PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do with Gul..................

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:26
I'm in 2 minds about what to do with my Gul. She needs a full respray at upto £2,500, but has done approx. 250k miles, which is a grey area due to a broken clock. I see cars with half the mileage (subject to checking), in decent condition(also subject to checking) at a decent price, so it makes me think should I just buy another Gul and break mine. I need to get her through her MOT, and I'm thinking that if the bill is £300 or more, then I should just break her as I can't see any point in ploughing more money into her.

My wife has gone mental with me for buying Gul but I do love the car, but when you need to spend so much to bring her back to her best, I have to think twice. What do other peeps think please?

WOODY T5
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:33
just sale the bloody thing and move on matey

JamesT5
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:35
I'm in 2 minds about what to do with my Gul. She needs a full respray at upto £2,500, but has done approx. 250k miles, which is a grey area due to a broken clock. I see cars with half the mileage (subject to checking), in decent condition(also subject to checking) at a decent price, so it makes me think should I just buy another Gul and break mine. I need to get her through her MOT, and I'm thinking that if the bill is £300 or more, then I should just break her as I can't see any point in ploughing more money into her.

My wife has gone mental with me for buying Gul but I do love the car, but when you need to spend so much to bring her back to her best, I have to think twice. What do other peeps think please?

I know the predicament you're in all too well. Good luck whatever path you choose to take mate.

The Flying Moose
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:36
Im not sure the purests could ever forgive you for breaking a Gul Mark... ;)

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:42
I know the predicament you're in all too well. Good luck whatever path you choose to take mate.

Difference is the Gul is a desirable car, so would be worth ploughing money into it, yours is just a High mileage estate car.

LiamT4
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:45

Break it just to p*** them off.........its the worst colour anyway.

claymore
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:46
T-5Rs are getting rarer all the time, either sell it and let someone else have a crack at it, or just sit on the car until the time is right to get the work done.

WOODY T5
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:47
Break it just to p*** them off.........its the worst colour anyway.u been drinking again dude

LiamT4
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:50
u been drinking again dude

Thats not the point ;)

850 T5s
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 20:59
whats your gul worth in its current condition though mark ???? it would be a shame to break it

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:05
do you have anywhere to paint the car mate? garage or unit ect.... if so i can do it for you or with you

You're the next point of call if I'm going for the respray. Plan is MOT, and then your bodyshop for a firm quote.

stribo
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:05
I'll give you £500 for it. :)

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:06

Exactly, and it's the last thing that I want to do. If she had 120k on the clock, I wouldn't even have raised this thread.

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:07
I'll give you £500 for it. :)

Might just snap your hand off..............

no1tosh
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:07
well i was gonna say if your hard up on the money front i can do it myself for you instead of through work.

if that helps at all :)

WOODY T5
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:09
Thats not the point ;)Just with u speaking like that u was take u are tho lol

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:10
whats your gul worth in its current condition though mark ???? it would be a shame to break it

Not as much as I paid for her, and I wouldn't like to even guess tbh. She's a manual, but with the miles and bodywork, probably not a lot.

JamesT5
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:13
Difference is the Gul is a desirable car, so would be worth ploughing money into it, yours is just a High mileage estate car.

That's a matter of opinion, the average Joe off the street may well disagree with you.

850 T5s
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:16
would it take much work to put it back on the road ?

stribo
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:18
Might just snap your hand off..............

PM me your paypal addie and I'll send you the money now, and pick it up Monday. :D

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:19
would it take much work to put it back on the road ?

Just the handbrake that I know of for the MOT, but she would be pre-MOT'd by my indy, so I know what I'm letting myself in for before the test. She's been off the road for 5 weeks, but is taxed until Sept. I intend to MOT her end of May, when I have saved some of my work's mileage money.

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:21
PM me your paypal addie and I'll send you the money now, and pick it up Monday. :D

Would have to be tomorrow sorry..................or else I have to pull out. lol

850 T5s
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:24
have you got any pictures of it ?

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:25
T-5Rs are getting rarer all the time, either sell it and let someone else have a crack at it, or just sit on the car until the time is right to get the work done.

