PDA

View Full Version : n/a cam timing......the pulleys marks seem way off!!

theflyingbrick
Monday 28th April 2014, 23:27
ok so I got busy with the spanners today and swapped my cams out for some n/a items,now ive done some digging and can not find any info on what I need so im asking you lovely lot ;) the n/a cams came with pulleys attached so I basically put them in and lined the timing marks the same as the t5 cams,now im ready for some adjustments,i put the ipd timing disc on the exhaust cam and was happy that the notch on the pulley was only a couple of degrees off the 0 degree mark on the timing disk........looking good..........but on the intake pulley the timing notch/mark is miles off the centre line of the timing disk,approx 2inchs away!!! is there something wrong?? or do I fit the ipd disk to the cam pulley, mark the pulley where 0 degrees is,and take that as my new timing notch/line?

I realise n/a cams in a t5 is a mine field but im stuck and need some sound advice :)

merc85
Monday 28th April 2014, 23:31
wish i could help doh........

Volvostorm
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 00:04
Have you timed the cams up at the rear, using the slots?

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 00:10
Have you timed the cams up at the rear, using the slots?

nope!! now im thinking I should do that,then the marks on the pulleys are irrelevant?? as I can then mark them where I want and use the new marks as reference to adjust the timing??

Volvostorm
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 00:33
You set the cams up by the slots, then adjust the marks on the pullys by the 3 bolts

Once you have the baseline settings (slots) you can use your IPD disc to set what ever degree of timing you want.

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 10:14
You set the cams up by the slots, then adjust the marks on the pullys by the 3 bolts

Once you have the baseline settings (slots) you can use your IPD disc to set what ever degree of timing you want.

brilliant thanks mate :D

T5frankie
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 10:34
What model do these cams come from exactly?

jamesy12345
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 10:42

Engine code B5254FS mine were from

oblark
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 11:42

what he said :)

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 15:45

not sure mate mine are from a 20v 2.5 non turbo!!

T5frankie
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 15:51
not sure mate mine are from a 20v 2.5 non turbo!!

so any non turbo or just 2.5's

merc85
Tuesday 29th April 2014, 16:05
so any non turbo or just 2.5's

Just 2.5 20v i think