PDA

View Full Version : lpg conversion for my t5r

papa bear
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 16:41
Just thinking about it at the mo but any info or help ie wots the best system wot to look for would be great,
shes a standard automatically just done 10000 been well looked after thats not going to stop and id like to keep and injoy her for a very long time,
any help or info would be great
MICK

abdul
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 17:03
Make sure a reputable company does the lpg

T5RPete
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 18:21
The only one I know of is Nealevo on here. I'm sure he'll be along to tell all soon. Mine will be LPG'd also so i'll keep an eye on this thread.

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 18:25
I've got the BRC Sequent 56 system on mine, been really good, never had any trouble with it.

http://www.brc.it/public/depl_seq_56_ta01z019-1_en.pdf

Nealevo has the same kit on his car.

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 18:26
The only one I know of is Nealevo on here. I'm sure he'll be along to tell all soon. Mine will be LPG'd also so i'll keep an eye on this thread.

Not quite! ;) lol

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 18:26
Doh Paul beat me to it but anyhow...

The best, tried, tested and reputable system to go for is made by BRC although it comes at a price of around £1600.

Both Nealevo and Pault5estate have the BRC systems installed and Neal speaks very highly of it. £28 of LPG around 200 miles if I remember correctly.

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 18:31
Been a while since I've driven mine, but yes, I did Southampton to Shrewsbury, which is 200 odd miles on £22, this was in 2010

mr nozzle
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 19:15
Not sure where you are but there's a great company in Littlehampton. Arun Autogas, I get my LPG serviced there and they really know their stuff.

Nealevo
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 20:49
Hello, as above i run my 850R on LPG. I researched loads before i took the plunge as i was using my car as a daily driver, i had a BRC system fitted with larger injectors due to the BHP of my car. It cost £1800 fitted, but i was doing 18k-20k miles a year so within 2 years it paid for itself, LPG is 52p with countrywide. Filling up works out at 52litres and on a steady run you can get 270/280 miles, but normally 240 if you have some fun....

power wise you do lose a little, my car ran 315bhp on V power and 300 on gas so its approx a 5% loss...

service annually is approx £80,

use a reputable company and make sure they enter your car on the register, free congestion charge :) and dvla smile.

papa bear
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 21:12
Thanks all, ill have a good look at that link, im in the midlands the one company that iv phoned just to ask is based in Birmingham and they use a BRC system, a mates brother and one of his friend have uesd them for a range rover and Mercedes over 5 years ago with no trouble dont know wot system they use, a bit more digging about and i think that I will be getting her converted. 1 for the cost over time and 2 my bit for the environment:funkybana

Nealevo
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 21:45
I'm in midlands too, i used a company called envirogas now based in ullenhall, just outside Redditch

Volvostorm
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 21:52
Mine was done by the same company.

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 21:54
my 850 awd that is being delivered on Friday is LPG converted don't know what make the gas conversion is, as I've not even seen the car I have bought, trusting someone highly on this purchase, hopefully it is as good as he says or better, we'll see on Friday...!!!!!