PDA

View Full Version : Remapping 2005 v70 r in Scotland

Craigtange
Thursday 8th May 2014, 22:05
Does anyone have any advice or good experiences with any remapping companies north if the border. Thanks

volvokid
Thursday 8th May 2014, 22:10
Craig where is your saffy now? I think I have a photo of it in my phone.... Kalmar union can send you a MTE map, that's your easiest option.

Yosser
Friday 9th May 2014, 05:24
Your best bet would be to speak to Dream3r (John) about this.

He's just over the border in Berwick but he could maybe come to you.

Craigtange
Friday 9th May 2014, 07:14
I have a few things done to the car, elevate air management system, a 200 cell sports cat courtesy if Graeme Welch and an ipd cat back system. So I think I would like to try a rolling road re-map if possible.

Craigtange
Friday 9th May 2014, 07:15
Craig where is your saffy now? I think I have a photo of it in my phone.... Kalmar union can send you a MTE map, that's your easiest option.

Hi mate sold the saffy to a guy in Peterhead. Just have my 2005 R now.

don kalmar union
Friday 9th May 2014, 07:36
As has been previously mentioned I can provide a genuine Swedish written MTE map for your car which you install yourself using MTE's unique Softloader device as an interface between your car's OPBD port and an XP or Window's 7 (32 bit) equipped laptop.

Presently I charge £395 including VAT for MTE's calibrations that will give you outputs of 335bhp with 480nm of torque. You pay a fully returnable deposit of £155 for the loan of the Softloader interface.

If you check here on the site of IPD, MTE's North American distributor you will find some informative videos on their Softloader system: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4669/112072-ipd-soft-loader-engine-managment-flash-tune

Please call me on 01494 785508 if I can cover any other points...... or email me... don@kalmar-union.com

Regards, Don.

graemewelch
Friday 9th May 2014, 10:24
I have a few things done to the car, elevate air management system, a 200 cell sports cat courtesy if Graeme Welch and an ipd cat back system. So I think I would like to try a rolling road re-map if possible.

If i was you id go for a proven map from don. Get the car on a local.dyno if you have one. Install the map then have another dyno run. Theres a lot of micky mouse companies who will make a mess of your car. Dreamer is about 4 hrs away from aberdeen. Still a long drive

stribo
Friday 9th May 2014, 10:41
As has been previously mentioned I can provide a genuine Swedish written MTE map for your car which you install yourself using MTE's unique Softloader device as an interface between your car's OPBD port and an XP or Window's 7 (32 bit) equipped laptop.

Presently I charge £395 including VAT for MTE's calibrations that will give you outputs of 335bhp with 480nm of torque. You pay a fully returnable deposit of £155 for the loan of the Softloader interface.

If you check here on the site of IPD, MTE's North American distributor you will find some informative videos on their Softloader system: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4669/112072-ipd-soft-loader-engine-managment-flash-tune

Please call me on 01494 785508 if I can cover any other points...... or email me... don@kalmar-union.com

Regards, Don.

Is there just the one MTE map for the S60R?

jamesy12345
Friday 9th May 2014, 11:37
Is there just the one MTE map for the S60R?

apart from custom ones obviously, I think there is at least a stage 1 & 2 available and a stage 3 in development

http://www.mte.se/default.asp?mP=1aGr=chLang&nId=15

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?176055-ipd-Stage-III-kit-2004-2007-S60-V70R-updated-thread-6-7-2012

expolicev70t5
Friday 9th May 2014, 12:13
Don already has a stage 3 Map available as I have an email from him back in September last year with details of cost etc at that particular time.

volvokid
Friday 9th May 2014, 16:50

Yeah it was it then, the passenger indicator wasn't sitting right.

Dream3r
Friday 9th May 2014, 17:04
Hi chaps,

I have a Windows 7 or 8 softloader, which there is no charge for, you can use with a DiCE unit and it will let you load stock and tuned maps whenever you want using a laptop, it also works for other cars if you happen to have other vehicles of this extraordinary marque.

Dream3r
Friday 9th May 2014, 20:44
You've left the only bit that I think could be possibly construed as 'promotion', it's worse in that context, imo.

I'm not complaining, just making an observation.

Santa
Friday 9th May 2014, 21:23
You've left the only bit that I think could be possibly construed as 'promotion', it's worse in that context, imo.

I'm not complaining, just making an observation.

