PDA

View Full Version : 850 R auto fluid change again lol

merc85
Tuesday 20th May 2014, 15:34
Did this just over 900 miles ago as is was 20k since it was done before, i noticed that it had turned a dark colour which looked moody.

This time i dropped it out of the bottom of the box, 1st time i got 3 ltrs out, the replaced bung and put 2ltrs back in, ran it through the gear 8 sec's interval twice, then repeated this until the fluid drained was red. Aprox 14ltr's! and this was after KG and me had done it before.

So glad ive done it again, lovely gear changer's and already for my drive on holiday. Happy Days

The above way of doing it makes doing it by yourself without help alot easier than pumping it out via the top pipe to rad.

AndysR
Tuesday 20th May 2014, 22:12
Good work, nothing wrong with a nice regular oil change on the box and when you're doing the first flush for a while you will usually have to flush it again within 1,000 miles as all no matter how much you can flush there's still always some left over in the box ;)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 20th May 2014, 22:40
Sorry mate,you shoul`ve told me u need it quick,would`ve sorted something out for you sooner,just thought would be nice have a bit of banter afterwards.Glad its all good.

merc85
Tuesday 20th May 2014, 22:44
wasnt a problem buddy, just going on hols monday. i struggle getting time to bud :)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 20th May 2014, 22:48
wasnt a problem buddy, just going on hols monday. i struggle getting time to bud :)

I know what its like mate,hope you all have a good time.