You are totally correct Sir, and this is one of two cars that I'm currently 'sat on'. The C70 is also a non-mover, as I need an estate car for almost all that I do personally and work wise, and have 2 of those.

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:27
have you got any pictures of it ?

My sigy pic is the good side, with the offside having a faded rear quarter. Think there's a few in my garage, but she needs 2 front wings and the full respray for sure. Drives very well and I've been to Inverness and back plus several hundred other trouble free miles.

claymore
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:28
Would have to be tomorrow sorry..................or else I have to pull out. lol

No problem, I'll be there in the morning :)

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:29

Not too early please.........

Hybusamini
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:30
Wats up with ya? Ya cnt go wrong with a gul? Well worth spending ya money on u will not regret it there one of the best volvos ever made I will never part with mine mines cuming up to 250 000 and I use mine on a daily basis if my engine blue up tomorrow I wud replace it in a heart beat mate

stribo
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:31

Oi, join the queue, I can be there tomorrow if necessary. :P

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:33
Wats up with ya? Ya cnt go wrong with a gul? Well worth spending ya money on u will not regret it there one of the best volvos ever made I will never part with mine mines cuming up to 250 000 and I use mine on a daily basis if my engine blue up tomorrow I wud replace it in a heart beat mate

Your car has made me think twice about what to do with mine as your's is an awesome car, but if she was my only car, then I would be prepared to spend big on her.

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:34
Oi, join the queue, I can be there tomorrow if necessary. :P

Anyone make it tonight? Just need to go down Burnley to the garage when you get here.

volvokid
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:36
I'm not going to say its your car so do what you want, lol this is a Gul! You can't break it, it's a special car yeah it has high millage but to the rite person they could make it concourse, I think all these guls need to be put rite. I wish I one the lottery I would have that thing shipped off to a car restorer to get it better than it was when new.

LiamT4
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:38
If i win the lottery, i'll buy it and get it sprayed in a decent colour :hilarious

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:39
Right, If there is genuine interest in Gul, then I will start a for sale thread. I will MOT her, but that is it. It will break my heart when she goes(but it also upsets me that she's stuck in a garage), but like Claymore said, maybe someone else can sort her.

no1tosh
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:39
ill swap you for mine ill be there in 20 mins :)

Hybusamini
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:40
[QUOTE=foammanmark;708534]Your car has made me think twice about what to do with mine as your's is an awesome car, but if she was my only car, then I would be prepared to spend big on her.[/QUOTE its not easy im not gonna lie it takes time iv got my mini aswell that takes my money up? If ya can just build it up bit by bit (rome wasnt built in aday) if ya can put it in storage? Untill ur ready

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:41
ill swap you for mine ill be there in 20 mins :)

Sorry, another member has already arrived.............lol.

foammanmark
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:44
[QUOTE=foammanmark;708534]Your car has made me think twice about what to do with mine as your's is an awesome car, but if she was my only car, then I would be prepared to spend big on her.[/QUOTE its not easy im not gonna lie it takes time iv got my mini aswell that takes my money up? If ya can just build it up bit by bit (rome wasnt built in aday) if ya can put it in storage? Untill ur ready

That's basically where I am now. There were other money matters at the end of March, so Gul ran out of MOT and was garaged. I planned on the bodywork for next year, to spread the expenditure, but I don't know if I could bring myself to pay that much. The amount you paid was enough and you got a cracking job.

