PDA

View Full Version : Santa Pod - RWYB - Drag race meeting Sunday 15th June.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 00:19
There is a mod rally on a the same time but RWYB both Saturday & Sunday. http://www.rwyb.co.uk/dates.php

I am going to see if I can beat my PB & more importantly crack the almost impregnable 13.3 set by Dean.

My chances of going to any drag race events this year are rapidly evaporating.

Heck I may even try to get up there this Saturday?

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 00:28
Your not coming to the EVO then dave.....??

siamblue
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 01:21
I fancy it Dave i am going too North Weald but Santa Pod i haven't been too in years as it is a bit chavvy.

There is a mod rally on a the same time but RWYB both Saturday & Sunday. http://www.rwyb.co.uk/dates.php

I am going to see if I can beat my PB & more importantly crack the almost impregnable 13.3 set by Dean.

My chances of going to any drag race events this year are rapidly evaporating.

Heck I may even try to get up there this Saturday?

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 02:06
I wouldnt mind popping along if nothing else to Catch up with Gary and Dave! :)

And for a rare change im off work too!

WOODY T5
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 08:29
Will say yes to this dave ;)

T5frankie
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 08:36
I may pop down :-)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 11:55
You're not coming to the EVO then dave.....??

The thing is this. I have precious few opportunities to beat Dean this year. Come July I will be almost certainly out of action, so whilst I'd love to do both - my desire to find out if I can get anywhere close is burning far greater than doing a jolly run out around some welsh mountains. Personal circumstances are pushing me towards the Pod. I don't really want to detract from your event, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

T5frankie
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 12:05
There'll be lots of rubber on track Dave as just had the top fuel cars and funny cars there this weekend

WOODY T5
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 12:43
The thing is this. I have precious few opportunities to beat Dean this year. Come July I will be almost certainly out of action, so whilst I'd love to do both - my desire to find out if I can get anywhere close is burning far greater than doing a jolly run out around some welsh mountains. Personal circumstances are pushing me towards the Pod. I don't really want to detract from your event, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.well if udont this year will wait for u next year too lol

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 12:52
The thing is this. I have precious few opportunities to beat Dean this year. Come July I will be almost certainly out of action, so whilst I'd love to do both - my desire to find out if I can get anywhere close is burning far greater than doing a jolly run out around some welsh mountains. Personal circumstances are pushing me towards the Pod. I don't really want to detract from your event, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

good luck to you and the SSB in your never ending quest....

smithy
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 13:16
I hope you all have a nice day .when I start racing again I will be looking at beating my pb first and if I get low 13s or even high 12s I will be over the moon,not because dean has got a 13.3 but to know that all the work I've done on the car has made a big difference .all I have to say is enjoy the day.dont get me wrong though deans time is good too.

WOODY T5
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 17:19
Well I hope Santa pod as better grip then York cause if it does would like to see high 12s or 13s dead

T5frankie
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 19:33
Well I hope Santa pod as better grip then York cause if it does would like to see high 12s or 13s dead

much better at pod mate

stribo
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 19:38
My first ever run at Pod in the C70, the clutch slipped all the way up the strip, such was the grip.;)

T5frankie
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 19:46
ive wrecked 2 gearboxes at pod due to the grip and so has jimbob

Jamest5r
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 19:50
ive wrecked 2 gearboxes at pod due to the grip and so has jimbob

Only 1 for me :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 20:45
Sorry to report even though I raised this thread - that all passes have been revoked, including Evo triangle, Trax etc.

There is a part of me that sort of knew the game was up when I missed York.

T5frankie
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 20:54
Sorry to report even though I raised this thread - that all passes have been revoked, including Evo triangle, Trax etc.

There is a part of me that sort of knew the game was up when I missed York.

whats up Dave you joining Ians club?

WOODY T5
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 21:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 22:18
whats up Dave you joining Ians club?

Nah - but I need to reign in my ambitions & spend more time looking after Ellen & Erica for reasons that will become clear quite soon. I can't say very much at the moment, but unfortunately it does mean no more meet-ups. I think it has also been compounded by the seatbelt debacle & the more recent exhaust manifold blow.

smithy
Wednesday 28th May 2014, 22:31
Nah - but I need to reign in my ambitions & spend more time looking after Ellen & Erica for reasons that will become clear quite soon. I can't say very much at the moment, but unfortunately it does mean no more meet-ups. I think it has also been compounded by the seatbelt debacle & the more recent exhaust manifold blow.

