PDA

View Full Version : awd

abdul
Sunday 11th May 2014, 20:57
Want the awd on my v70 checked where can I take it in the north west or further if I have to

Dan H
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 19:59
Put it on 4 axel stands/two poster lift and start the car then put it in gear, all 4 wheels should go, Or the fun way, get on some damp grass/gravel and see if it goes sideways. I had mine go sideways the other day coming off a roundabout in the wet so I know mine works.

foammanmark
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 20:06
Certainly worked when I had her Abdul. Do you suspect a fault?

abdul
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 22:08
Certainly worked when I had her Abdul. Do you suspect a fault?

Theres no fault just wanted it checked and anything that needs or should be replaced done

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 22:17
Sorry Abdul, didn't get back to you after the conversation we had at the Chesire meet regarding your AWD, the company that I was thinking of was MRG (at swindon I believe) and I sure a good few peeps hear have used them, I think Volvokid had his AWD sorted there and praised them high it was a couple of years ago so I hope I have the right member, hope this helps. I will be MOTing our phase3 V70R AWD sortly and sending her to Volvo, following a conversation on the same sunday, for a gearbox flush and software updates, to see if the cures the problems, before I convert her to manual

abdul
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 22:47
Sorry Abdul, didn't get back to you after the conversation we had at the Chesire meet regarding your AWD, the company that I was thinking of was MRG (at swindon I believe) and I sure a good few peeps hear have used them, I think Volvokid had his AWD sorted there and praised them high it was a couple of years ago so I hope I have the right member, hope this helps. I will be MOTing our phase3 V70R AWD sortly and sending her to Volvo, following a conversation on the same sunday, for a gearbox flush and software updates, to see if the cures the problems, before I convert her to manual
Goingto contact mrg see what they say