V70 Graham
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:44
I suppose it all depends on how much you want for her Mark, would be a real shame to break this one.

no1tosh
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:45
dam i must have the slowest car on the forum :(

Hybusamini
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:48
[QUOTE=Hybusamini;708545]

That's basically where I am now. There were other money matters at the end of March, so Gul ran out of MOT and was garaged. I planned on the bodywork for next year, to spread the expenditure, but I don't know if I could bring myself to pay that much. The amount you paid was enough and you got a cracking job.good luck in wat ever u decide to do mate like I said it will make u proud if u decided to do it up?

t5 pete
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:50
You know my thoughts mark ide sell the other two and pump some money into the gul tbh there isn't many of these left at all especially in manual just look at Simons gul that he had that was manual and in really good nick which he sold for just shy of 5k so tbh I doubt you will be able to replace yours with a better one as I don't think there are too many good one's and the people who do have good ones just don't sell them well apart from Simon but I think he's crackers when it comes to car's lol.
ide say for around 4k you could have the respray done a lower mileage engine and in really good nick.

stribo
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 21:55
You know my thoughts mark ide sell the other two and pump some money into the gul tbh there isn't many of these left at all especially in manual just look at Simons gul that he had that was manual and in really good nick which he sold for just shy of 5k so tbh I doubt you will be able to replace yours with a better one as I don't think there are too many good one's and the people who do have good ones just don't sell them well apart from Simon but I think he's crackers when it comes to car's lol.
ide say for around 4k you could have the respray done a lower mileage engine and in really good nick.

Shhh, you mean £500 don't you. ;)

LiamT4
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 22:00

No, thats either me or martins toyota starlet.

T5frankie
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 22:32
As it's got big miles just use it and enjoy it as a daily, get shot of the queers car lol

munster732
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 22:42
If I buy it, Pete can sort it out when he's done his and we can be like twins :ices_rofl

t5 pete
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 22:44
If I buy it, Pete can sort it out when he's done his and we can be like twins :ices_rofl

The very scary thing is I actually know you would do it and want to

munster732
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 22:54
Mark, when I bought the Gul that Pete now has, I was so exited but once we put it on the ramp and saw the extent of the work involved I knew it was too much on both practical skills and cash fronts. I could have broke it and got more in bits, but the big lad asked and a deal was done to save it. If you want it done properly then its gonna cost, but would be worth it in the end as its a rare car. If you cant justify the expense to get it where you want it, then sell it and let someone else have a crack.

t5 pete
Saturday 3rd May 2014, 23:00
Mark, when I bought the Gul that Pete now has, I was so exited but once we put it on the ramp and saw the extent of the work involved I knew it was too much on both practical skills and cash fronts. I could have broke it and got more in bits, but the big lad asked and a deal was done to save it. If you want it done properly then its gonna cost, but would be worth it in the end as its a rare car. If you cant justify the expense to get it where you want it, then sell it and let someone else have a crack.

Oy douche bag it didn't go on the ramp till I bought it I want a refund remember folks try before you buy or at least look at what your buying.
One thing tho mark for god sake don't break it

the-man-that-can
Sunday 4th May 2014, 00:18
You can't break my old car! Lol

The Flying Banana
Sunday 4th May 2014, 01:07
Break it, the less there are the more the survivors could be worth...mines has 250000 on it too!!

850 T5s
Sunday 4th May 2014, 06:46
I would sell my s60 d5 to buy another 850

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 10:11
You can't break my old car! Lol

Absolute last resort to break her. Get her MOT'd, and then take it from there has to be the plan. I would only sell her with a 12 month ticket.

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 10:13
Break it, the less there are the more the survivors could be worth...mines has 250000 on it too!!

But for the age of them, 250k is only around the average mileage. These cars are 20 years old soon, and mine was registered 1/8/95, so is on an N plate.

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 10:18
I suppose it all depends on how much you want for her Mark, would be a real shame to break this one.

Never broken a car Graham, and never really want to tbh. I was the guy rescuing cars from death row a couple of year's ago. My indy and me will give her a thorough check over when she goes in for the MOT, and take it from there.

cherry1809
Sunday 4th May 2014, 10:29
If it's got the self diagnostics under the bonnet and original ecu, you can use that to find out the true mileage :)

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 10:40
If it's got the self diagnostics under the bonnet and original ecu, you can use that to find out the true mileage :)

I didn't know that, but thanks for the tip. As far as I know, it's the original ecu, and she has the self diagnostics under the bonnet. She was stuck on 237,411 for several years looking at the Vosa MOT check thingy, but is now on 160k with the new clocks. All I do know, is she drives very well, uses a bit of oil as to be expected, but has never let me down.

