PDA

View Full Version : Inter cooler suggestions on d5

Plodmonkey
Monday 2nd June 2014, 20:49
Just wondering will this bigger inter cooler suit my car as I think standard one is leaking as boost is all over when accelerating all hoses are spotless

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/universal-front-mount-intercoolers-fmic-with-57mm-2-25-inlet-outlet.html

p fandango
Monday 2nd June 2014, 20:54
Just wondering will this bigger inter cooler suit my car as I think standard one is leaking as boost is all over when accelerating all hoses are spotless

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/universal-front-mount-intercoolers-fmic-with-57mm-2-25-inlet-outlet.html
that looks tiny, it may be a more efficient intercooler but being 1/3 of the size of the original can't be good

LeeT5
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 13:00

Would it not be better to have the car smoke leak tested and properly diagnosed, rather than just spending a bucket load of money on a hunch!! (Reminds me of someone else on the forum, and it's got them nowhere!) :cuckoo:
After all, if you say the boost hoses are all spotless, then I doubt it's your IC. Probably just a vacuum leak or split vac hose. If it's not your IC then you'll be wasting your money and the car will still drive crap.

Oh yeah £50 for an IC = cheap chinese rubbish!!

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 13:21
if it is a 2001-2002 model without the sensor on lower pipe you can use the do88 intercooler. they are the same.
I sold one and the customer reported it felt much better after fitting. his car runs higher boost so again, the more mods the more benefit.

Plodmonkey
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 19:00
Well I want a aftermarket one but can't seem to find and that will fit the d5 so was looking at the ones for vags and a few of my friends have used these intercooler a on there a4 3ltr tdi's