PDA

View Full Version : alarm gooin off annd fob not workin, car wont start

no1tosh
Sunday 4th May 2014, 17:05
Hey my fob seems to have died but I lock the car with it last nite, so no the cars imbolized! Ive tryed reprograming the fob and new baterys. How the hell do I sort it?
Oh ive disconected the batery for a few mins aswell,

Cheers

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 17:33
My V70 fob is jiggered cos the little plastic tabs that hold the battery in place have broken off, so I have to either press the battery in place with my fingers or just lock with the key. Have you tried pressing the battery in whilst operating the remote joi?

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 17:35
If you're not sorted by tomorrow, I could pop round with my keys/fobs and see what we can do. We're going down Costco Oldham, so a detour by Bolton is no prob.

no1tosh
Sunday 4th May 2014, 20:36
Not sorted it yet. That would be great mate ill chuck you my number

Cheers

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 20:38
Not sorted it yet. That would be great mate ill chuck you my number

Cheers

I'll be in touch Sir, and it's Gul's keyfob that we need isn't it? Shame that I couldn't come in Gul................

no1tosh
Monday 5th May 2014, 08:56
ya mate its the gul one we need pal

no1tosh
Monday 5th May 2014, 19:15
well nothing has worked to fix it, ive tryed everything, it just wont let me re program my fob because the imbolizer is active ( indicators flashing for 5 mins at a time)

tryed jump wiring the relay which allowed the car to start but alarm still to go off, pulled fuse 6 so now no flashing indicators the car will run but no cental locking :(

tryed the with-in ten seconds try starting the car to disable
turn the door lock 5 times to disable
disconnect the battery
jump wire the relay
pull fuses
cleaned all contacts in the fob including the carbon button things, the tracks and the arial
new batterys.

so it runs and drives now but no working fob, cental locking or alarm system i dont know what else to try

oh and a big thanks to mark (foamman) for nipping round to lend a hand :)

foammanmark
Monday 12th May 2014, 19:20
No worries mate. It was good to meet you and your family. Be in touch soon as Gul is now MOT'd..............