PDA

View Full Version : Pcm

TerryW
Friday 6th June 2014, 12:04
Just a quick question, as posted earlier think i may be using a little more oil than expected, when the car was hot the other day i did the advised test, pulled the dipstick and white smoke coming out of dipstick/engine would this indicate new/clean PCM/banjo bolt/etc..., and if i got the parts is this something a novice could attempt to change, or is it not to much of a job for a garage to do for me, from looking inside LeeT5's engine bay once you removed the radiator etc seemed a lot of space to be able to replace parts etc...

M-R-P
Friday 6th June 2014, 12:19
I did my PCV without removing the radiator or even the inlet manifold. I just removed the rad fan housing. The banjo bolt should be the first thing you check as it's most likely to be the cause of the problem.

silverhorse
Friday 6th June 2014, 23:22
is this something a novice could attempt to change,

No.
Just had my entire PCV changed. Looked into doing it myself. I could have done it, but the car would have been out of action for a long time. I would say for a novice, it is fraught with danger! Speak to LeeT5. If you get it done, make sure they replace the whole system. It ain't cheap.