PDA

View Full Version : TYRES (Evergreen)

MacXC60T5
Friday 16th May 2014, 20:43
Just picked up, new to me , a S60T6. It has Continental 235x40x18 on the rear and235x40x18 Evergreen new on the front. I have never heard of Evergreen Tyres are they any good. I have tried to find a cost but no luck. Anybody out there got any information. Be a great help, I just like my tyre to match all round due to me being very OCD.

LiamT4
Friday 16th May 2014, 20:46
The main thing, is that the drive wheels match. I've never heard of them, but surely nobody would fit crap tyres to an s60t6?

stephenevans99
Friday 16th May 2014, 20:49
I've seen evergreen tyres advertised at the local tyre fitters....I think they're a budget tyre on par with Nexens & Khumos etc. Not really something I'd want on a T6 imo.

LiamT4
Friday 16th May 2014, 20:52
Could swap them with the contis on the rear then.

MacXC60T5
Friday 16th May 2014, 20:55
I've seen evergreen tyres advertised at the local tyre fitters....I think they're a budget tyre on par with Nexens & Khumos etc. Not really something I'd want on a T6 imo.

Must admit I have a concern about them. You may see the number and type of cars I have driven and all have had matching tyre. Have been a bit out of touch with the Volvo scene so doing a bit of research if I need to fit a new set and sell the others on eBay. I note that Volvo seem to use Continental on the latest cars.

LiamT4
Friday 16th May 2014, 20:58
Must admit I have a concern about them. You may see the number and type of cars I have driven and all have had matching tyre. Have been a bit out of touch with the Volvo scene so doing a bit of research if I need to fit a new set and sell the others on eBay. I note that Volvo seem to use Continental on the latest cars.

If you are concerned then get some matching continentals for the front.

claymore
Friday 16th May 2014, 21:04
Truck/tractor tyre manufacturer from China, basically they are ditchfinders

deathrider311271
Friday 16th May 2014, 21:08
Truck/tractor tyre manufacturer from China, basically they are ditchfinders

really??? i have these on my truck and they are fine, i know dazzab had them on his S60 d5 and he rated them very highly especially in the wet

t5 pete
Friday 16th May 2014, 21:16
When I was shopping for tyres they seemed to be in the lower budget tyre range with a few good and few bad reviews after having mitchelins all the time at 120 a cormer I thought ide try sone thing different and after reading reviews and talking to tyre people they all said the kumho ku39 were the ones to get so bought a set once I get the gul finished il be able to do a review

The Flying Moose
Friday 16th May 2014, 22:33
I know and speak from another experience here but a friend had them on his 940 and although not the most grippy of tyres they lasted some 45k on the rears!

As a wise man once said, the tyres are the only thing between you and the road.

stephenevans99
Friday 16th May 2014, 22:37
I know most of the time it boils down to budget and personal circumstances BUT I can never get my head around anyone who'd fit budget branded tyres to a 300+ bhp car capable of 150mph. Everyday driving the budgets will be fine, but if you like to 'stretch her legs' occasionally - I'd be very wary of any budget brand imo.

MacXC60T5
Friday 16th May 2014, 23:35
On the test drive today we had the opportunity of giving it a blast. It opened up a lot better than my previous Supercharged Jaguar S Type R. SWMBO nearly wet herself. It certainely out performed my previous S80 T6's. The different ride settings of which you all know, Comfort Sport and @rse breaker worked well. So back to the tyres, looks like I may fit a complete new set of Continentals and sell the Evergreens on eBay. It looks like I shall be keeping this one for 3 years so @ 4k per year of pleasure driving 12k after 3 years will be 48k so not a bad buy for someone as I am keeping this one if I put a new set of boots I will know that all is OK. I never like mixing types but thats just me.

The Flying Banana
Saturday 17th May 2014, 12:18
Had them on a few cars and never an issue wet or dry, they do last longer but never really noticed any increase in road noise. As for having them on powerful cars well it's about knowing its limits and having to drive accordingly....where you might head quicker into a bend or brake later then you just have to adjust. Guy in my work has a skyline with evergreens on .... It has very high bhp and I asked him why he used them...his answer was they were cheaper and do the job the pirellis did before them because he never pushes it ever....he has the car as he likes the look....if it had a Prius engine in he would just be as happy...so some people just use what suits their needs