PDA

View Full Version : standard t5r alarm

the-man-that-can
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 16:29
Hi folks was wondering should the car BEEP or make a tone when armed/locked? looked under the bonnet and can see the siren for the alarm and it looks clean and tidy but all my car does when locked from my key fob is flash its indicators and then lock itself twice with the deadlocks!

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 17:06
no beep ..just locks and flashes

the-man-that-can
Thursday 24th April 2014, 04:44
Ah ok thanks for that :)

martybelfastt5
Thursday 24th April 2014, 11:27
was wondering if i could get lights working with the locking......freind had a t5r and it had later style fob seemed to work fine with his car as he commented on my older style fob going to change the alarm relay and program later style fob to mine see if it makes any difference as i have both parts at home just havent got round to it yet

foammanmark
Thursday 24th April 2014, 20:44
Gul just locks and flashes, but the Alfas give an audible signal as well to confirm the car has been locked/unlocked.

I only know cos of having a flat battery with Gul a few times, but when the alarm on her goes off, it's that annoying horn noise rather than the siren noise on the C70/V70.

AndysR
Thursday 24th April 2014, 22:11
You can alter it with vida to make an audible tone to notify you that the car is locked but from the factory they are silent, 1 flash when locking then a flash a few seconds later to confirm deadlocks engaged ;)

martybelfastt5
Thursday 24th April 2014, 22:17
my car dosent flash think i read that all the old style fobs do this

AndysR
Thursday 24th April 2014, 22:25
Has yours got Volvo Guard 1 then? (Larger black case fob with two small buttons at the top next to each other)

martybelfastt5
Thursday 24th April 2014, 23:45
thats the one andy