The is only 1 thing I can think of that would slow you down on this .

MoleT-5R
Thursday 29th May 2014, 01:18
Understandable WD family must come first, but one thing I had thought of today, to take the lead and Woody's crown can only be done at york or avon as he could also be quicker if he ran at the pod

T5frankie
Thursday 29th May 2014, 04:51
OK mate, I understand ;-) but surely you're allowed one go after the 000's you've spent for this specific reason it's only few hours out. Alternatley I'll drive wjtp car up the strip for you be quicker with me anyway LOL

claymore
Thursday 29th May 2014, 07:33
Problem is, if you don't beat Dean this year, you will have a much harder target next year, I would expect the T10 to be into the 12's straight out of the box.

T5frankie
Thursday 29th May 2014, 08:21
Understandable WD family must come first, but one thing I had thought of today, to take the lead and Woody's crown can only be done at york or avon as he could also be quicker if he ran at the pod

Stupid idea

stribo
Thursday 29th May 2014, 08:49

I don't think it matters what track the time's set at, otherwise we'll have to have a leaderboard per track.

theflyingbrick
Thursday 29th May 2014, 18:01
and a leader board for how many engines you've got (gives us all a chance once colins finished with his ;) )

T5frankie
Thursday 29th May 2014, 18:02
and a leader board for how many engines you've got (gives us all a chance once colins finished with his ;) )

it doesnt matter how many engines he has the force won't allow him to beat 14.7

theflyingbrick
Thursday 29th May 2014, 18:06
it doesnt matter how many engines he has the force won't allow him to beat 14.7

hahahaha

stribo
Thursday 29th May 2014, 18:20

And a leaderboard for cars with slicks, and cars with road tyres. ;)

MoleT-5R
Friday 30th May 2014, 10:11
And a leaderboard for cars with slicks, and cars with road tyres. ;)

it doesn't make much difference, or I do not have enough power to make them work for me properly

stribo
Friday 30th May 2014, 10:41
it doesn't make much difference, or I do not have enough power to make them work for me properly

You say that, but your times improved markedly once you'd got them warmed up at Avon last year.

MoleT-5R
Friday 30th May 2014, 11:23
You say that, but your times improved markedly once you'd got them warmed up at Avon last year.

but the R888 toyos I ran last weekend feel just as grippy though

stribo
Friday 30th May 2014, 11:46
but the R888 toyos I ran last weekend feel just as grippy though

So we need another leaderboard for semi slicks.;)

p fandango
Friday 30th May 2014, 12:52
when BT's finally back on the strip i'm intending to get 2 different times, 1 road legal & the other with slicks & non-legal mods active

swimdunc
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 01:53
Hi anyone going to avon park this weekend weather permitting?
Thought I would give my 2000 V70 T5 a run to see what it can do as my Trans Am is of the road.
The Volvo has had a remap and has a jetex cone filter and jetex cat back exhaust.
What do you think it will run?
Cheers
Dunc

smithy
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 03:01
Thought I would give my 2000 V70 T5 a run to see what it can do as my Trans Am is of the road.
The Volvo has had a remap and has a jetex cone filter and jetex cat back exhaust.
Cheers
Dunc
15.3 average mate

stribo
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 07:00
Cheers
Dunc

Welcome to the forum, no we're at North Weald this Sunday. :D

siamblue
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 17:06
Welcome to the forum, no we're at North Weald this Sunday. :D

The following weekend is Santa Pod.

swimdunc
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 17:09
Thanks
I will post my time up.
Avon park is only five miles from me so I am there quite a bit.
I will look out for any volvo's there and come and say hello if anyone goes.
Cheers
Dunc

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 4th June 2014, 19:13
Avon park is my fav but sadly not gonna get much chance to go.

swimdunc
Wednesday 11th June 2014, 17:27
Hi Guys
Unfortunately only got one run in on Sunday got there for 11.00am signed on then someone laid oil on the top eighth of a mile on the track took them 2hrs to clean up then had to que up for ages and I had to be away by 3.30. Did manage to do 15.84 at 95mph with a load of wheel spin off the line, thought that was not to bad for my first time down the track in the Volvo and I know I can do better with a few more runs.
Cheers
Dunc

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 11th June 2014, 17:42
That's amazing - not particularly because of the result - but it appears you have a time travelling car!

and I know I can do better with a few more runs.

welcome to the slippery slope.