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 10:48
As it's got big miles just use it and enjoy it as a daily, get shot of the queers car lol

Which one- the C70 or the 156, or both? Lol

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 10:50

I would have felt the same as you Wayne after inspecting Pete's(your car at the time) car, but what he has done to it already is amazing, and I think we all look forward to the finished result.

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 10:55

The car that got me thinking is on the bay for 2k, but I don't know how good the car is, and it's been stood and now out of MOT. The engine on mine seems fine, and is rumoured to have had a partial engine rebuild, but I don't have proof of that. I'm not sure about the clutch/gearbox, as when I set off in a spirited manner, I struggle to avoid crunching between 1st and 2nd.

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 11:13

Lol, and you're only coming from Bolton. Seriously, MOT and then take it from there. You are the first person that I will speak to about the re-spray, as we all need a firm fig for the required work.

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 11:46
Pete, this is the car:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE-1995-VOLVO-850-T5R-YELLOW-SALOON-AUTO-LOW-MILEAGE-NO-TAX-OR-MOT-/281322849327?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item418026042f

Anyone know it?

The Flying Moose
Sunday 4th May 2014, 11:54

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE-1995-VOLVO-850-T5R-YELLOW-SALOON-AUTO-LOW-MILEAGE-NO-TAX-OR-MOT-/281322849327?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item418026042f

Anyone know it?

I don't know the car but I can almost guarantee it will be a dog....

Why? Well it's the very same guy who was selling a green t5r estate described as absolutely immaculate and listed with pictures of a completely different car. The car on viewing was in very poor condition and had been involved in a front end smash.

Hell I went with James in his t5r and this so called self confessed enthusiast and collector thought his was a diesel!!!

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 12:02
I don't know the car but I can almost guarantee it will be a dog....

Why? Well it's the very same guy who was selling a green t5r estate described as absolutely immaculate and listed with pictures of a completely different car. The car on viewing was in very poor condition and had been involved in a front end smash.

Hell I went with James in his t5r and this so called self confessed enthusiast and collector thought his was a diesel!!!

Cheers for the warning and I really thought it was too good to be true. It's also an auto, which doesn't suit me................even if I had been interested.

t5 pete
Sunday 4th May 2014, 12:09
Imho mark best thing to do is either get it fixed up etc or let it go to a good home where it will be sorted just dont sell it to the little one it worries me so much that he wants to be like me hes even started taking mirical grow

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 12:12
Imho mark best thing to do is either get it fixed up etc or let it go to a good home where it will be sorted just dont sell it to the little one it worries me so much that he wants to be like me hes even started taking mirical grow

Sorry Pete, we've already done the deal and the car is soon to be Wayne's, but only messing. Miracle Grow pmsl.

The Flying Banana
Sunday 4th May 2014, 15:08
But for the age of them, 250k is only around the average mileage. These cars are 20 years old soon, and mine was registered 1/8/95, so is on an N plate.

Mines must be an early one as most seem to be 95's.....mines was registered in 94

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 15:20
Mines must be an early one as most seem to be 95's.....mines was registered in 94

I wonder what the highest mileage is that an 850 T5/T-5R has run onto...........

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 15:22
u been drinking again dude

I must admit that last night I thought this was aimed at me, but I'd had a few. Then I read it this morning and realized that it was to Liam..............lol.

AndysR
Sunday 4th May 2014, 15:35
Glad I don't think like you Mark otherwise I'd still be driving a standard 850R... Lol
At the end of the day you buy a car because you like it and, or, it fits the needs and requirements of your lifestyle at the time of purchase and foreseeable future thereafter. Then after the foreseeable future you either change the car again for something that is more suitable for your needs or you modify it and make it fit your needs/lifestyle... Or your a car enthusiast and you maintain the car to a higher standard than normal and/or modify it to make, in your eyes, the car better.

I wonder what the highest mileage is that an 850 T5/T-5R has run onto...........

