PDA

View Full Version : Suspension!

Sweep
Sunday 8th June 2014, 20:03
What are you guys running? What do you use your car for and how harsh do you find the ride?

I've just come from a stripped out Puma on AP coilovers, and it was surprisingly liveable on a daily basis! Now for the time being I'm thinking of just going with a set of lowering springs, who can you recommend? Eibach seem to be ££££ hot, but I'd like some real world experience from you!

Ben.

Saaamon
Sunday 8th June 2014, 20:08
KW V2's. Driving abroad. Comfortable on smooth roads.

stribo
Sunday 8th June 2014, 21:11
Pro sport coilovers, harsh ride, but handles well.

Redbrick
Sunday 8th June 2014, 22:20
KW V2's. Driving abroad. Comfortable on smooth roads.

+1

Do it right first time; don't set them too low and get them set up properly.

Sweep
Monday 9th June 2014, 10:33
Cheers chaps.
I don't have the funds to go coilovers yet, that's why I was thinking a simple set of springs and then save for a set of shocks at a later date to compliment the springs?

Tomcat
Monday 9th June 2014, 10:42
Depends what base car you're starting off with, if it's a T5 then see if you can pick up a set of R springs, these are stiffer and around 30mm lower than standard, plus you should be able to pick them up second hand for very cheap. Alternatively there is a set of springs that PartsForVolvo's sell, they're a 40mm drop for a standard car or 10mm on an R and I think they sell for around £150 for the set of 4. I've got these on mine at the minute and they're seem better than the R springs. I did have Eibach's on one of my old cars but that was years ago I'm afraid so I couldnt tell you what the ride was like on them.

Sweep
Monday 9th June 2014, 19:43
Depends what base car you're starting off with, if it's a T5 then see if you can pick up a set of R springs, these are stiffer and around 30mm lower than standard, plus you should be able to pick them up second hand for very cheap. Alternatively there is a set of springs that PartsForVolvo's sell, they're a 40mm drop for a standard car or 10mm on an R and I think they sell for around £150 for the set of 4. I've got these on mine at the minute and they're seem better than the R springs. I did have Eibach's on one of my old cars but that was years ago I'm afraid so I couldnt tell you what the ride was like on them.

Yeah it's just a T5.
Interesting, how do you find the PFV springs? Are you on standard shocks too?

Plodmonkey
Tuesday 10th June 2014, 00:18
BK- Racing BR coilovers and depending on setting of dampers hard as hell and handles mint to better comfort than standard on soft

Best £670 quid I have ever spent

Tomcat
Tuesday 10th June 2014, 09:32
Yeah it's just a T5.
Interesting, how do you find the PFV springs? Are you on standard shocks too?

Rears are bilsteins and they're firm but not harsh, fronts are still standard shocks for the time being.

GregE102
Friday 13th June 2014, 18:51
BK- Racing BR coilovers and depending on setting of dampers hard as hell and handles mint to better comfort than standard on soft

Best £670 quid I have ever spent

How are the rear springs on them have you managed to bend them yet?
I did on mine as have quite a few others.

With suspension I had a long journey with mine, it depends on wether or not you are going to keep the car in the long run?
But I ended with KW 2's and the money I spent going through all the different setups over the years I could of had Ohlins make me a custom set!!!! so bear that in mind!
But for the money KW V2's are the muts nut and wish I had done that in the beginning!