PDA

View Full Version : td04hl 19t turbo

chazz.stockham
Sunday 4th May 2014, 21:08
Hi,

I'm desperately looking for a volvo fitment td04hl 19t turbo for my 940, after buying a chinese turbo off ebay and finding it to be wrong I'm a bit stuck, if anybody has one for sale, or even knows somebody with one for sale, please let me no I'm super interested in buying one used, brand new, whatever, as long as the price is rite and your happy to post it.

Thanks

graemewelch
Sunday 4th May 2014, 21:11
What about a k24 turbo

artfulflounder
Sunday 4th May 2014, 21:31
Hi,

I'm desperately looking for a volvo fitment td04hl 19t turbo for my 940, after buying a chinese turbo off ebay and finding it to be wrong I'm a bit stuck, if anybody has one for sale, or even knows somebody with one for sale, please let me no I'm super interested in buying one used, brand new, whatever, as long as the price is rite and your happy to post it.

Thanks

In what way is ur ebay turbo wrong? Hope that its not it wont fit ur down pipe, only a 13c and 15g have conical flange.

They also need clocking for rwd. (Housings rotating. )

claymore
Sunday 4th May 2014, 22:20
What turbo did you buy?

chazz.stockham
Monday 5th May 2014, 09:45
k24 turbo? some more details would be much appreciated if thats a better/easier way to go.
the problem is the manifold flanges are a complete miss-match, i believe its actually a saab turbo, it is a tdo4hl-19t but saab fitment. I've looked at the possibility of a bit of a frankn-turbo, standard exhaust side so fits to my manifold with 19t core and compressor but the shafts are different sizes, I'm at a bit of a loss.

thanks again for the help

chazz.stockham
Monday 5th May 2014, 10:00
also, are there any advantages/disadvantages between going for a 16t and a 19t the only thing i can think is a 16t will spool quicker but a 19t will give more boost overall, as long as I'm ending up with a turbo that can support around the 300hp mark I'm more than happy

thanks again

richcoad89
Monday 5th May 2014, 13:32
If its a td04hl then get someone to rebuild it using your old turbo and make a hybrid. That's what I did. You will need the super back rebuild kit as the 19t compressor wheels are generally not flat back like the standard ones.
If you're feeling brave have a go at rebuilding it yourself!

chazz.stockham
Monday 5th May 2014, 15:07
i had a look on ebay for 19t kits, found one with a wheel and compressor housing, asked if it would fit and was told it wouldn't, I've got no issues rebuilding myself, I've had both in bits looking to make a good one out of the pair.

thanks for the help and suggestions

artfulflounder
Monday 5th May 2014, 17:23
13c has smaller hot side, wouldnt have thought much point making hybrid with it.

Could you not just get volvo hot side from somewhere like kana whats it called.

chazz.stockham
Monday 5th May 2014, 19:50
by the look of it there really expensive, looking at all the costs and the work that comes with the different solutions, I'm thinking my best bet is to go for a tdo4hl 16t, I've seen one used on ebay for not too badder money, can anyone tell me what down pipe i can buy that will fit the tdo4hl 16t

thanks for the the help and suggestions

wiganer31
Tuesday 6th May 2014, 03:30
i was looking for a 19t when i was starting to collect bits for mine but could not find one so in the end i bought a 16t and bought the 19t upgrade kit, i will be building it up as soon as i get time, for bits try kinugawa on ebay seem pretty decent when i bought mine

cheers

chazz.stockham
Tuesday 6th May 2014, 07:19
yea, I'm thinking 16t is the best bet and if it dosent get me quite where i want to be, buy a 19t conversion kit, as you say, thanks for all the help, dose any body no what downpipe i can buy that will fit the 16t turbo

thanks again

wiganer31
Tuesday 6th May 2014, 19:50
might as well do as you have said, as for the down pipe try graemewelch on here, think i should be going down to him for my exhaust

cheers