There's some out there I've seen pictures of that have done in excess of 400,000...

cherry1809
Sunday 4th May 2014, 15:41
Hasn't VOC got a leader board? I know my last T5 auto had 260k odd and I only had a bronze award. Lol.

stribo
Sunday 4th May 2014, 15:53
Glad I don't think like you Mark otherwise I'd still be driving a standard 850R... Lol
At the end of the day you buy a car because you like it and, or, it fits the needs and requirements of your lifestyle at the time of purchase and foreseeable future thereafter. Then after the foreseeable future you either change the car again for something that is more suitable for your needs or you modify it and make it fit your needs/lifestyle... Or your a car enthusiast and you maintain the car to a higher standard than normal and/or modify it to make, in your eyes, the car better.

There's some out there I've seen pictures of that have done in excess of 400,000...

You see Mark buys a car because he's drunk and on eBay. ;)

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 15:55

Used to, but no more.................until tonight.

AndysR
Sunday 4th May 2014, 16:01

Used to, but no more.................until tonight.

Lol..

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 16:07

Fair comment Andy. I was after a Gul estate ideally, but wanted a manual as well. So I didn't get my estate, but I got the manual. Like I've said, get her through the MOT, and then see where we are after that. I have no reason to expect a big bill, but hopefully I will know sooner rather than later on that. I like the 850's, and love the Gul colour, so I have my car and won't be hasty on whatever I do with her.

With having 4 cars, I've started a car fund made up mainly of the money I make on my work mileage, which depending on whether I drive the 156 JTD or the Volvos, could be upto £5,000/year. All my cars are old'ish and I have no or little depreciation. What I'm saying is that if I can save the money to have the re-spray done, then it won't be so much of a shock at the time. Prices have ranged from £700 to £2,500, but I aim to get at least one more quote from no1tosh on here.

t5 pete
Sunday 4th May 2014, 16:20
Have you thought about selling the c70 the v70 and the alfa buy one big car which is good on juice as u said the alfa cannot carry as much as the v70 then just keep the gul as a toy that way alot less insurance and tax every year less maintenance happier wife and richer mark

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 16:31
Have you thought about selling the c70 the v70 and the alfa buy one big car which is good on juice as u said the alfa cannot carry as much as the v70 then just keep the gul as a toy that way alot less insurance and tax every year less maintenance happier wife and richer mark

I have Pete, and even been offered a company car, but declined it due to my fleet. If the Alfa keeps working, then I'm laughing all they way to the Shell garage, but not as often as with the Volvos. The Volvos are all toys now, with only a few work things to be done in the V70 when the Alfa isn't big enough, and the V70 is my dog carrier. Insurance isn't bad at all when you go from 2 to 3 to 4 cars from what I've found out with the multi-car deals, and the tax isn't bad on these either. There's been that much sorted on the C70 and V70, that hopefully it's just general maintenance for a while with those cars.

the-man-that-can
Sunday 4th May 2014, 17:18
22/05/1995 is the reg date for my gul estate manual!

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 17:27
22/05/1995 is the reg date for my gul estate manual!

What's the mileage joi?

the-man-that-can
Sunday 4th May 2014, 17:44
155k mate

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 17:45
155k mate

Not even run in. Mine has done 160k, on the new clock.....................

the-man-that-can
Sunday 4th May 2014, 17:50
LOL the car drives like new mate and feels tight as a nun! the old boy who i got it from barely drove the car, when he did seldom took the car over 40ish LOL literally was like driving miss daisy as he was 70 and his wife was 73 bless them :)

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 17:53
LOL the car drives like new mate and feels tight as a nun! the old boy who i got it from barely drove the car, when he did seldom took the car over 40ish LOL literally was like driving miss daisy as he was 70 and his wife was 73 bless them :)

Some peeps on here drive like miss daisy but they're not quite 70. My Gul drives very tight and I would set off anywhere in her(after she's mot'd).

the-man-that-can
Sunday 4th May 2014, 18:02
When i had your gul it drove lovely :) that's why after selling and having a few impreza's of which one i blew the bottom end out of lol i really missed the volvo i just could not fault the car and just had to have another :) (wasn't planning on owning an estate version tho) i guess il keep it for a while now as its a straight and faultless car! and maybe at some point sell her and go back to a saloon who knows my mind changes with the weather :D

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 20:42
Trying to stay off the radar with the costs cos of Mrs C, I've asked Readview Volvo to pre-MOT Gul asap. Let you know how she goes on, if I'm still alive if the Mrs finds out........................brave up Mark FFS.

