PDA

View Full Version : to sell or not to sell?

weagie
Friday 9th May 2014, 13:59
Thinking about selling my 850r manual but I know im going to regret it. It has been the most entertaining car I've ever had.

stribo
Friday 9th May 2014, 14:11
Thinking about selling my 850r manual but I know im going to regret it. It has been the most entertaining car I've ever had.

Don't sell it then. ;)

V70 Graham
Friday 9th May 2014, 14:57
Don't sell it then. ;)

Wot he said.....you'll regret it :)

merc85
Friday 9th May 2014, 15:00
If you get good money for it id sell it :)

stribo
Friday 9th May 2014, 15:15
If you get good money for it id sell it :)

No, you'd break it. :P

merc85
Friday 9th May 2014, 15:16
No, you'd break it. :P

lmfao ....... your probably right , ive only broken 2, mind you the 3rd was very close

stribo
Friday 9th May 2014, 15:20
lmfao ....... your probably right , ive only broken 2, mind you the 3rd was very close

Yeah, Blacky led a very charmed life, more than once I thought it was for the chop.

weagie
Friday 9th May 2014, 15:36
Cheers, im determined to hold on to it but options are thin right now. Don't even know what to value it at.

Biff
Friday 9th May 2014, 15:50
I don't regret breaking mine as it had far to much involved to bring it back.
I'd have another tomorrow & will do soon. :)
Maybe yours if price & condition are right. Lol

cherrywaves
Friday 9th May 2014, 18:06
Dont sell it - swap it for my piece of crap, auto T5 estate - I'll drive everywhere with a massive smile on my face and you can drive around with the "is it the head gasket or isnt it?" Face on and then when you get out you can pretend not to notice the missing drivers side trim and non-existent passenger mirror glass - I usually hide my head under a blanket.....

Deal?

cherrywaves
Friday 9th May 2014, 18:11
On a serious note though - if you've got loads of room etc then I would keep it.

weagie
Friday 9th May 2014, 18:55
Dont sell it - swap it for my piece of crap, auto T5 estate - I'll drive everywhere with a massive smile on my face and you can drive around with the "is it the head gasket or isnt it?" Face on and then when you get out you can pretend not to notice the missing drivers side trim and non-existent passenger mirror glass - I usually hide my head under a blanket.....

Deal?

As tempted as I am mate I think I'll stick with mine lol, besides I'd normaly say auto's are for those that have given up but Im being tempted by a lovely BMW 540 sport touring but its not got a clutch pedal and its a bit too normal. Swedish meatball or Germanic efficiency?

weagie
Friday 9th May 2014, 18:57
On a serious note though - if you've got loads of room etc then I would keep it.

space really ain't a problem, just wish I had a workshop again I could store the old boy.

cherrywaves
Friday 9th May 2014, 19:18
I'm in a slightly similar position - everyone and thier dog is telling me to ditch the retardis as its burning/leaking oil and I've spent too much on it just getting it running right-ish but......... Clinical, efficient, boring design is no match for scando madness!

Restore it if you can.

artfulflounder
Friday 9th May 2014, 20:15
If you need to ask on a volvo forum if you should sell ur R then you already know that you dont really want to :)

Gonna take something else special to replace it or you'll regret it.

850 T5s
Friday 9th May 2014, 20:21
don't sell it, I sold my 850 last October and regretted it every day since!

weagie
Friday 9th May 2014, 21:53
I actually sold it before, well swapped it for an Impreza wrx. Hated that and managed to swap it back lol.
Just had a round trip to Glasgow and besides the clunky shocks and slightly iffy brakes I upset a merc komp so even if it takes another 258000 miles to make him good again, he stays :) I can't bring myself to have a car that lacks humour.

AcidicDavey
Friday 9th May 2014, 22:32
Yeah if you love a car, don't sell it (and that applies to everyone, whatever the car!).

I sold my immaculate 480 Celeb last July because I thought I loved it too much and had to sell it if I was to try other cars. Seriously regret that move, what a dumbass!

AndysR
Saturday 10th May 2014, 11:31
Yeah, Blacky led a very charmed life, more than once I thought it was for the chop.

I think I might be partially to blame for the car surviving... If Gav was left to his own devices it would have been a cube long ago... Lol

AndysR
Saturday 10th May 2014, 11:32
OP, if you're thinking of selling and you've been having the thoughts for a while then I'd say that now is the time to move on. If it's just a thought keep it a while maybe for summer and see how you feel about the car after that, if your still thinking of selling then sell it ;)

weagie
Saturday 10th May 2014, 17:40
I think it has just been one too many issues recently that have annoyed me with the car but none of them serious enough to give up on it. Just need some time and cash to throw at it and all will be fine because I love driving it lol. It took me long enough to find my perfect machine so now I have and once I find a workshop again I can get down to making it better and probably more silly than it is now, which means I'll break it lol.