PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Question for The Experts lol

Guilo2k4
Thursday 10th November 2005, 13:01
Hi all,

Been to Powerflow in Newcastle today and enquired about a decat pipe for my 850 T5.

They have told me that they will have to cut my cat out and weld the pipe in, also i have a small hole in the centre section which is just starting to blow.

My question is , next year i will be def getting Rica Re-map so will my motor run better with the Cat or without it.

Also gonna have to get new Stainless by the looks of it ,so any answers are greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kev

elliot
Thursday 10th November 2005, 14:39
I would not use powerflow!There is a company called AAS (advanced automotive soultions) in newcastle.I Drove all the way from kent for them to make me a downpipe and would do it again in a heartbeat.They are a brilliant family company and the work is lovley.Get them to make you a 3inch downpipe with a race cat,car still passes its mot and you dont have to faff around with a decat pipe come mot time.

Guilo2k4
Thursday 10th November 2005, 15:03
Cheers for that elliot.

How much does the downpipe & race cat cost as i didnt really want to spend a fortune on exhaust etc.

Powerflow was only gonna cost me 320.00 from cat back.

M8 is Tester too (as most peoples lol).

Cheers

elliot
Thursday 10th November 2005, 15:20
Give them a call i would imagine about the same but the use a very high grade of stainless,i have the ferrita middle section and the stainless is junk compared to the stuff AAS used and i would imagine powerflow wounl'nt use such a high grade!I was under the impression that next year all mot testing was going to be through a database?Making it very hard to fool,probably wrong though lol

Engineer
Thursday 10th November 2005, 16:11
"I was under the impression that next year all mot testing was going to be through a database?Making it very hard to fool,probably wrong though lol"

No your not wrong.

twotrees
Thursday 10th November 2005, 16:16
Hi all,

Been to Powerflow in Newcastle today and enquired about a decat pipe for my 850 T5.

They have told me that they will have to cut my cat out and weld the pipe in, also i have a small hole in the centre section which is just starting to blow.

My question is , next year i will be def getting Rica Re-map so will my motor run better with the Cat or without it.

Also gonna have to get new Stainless by the looks of it ,so any answers are greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kev

however you get to cut out the cat could make you flanges so you can bolt or un bolt when ever you wish to re fit at any time

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 10th November 2005, 17:14
If AAS are so good why didn't you have a full stainless system made too ?

dicky b t5
Thursday 10th November 2005, 20:46
"I was under the impression that next year all mot testing was going to be through a database?Making it very hard to fool,probably wrong though lol"

No your not wrong.
Me car passed its MOT on Saturday....Think the Database bit is used Now..!
Mot cert now comes printed out , all logged into a computer... :B_steerin

lil_me
Thursday 10th November 2005, 21:33
Had my exhaust done by aas from turbo back with high flow cat, think I paid about £300 for downpipe and high flow cat and £350 for cat back

Wouldnt take my car anywhere else

If you want to have a look at the finished article i'm in Durham PM me we can arrange something as long as its before end of month.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 10th November 2005, 22:11
What diameter pipe? Do they supply the cat etc ? Get some piccys of underneath too lol...

lil_me
Thursday 10th November 2005, 22:35
sizes as requested
downpipe 2 1/2 inch
cat 3 inch
cat back 3 inch
tailpipe 3 1/2 inch

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/lil_me/Photo-0060.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/lil_me/Photo-0059.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/lil_me/Photo-0058.jpg

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 10th November 2005, 22:52
Ta babes!

M44K TS
Friday 11th November 2005, 00:28
I've heard loads of good reports about AAS

And i've heard loads of horror stories about Powerflow, and a bad experience with them aswell!

elliot
Friday 11th November 2005, 11:38
If AAS are so good why didn't you have a full stainless system made too ?
Because i already had the ferrita middle section that was only 3 months old that i had fitted and adapted,so i did'nt have to have the exhaust made up plus they would of not had time during the one day as they made me 2 downpipes.Now that the ferrita has been on there for 2 1/2 years and is starting to rust,i will be booking my car in after christmas for the 3 inch cat back.

**Un necessary final line Elliot**

lil_me
Friday 11th November 2005, 13:20
:rotfl:
Ta babes!
:troutslap Stop calling Pete babes, he posted that not me :remybussi but I am sure he'll appreciate it.

Also the main comment we get is 'That doesn't sound like a Volvo' It does sound very nice. He also changed the downpipe for us as the original Volvo ones have a pretty sharp bend in which restricts flow. AAS know their stuff, as Pete said, wouldn't trust anyone else. He also built the battery box in the boot for us.

Have found with Powerflow that it is very much a postcode lottery, the one in Newcastle I have heard very little other than horror stories yet further south lots of happy customers.

M

stuAWD
Friday 11th November 2005, 18:41
Looks like AAS are goin to be busy little bees. I used powerflow in Stockport and very happy with results, but other local powerflow agents said they couldn't bend 2 1/2" never mind 3".