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 21:49
The message sent to Readview. He also rescues cats, and I've taken one off him..............

Hi Adam,

Hope that you're well and business is good for you.

I've decided to leave the R until July for the service, as it's not due anyway. The missing issue seems to be down to the Rica map after trying a standard ecu and another mapped ecu, so I know what the problem is now.

My concern is Gul, as she's out of MOT. Can I ask if she can be pre-MOT'd please, but you keep me informed of the cost/issues as you go. I know the handbrake needs sorting and I don't know what else, but as I've said, Mrs Cox has rumbled me for my spend on cars and I have to be careful. When can you fit her in please?

BTW, the cat which I've called Sid, is an absolute delight. He is so friendly and placid that somebody must have spent time with him. He gets on well with the small kitten I found down at Tesco's in Burnley, which is very heart warming for me.................

AcidicDavey
Sunday 4th May 2014, 22:21
Well in that case I hope all is well with the car and will fly through the MOT when the time comes.

As has been said, you can't break it. These are too valuable as you've proved with that one you linked on eBay.

If, at the end of the day, you decide you don't want it anymore then stick a nice ad with good pics on ebay with no reserve and just let it sell. But again, these deserve to have money spent on them. :D. It's not always possible to plough the money in I know so you could just park it for the future so when the money's available you still have the car.

Who really cares if it's done 250k+ if it drives spot on? That's what really matters :)

foammanmark
Sunday 4th May 2014, 22:26
Well in that case I hope all is well with the car and will fly through the MOT when the time comes.

As has been said, you can't break it. These are too valuable as you've proved with that one you linked on eBay.

If, at the end of the day, you decide you don't want it anymore then stick a nice ad with good pics on ebay with no reserve and just let it sell. But again, these deserve to have money spent on them. :D. It's not always possible to plough the money in I know so you could just park it for the future so when the money's available you still have the car.

Who really cares if it's done 250k+ if it drives spot on? That's what really matters :)

Exactly, the number on the clock is just a number. The car drives spot on, and is my favourite out of the 3 Volvos to drive. 800 miles in 3 days proved that, and besides a slow puncture, no other issues........

klunk
Monday 5th May 2014, 07:21

Anyone know it?

I'm sure this one was on Ebay a while back, Apparently previously owned by a member of Deep Purple? listed as a BIN for £4250? I could be wrong but it was listed for ages. The way i see it is that you originally wanted an 855 Gul estate, But settled for this, Well i reackon you should keep the Gul, Flog the V70 and Alfa and get an 855 TDI! That way youve got a saloon Gul and an 855 estate! Will be great for your work and shipping the dogs around etc? Ive just got one and love the old barge plus easy and cheap to get a bit more power and torque out of it and still get 50MPG, Going to put my 855 T5 on a classic policy and mod it further as i have no worrys about the fuel consumption any more.

jamesy12345
Monday 5th May 2014, 07:26
I'm sure this one was on Ebay a while back, Apparently previously owned by a member of Deep Purple? listed as a BIN for £4250? I could be wrong but it was listed for ages. The way i see it is that you originally wanted an 855 Gul estate, But settled for this, Well i reackon you should keep the Gul, Flog the V70 and Alfa and get an 855 TDI! That way youve got a saloon Gul and an 855 estate! Will be great for your work and shipping the dogs around etc? Ive just got one and love the old barge plus easy and cheap to get a bit more power and torque out of it and still get 50MPG, Going to put my 855 T5 on a classic policy and mod it further as i have no worrys about the fuel consumption any more.

