip it down and see whats what
from your description i know who you've bought it off, & that explains it all lol

p fandango
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:39
sorry mate, i had to search for a picture explaining the inducer & exducer which slowed me down. Must do better :(

theflyingbrick
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:46
well im hoping its not a 19t tbh coz if it is im not impressed lol

p fandango
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:50
well im hoping its not a 19t tbh coz if it is im not impressed lol
any excuse, your just a 5h1t driver lol

theflyingbrick
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:52

hahahaha well ive solved the fueling issue,i threw my fse fuel reg in the bin lol and now running a mouth watering 10 psi of boost so it drives err nice??

p fandango
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:53
hahahaha well ive solved the fueling issue,i threw my fse fuel reg in the bin lol and now running a mouth watering 10 psi of boost so it drives err nice??
10psi's no good, get it wound up.

stribo
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:54

So 5hit, he got beaten by a hairdresser. ;)

p fandango
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:55
So 5hit, he got beaten by a hairdresser. ;)
well that says it all

Dangerous Dave
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:55

Get some pics up when you do it, we'll have a look :)

theflyingbrick
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:57
yeah not bad mate a whole 1/10th imagine if i could get moving in the first 1/8th :P ill be going back to north weald when im done just as a comparison lol

theflyingbrick
Friday 13th June 2014, 21:57
Get some pics up when you do it, we'll have a look :)

cheers dave will do ;)

stribo
Friday 13th June 2014, 22:02
yeah not bad mate a whole 1/10th imagine if i could get moving in the first 1/8th :P ill be going back to north weald when im done just as a comparison lol

But I've only got a 16t, at the moment, oh, and a full interior. :P

theflyingbrick
Friday 13th June 2014, 22:13
But I've only got a 16t, at the moment, oh, and a full interior. :P

hahahahaha yeah well its obviously not an advantage is it :(

I mean me not having an interior lol