PDA

View Full Version : breaking my beloved s60t should i removethe rica remapped ecu or is it possible even

streech 2
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 12:27
hi guys havent been on in a while my cars finally gave in and is going to the breakers yard...for three years i have been the proud owner of this

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?37662-s60-2-0t-rica&highlight=cragmaz

the breakers are coming to pick it up tomorrow i got a company car and the suspension needs too much for the mot..is it worth my while taking anything off and selling it privately ie said ecu with rica remap is it possible to just unplug the ecu like it was in old vauxhalls etc...im only getting 160 off the scrappy so if i could sell a few easy to remove spares it would make me feel slightly better..

graemewelch
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 12:32
you probobly would of been best selling it for spares or repairs. you would of got more for it. ecu is no good. they arnt plug and play.

streech 2
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 13:07
hin graeme thanks for the quick reply...i work away from home and the cars 150 miles from my tools and where its parked isnt ideal for breaking the neighbours would crack up lol im resigned to taking the easy option and letting the scrappy take it off my hands thanks anyway

M-R-P
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 13:27
There are companies that can clone the map to another ECU for about 100 - 150 quid so worth keeping, even if you only get £50 for it.

stribo
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 14:21
There are companies that can clone the map to another ECU for about 100 - 150 quid so worth keeping, even if you only get £50 for it.

But how many 2.0t owners are going to bother?

M-R-P
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 14:29
But how many 2.0t owners are going to bother?

Very true.

graemewelch
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 16:53
even worse its a rica map. think youd have to some one to have a rica map.

claymore
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 17:13
Nothing wrong with a Rica map.

graemewelch
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 17:19
Nothing wrong with a Rica map.

there might not be on the p1 stuff but ive had stg1 and 2 on mine and i can tell you that both are terrible. hlm/autotech stuff blows rica away

ill have graphs somewear but ill keep it for another topic some other time. but rica map 1.2 bar made 312 bhp hlm map 1.2 bar made 356bhp. same mods and only 2k inbetween rolling roads.

Santa
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 17:40
You may need to check the terms and conditions of the Rica map but I don't think they would be happy with the ecu being cloned for another car........thats if it would even work.