PDA

View Full Version : Replacement D5 engine going in. What to replace???

Liddo
Monday 21st April 2014, 12:14
Hi Chaps

Hopefully I've got a replacement D5 engine going into my V70 soon. What do I ask the mechanic to replace whilst it's out??

I'm obviously sticking a cambelt kit and clutch kit on it and it's getting a service, but is there anything else I might need to replace??

PCVs are ok on these arnt they?? It's a 2002 model with 130k motorway miles. The engine going in has 107k on it.

Cheers

Paul

M-R-P
Monday 21st April 2014, 12:22
If you can get a set of refurbished injectors for it, it'll be a good idea. The early d5 injectors are known as a weak point on those engines.

(no, I don't do diesel injectors)

Liddo
Monday 21st April 2014, 12:35
I think, I'm sure, the ones in the duff engine where spot on, but I'll look around and see what's out there, cheers ;)

The Flying Moose
Monday 21st April 2014, 12:52
Definitely inspect your clutch you intend to put back in for wear if its ok but not great definitely worthwhile changing to save the big job and labour bills to do one later, also while access is good inspect the engine mounts

Harvey
Monday 21st April 2014, 12:57
Crankshaft to block seal at theflywheel end & the rubber coated core plug just above,well worth a look at.

Liddo
Monday 21st April 2014, 14:46
Cheers chaps, all noted down for the mechanic

;)

Redbrick
Monday 21st April 2014, 17:44
Check DMF is still within tolerance. Volvo will be able to tell you, or it's on VIDA.