PDA

View Full Version : just a question?

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 17:55
hello,
not sent any mesages lately ,so i thought i would say hello to everyone.
also a quick question

the tracs light for the traction control,when the orange light is on,is the traction control on or off,i am getting confused!

can you help?

HENRY

Ivan
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 19:56
I think it should be ON, when the light is on - and on my 850 the switch is no longer flush. ( \ rather than | , if you see what I mean!)

Doesn't tracs only work up to something like 10mph? Supposedly handy for low-speed like snow. But then in the snow my T5 just doesn't stop. Bit like an Elephant in freefall with only a cocktail umbrella for a parachute.

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 20:11
i think its upto 30mph it works mate

Goof
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 20:46
Is that right? - TRACS is on when the switch and light are on? d'oh. I thought it was off if they were off!
I've been cursing the TRACS for never working! ABS works fine, so I thought I'd just got TRACS probs!
Unless I'm wrong again!?

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 20:53
TRACS is on when the switch and light are on? d'oh. I thought it was off if they were off!
is it me or is that the same anyway? :help:

Goof
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:01
Other cars I've had the switch & light on meant TRACS was OFF. (or was I wrong with those too???!!!).
I.E. - I thought that the switch turned TRACS off - hence the "warning" light? I'm not sure how the 850 is configured! Help! I'm losing it!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:05
The lights on the dash are warning lights. So when the TRACS warning light is on - the system is NOT working

In the same way that when you fuel light is lit - it doesn't mean there is another 500 miles in the tank! LOL :slap:

Justin
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:06
Daves right ya nutters :eek:

When the lights are on the dash tracs is OFF !

Goof
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:10
Daves right ya nutters :eek:

When the lights are on the dash tracs is OFF !

Thanks! - mine's busted then! :mad:

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:10
i haven't got TRACS anyway so there :tongue:

Justin
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:11
Lol, change that avatar mate rotflmao....we need to find ya a new girl for 2005, ill start looking. ;)

Goof
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:13
Feel free Justin - i suppose jiggling boobies is out of the question? ;)
Surprise me!

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:16
Feel free Justin - i suppose jiggling boobies is out of the question? ;)
wouldn't be the one taking her white top off would it. Not that i look for that sort of stuff on the internet, i've seen it used as an Avator on other forums (honest :shifty: )

Justin
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:16
Now she is preddi ROTFFLMFAO :shifty:

WHAT A BABE ;)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:31
I always knew that lad was peculiar :stupid:

BTW Goof I can repair the ABS/TRACS ecu if you wish? Mind you if it is only the tracs that has failed it is more likely to be a sensor at fault

Goof
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:43
Cheers Dave - I'll be in touch when the weather warms up!

Goof
Tuesday 1st February 2005, 21:44
Now she is preddi ROTFFLMFAO :shifty:

WHAT A BABE ;)
Ta Justin - she's just my type!
You haven't got her mobile number have you???

Ivan
Wednesday 2nd February 2005, 19:35
The lights on the dash are warning lights. So when the TRACS warning light is on - the system is NOT working

In the same way that when you fuel light is lit - it doesn't mean there is another 500 miles in the tank! LOL :slap:

Uh? Are we talking about the LED above the switch? or a dash warning light?
If the LED is ON, then surely TRACS is ON?? Just like when the blue LED is ON,
the air-conditioning is ON. If this ain't the case, then put me in the confused bin :)