Here's the old advert...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-VOLVO-850-T5R-YELLOW-MANUAL-TAX-MOT-FIRST-OWNED-BY-IAN-GILLAN-DEEP-PURPLE-/281221694983?#ht_583wt_1244

edit

it might even be true

http://muzyka.onet.pl/rock/ian-gillan-starosc-bez-zenady/rhxt3

"I bought a used Volvo fantastic for racing in yellow"

klunk
Monday 5th May 2014, 07:48
That ones manual! Up to his old tricks of using a different car photo?

the-man-that-can
Monday 5th May 2014, 07:54
I was gonna buy that gul saloon manual off flebay! And so made a sensible cash offer! But the seller seem to be very dogey to me so stayed well clear! (I did post up the old message the seller sent to me via eBay it's on here somewhere) Apparently he has a number of guls he has collected and stored both saloon and estate! All good things come to those who wait and I'm glad I held out now as bought a straight genuine car from an honest old boy instead :)

the-man-that-can
Monday 5th May 2014, 08:00
Hi can let the car go for 3450 without replacing the clutch and cambelt.car is still in storage will put 12 months mot and 6 months tax.i currently own 6 gull yellow t5r's,3 estates and 3 saloons.i have been storing 3 of them as long as 8 years.

That's the response I got when I offered him 3k cash! For the car!

stephenevans99
Monday 5th May 2014, 08:20
This is the same seller that was selling a T5R a short while back which turned out to be a bag of bolts....doesn't mean the Gul is a bad car - just that the seller maybe a little untrustworthy.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?54579-Buyers-Beware-850-T5-R&highlight=Buyers+Beware+850+T5R

dazbooker
Monday 5th May 2014, 23:18
im after a gul bonnet and lower headlight trims
are you breaking the car

klunk
Tuesday 6th May 2014, 10:17
Dont think this one will be getting broken mate.

abdul
Tuesday 6th May 2014, 10:35
Dont think this one will be getting broken mate.

Most definitely wont be broken

stephenevans99
Tuesday 6th May 2014, 10:49
Guls are growing on me... If you've got the room to keep it, then keep her as the on-going project. Doesn't matter if it takes 2-3 years to get back to it's former glory - it'll be worth it in the end.

Immingham got a corker....with a little TLC he's transformed it into an absolutely stunning car.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Vale%20Royal/10269533_10152449628568593_5424907596671513932_n.j pg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stephenevans99/media/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/Vale%20Royal/10269533_10152449628568593_5424907596671513932_n.j pg.html)

klunk
Tuesday 6th May 2014, 12:16
Ace.

foammanmark
Sunday 11th May 2014, 18:13
Gul was pre-MOT'd on Friday, and just had rear brake/handbrake issues as known really. New discs/pads, handbrake cables/shoes and she sailed through with no advisories. Also got an engine undertray sorted with the bumper centre grille.

Taxed until end of September, so now to use her a bit.

foammanmark
Saturday 17th May 2014, 17:08
Sunny day and a Gul, made for each other. Washed her this morning and been out playing at taxis for my lad. Driving very well, except for a speed related squeaking noise. Just been over Pendle Hill which is a great road for those who know it, but you just have to be careful of the witches up there..................

V70 Graham
Saturday 17th May 2014, 17:12
Not selling her this week then lol

foammanmark
Saturday 17th May 2014, 17:14
Not selling her this week then lol

Why, you interested? lol.

Anyway, the Northerners giving the Southerners a good thrashing at Wembley..............

V70 Graham
Saturday 17th May 2014, 17:17
Why, you interested? lol.

Anyway, the Northerners giving the Southerners a good thrashing at Wembley..............

Nope.....and not such a thrashing now eh lol.

foammanmark
Saturday 17th May 2014, 17:19
Nope.....and not such a thrashing now eh lol.

Ok, and a cracking free kick.

foammanmark
Saturday 31st May 2014, 20:16
Just to say that after raising this thread, that my mind is made up. I'm keeping Gul and intend on having the respray done next year. I've had several enquiries for her, but it would break my heart to watch her drive away.