PDA

View Full Version : widebands...whats the deal

theflyingbrick
Sunday 8th June 2014, 22:42
im looking into a wideband afr gauge but cant get my head round how they work!!why do I have to replace the lamba sensor? whats stopping me just buying an afr gauge and splicing it into the existing lamba??

t5 pete
Sunday 8th June 2014, 22:51
Its not a case of replacing the sender you need to add another one for it to operate correctly

Jamest5r
Sunday 8th June 2014, 23:06
It's a.downpipe off job, get a new boss welded in to take the afr sensor

Volvostorm
Sunday 8th June 2014, 23:15
Not true, the Innovate kit I have has a simulated narrow band output, so you can run just one sensor.

The two sensors produce different output voltages, narrow band is 0-1 volt, wideband is 0-5 volts

t5 pete
Sunday 8th June 2014, 23:19
Not true, the Innovate kit I have has a simulated narrow band output, so you can run just one sensor.

The two sensors produce different output voltages, narrow band is 0-1 volt, wideband is 0-5 volts

And to cut to the chase narrow band is pants so another boss and sender is needed for correct or should I say more stable monitoring of the afr's

Volvostorm
Sunday 8th June 2014, 23:29
All our cars are happy with narrowband.

Even though my wideband kit can do narrowband, I have 2 sensors in the exhaust ;)

The narrowband is doing the job it was suppose to.

t5 pete
Sunday 8th June 2014, 23:54
All our cars are happy with narrowband.

Even though my wideband kit can do narrowband, I have 2 sensors in the exhaust ;)

The narrowband is doing the job it was suppose to.

Very true and is fine while the car is running of the standard ecu but when on the custom map or full throttle for e.g a wideband is a must for correct monitoring/tuning

claymore
Monday 9th June 2014, 07:50

I didn't realize that, I think this explains why we couldn't calibrate your turbo tuner usb

theflyingbrick
Monday 9th June 2014, 10:13
ahh now I see thanks guys, so im gonna need a drill and a welder aswell lol