As I said, I allowed "Right of reply" (as a friendly courtesy in this instance) and I felt that bit answered something. The rest was merely product comparison and read a pure promotion. (To me at least).

Dream3r
Friday 9th May 2014, 22:01
That Stage 3 is a joke, honestly, it's been coming for at least six years now.

apart from custom ones obviously, I think there is at least a stage 1 & 2 available and a stage 3 in development

http://www.mte.se/default.asp?mP=1aGr=chLang&nId=15

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?176055-ipd-Stage-III-kit-2004-2007-S60-V70R-updated-thread-6-7-2012

jamesy12345
Saturday 10th May 2014, 08:08
That Stage 3 is a joke, honestly, it's been coming for at least six years now.

looks like a looong story :) tbh with the time taken and the probable cost, I would rather and come up with myself piece by piece rather getting a kit of bolt on parts for a few (several) grand. Lots of people will be able to buy the same...seems a bit impersonal and takes the fun out of modding IMO

Very interested in your freeware datalogging, Dream3r

Dream3r
Saturday 10th May 2014, 08:22
looks like a looong story :) tbh with the time taken and the probable cost, I would rather and come up with myself piece by piece rather getting a kit of bolt on parts for a few (several) grand. Lots of people will be able to buy the same...seems a bit impersonal and takes the fun out of modding IMO

Very interested in your freeware datalogging, Dream3r

I've followed it for a few years, it seems that they're trying too hard imo, but I do understand their ethos/logic behind it (Factory fit). They only seem to have one turbo in existence as well, which, hmm, would you want a custom made turbo or infinitely serviceable TD05 one for example?

About the logger - cool, feel free to improve/develop it, sadly no-one seems interested. I was kind of hoping it would stir up some enthusiast type development.

https://bitbucket.org/dream3R/volvo-chipkit/

Jimmie
Saturday 10th May 2014, 11:15

I'v never seen it in Peterhead,must be hidden somewhere .The only one I ever see stays at Mintlaw station.

jamesy12345
Saturday 10th May 2014, 11:37
I've followed it for a few years, it seems that they're trying too hard imo, but I do understand their ethos/logic behind it (Factory fit). They only seem to have one turbo in existence as well, which, hmm, would you want a custom made turbo or infinitely serviceable TD05 one for example?

About the logger - cool, feel free to improve/develop it, sadly no-one seems interested. I was kind of hoping it would stir up some enthusiast type development.

https://bitbucket.org/dream3R/volvo-chipkit/

Good point about the bespoke turbo, never thought of that. Develop the logger....where's my picture of the WTF cat and Rubik's cube...

I remember doing some programming for NC oxyacetylene cutting machines a while ago, way back in the 90's :), and just recently taught myself Basic (QB64) to finish a uni course.....the boffins at Liverpool John Moore Uni wouldn't accept Excel

Thanks for the link, I'll try and get my head around it!!

Craigtange
Sunday 11th May 2014, 11:23
I'v never seen it in Peterhead,must be hidden somewhere .The only one I ever see stays at Mintlaw station.

Yeah about a year back now, I am sure he still has it.

Craigtange
Sunday 11th May 2014, 14:40
Hi chaps,

I have a Windows 7 or 8 softloader, which there is no charge for, you can use with a DiCE unit and it will let you load stock and tuned maps whenever you want using a laptop, it also works for other cars if you happen to have other vehicles of this extraordinary marque.

Is is just a program install or can you tweak it to get the most out of your car, if it's not standard, which mines isn't. Do you have a rolling road facility?

Jimmie
Monday 12th May 2014, 10:53
Have you contacted don yet for more info?
You could also try Wallace in your neck of the woods for info ONLY

Craigtange
Monday 12th May 2014, 13:12
Have you contacted don yet for more info?
You could also try Wallace in your neck of the woods for info ONLY

I like the info ONLY bit. Yeah I asked them but no joy. I had a gtb twin turbo subaru I out in there. That was fun :(

Kiwipatterson1981
Tuesday 13th May 2014, 18:45
have heard good stories about eco tune in glasgow. never used the

volvokid
Tuesday 13th May 2014, 21:27
I like the info ONLY bit. Yeah I asked them but no joy. I had a gtb twin turbo subaru I out in there. That was fun :(

Apparently they messed up my mates evo, I dont like using this type of companies, I like getting what I call genuine maps for your car.