PDA

View Full Version : V70R Crusie control turning itself off.

Harry T4
Friday 6th June 2014, 23:02
Hey folks,

On the motorway today cruising along nicely at about 70ish my cruise control turned it's self off, and with a bit of a bump when it disengaged, it would go back on when I turned it on but after a few seconds it would turn it's self off again. I pulled over turned the car off and on again, was pulling away and the car started chugging a bit, but no Engine management lights came on or anything. And the cruise control would not stay on.

Any ideas? All help greatly appreciated.

deathrider311271
Saturday 7th June 2014, 01:08
Hey folks,

On the motorway today cruising along nicely at about 70ish my cruise control turned it's self off, and with a bit of a bump when it disengaged, it would go back on when I turned it on but after a few seconds it would turn it's self off again. I pulled over turned the car off and on again, was pulling away and the car started chugging a bit, but no Engine management lights came on or anything. And the cruise control would not stay on.

Any ideas? All help greatly appreciated.

more info on what year the car is would help a lot because a 99 onwards car works a lot different to a 98 car

M-R-P
Saturday 7th June 2014, 06:59
Clutch position sensor fault would be the same, regardless of year wouldn't it Simon?

Kingsford G
Saturday 7th June 2014, 07:20
Clutch position sensor fault would be the same, regardless of year wouldn't it Simon?

Very much possible.

Harry T4
Saturday 7th June 2014, 07:58
Sorry it's a 55 plate

M-R-P
Saturday 7th June 2014, 08:02
My money's still on the clutch sensor, a basic code reader would confirm it, no need for Vida.

Harry T4
Saturday 7th June 2014, 08:26
No management lights on as of yet. Will a code reader be able to get the code?

Thanks for all your advice so far guys

M-R-P
Saturday 7th June 2014, 08:52
Yep, clutch sensor won't put a light on but will store a code.

TerryW
Saturday 7th June 2014, 09:48
Probably clutch position sensor, i am picking one up today from Volvo £36.00 and easy to replace yourself. I find i can engage the cruise control so the cruise control light is on the dashboard, but nothing engages from the steering wheel buttons. The sensors tend to fail apparently, but i have replace this already and worked for sometime and then has failed again, it could have been a dodgy part or something else!!, the codes did bring this up as fault with a code reader.

M-R-P
Saturday 7th June 2014, 10:57
Little tip... Wrap the replacement in something like a sandwich bag to stop stuff getting in.

TerryW
Saturday 7th June 2014, 13:58
Clutch pedal sensor fitted and cruise control working, cost of part £36 +plus VAT total £43.00. Volvo in Brighton took a day to deliver. Must stress though this is second one i have fitted within 2 months, and i am just banking that the 1st one i fitted was a dodgy part which i will try and claim back money for, but if this one fails, there is something else causing the failure and is probably for another post in the future!

Dream3r
Sunday 8th June 2014, 08:24
Something leaking on-to it?

Did you actually read the codes? Mine was throwing cruise off for a while and it turned out to be a bad connection in the steering wheel module.

Sharkey R
Sunday 8th June 2014, 18:31
I have the same problem. Started the car this morning, cruise control switched on but wont engage. On the motorway i tried pushing the clutch pedal down slightly and the cruise would engage but as soon as I remove my foot completely from the pedal it disengages. Pretty much says its the CPS!