PDA

View Full Version : Foam

MacXC60T5
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 00:58
What foam are you men or ladies using. What is the best to use. Washed with harvested rainwater from a but with a Karcher. Can't use tap water here in Leamington. We don't even drink it unless filtered.

volvokid
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 07:34
You get proper filters, look on polishbliss 90% of my stuff comes from them.

Harvey
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 20:39
I just got this stuff works ok for me.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r499/harveysr/2014-04/E9B7D092-AED5-4045-8962-91D942DD8062_zpssjgajklr.jpg

volvokid
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 20:47
Oh and for foam I use megs hyper wash

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 20:50
:stupid:

and I use a water purifying column to reduce the TDS to zero - our water is also rock hard.

Rob_ioClean
Tuesday 3rd June 2014, 12:01
I could do a group buy some snow foam if there is interest? :-)

I'm using Aqua Gleam for filtering.

ajc106
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 08:52
would like to know which pressure washers are best for snow foam

M-R-P
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 09:51
would like to know which pressure washers are best for snow foam

The washer itself isn't the thing, so long as it has a nice strong pump, it's the foam lance and chemicals used that does the work. I use a Karcher foam lance and it's not as good as I'd hoped but does the job.

MacXC60T5
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 21:55
OK folks so ordered from Polished bliss a 3.8ltrs of Hyper-Wash to use with my Karcher foam lance together with dispenser and large microfiber towel. So off I go and give the car a spray of nice clean filtered rainwater and treat the wheels. I then give a good cover of snow foam leave for a few minutes spray again with clean rainwater again. My questions are:
I just towel dry and leave.
Should I like some suggest hand wash again.
It looks mint so why wash again.
I foam wash once a week.
What am I not doing and what should I be doing.

I am considering paying for the car to have the paintwork treated professionally.
I have owned many vehicles and the paintwork on this one seem very good.
Any advice welcome.

merc85
Friday 6th June 2014, 21:02
im washing mine with petrol, and then followed by a Match to dry the mfo off lol

volvokid
Friday 6th June 2014, 21:18
Here is a tiny how too, power wash, snow foam, power wash, snow foam each pannel and wash using two bucket method, use the tap or watering can to rinse, spray car and waffle weave towel with quick detailing spray and pat dry.

MIKESC70T5
Friday 6th June 2014, 22:18
Here is a tiny how too, power wash, snow foam, power wash, snow foam each pannel and wash using two bucket method, use the tap or watering can to rinse, spray car and waffle weave towel with quick detailing spray and pat dry.

I snow foam then power wash, surely power wash before snow foaming will mean the foam doesn't get a chance to do its stuff?

volvokid
Friday 6th June 2014, 23:24
Yeah I actually put that round the wrong way, sorry Mike.