PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know what the parts called....

Sp00ky
Tuesday 8th November 2005, 19:32
that sits next to the accelerator assembly under the bonet? Its got lots of pipes going in to it, and if it pops off ( like mine did doing 60 down the M606) you got a lovely dump valve kinda noise and then all panic sets in cause you aint got no brakes, accelerator and your car dies !!

the screw that held mine in sheared off somehow and was held back on temporarly with a lovely looking array of tie wraps. But after some lead foot antics last night, there is a little nipple that has come off from the back of it and now it makes a hissing sound and the engine revs are up and down when its idleing... need to know the name of the part so i can order a new one.

cheers

Sp00ks

spesh
Tuesday 8th November 2005, 19:38
Sounds like the vacum tree!

Sp00ky
Tuesday 8th November 2005, 19:43
Sounds like the vacum tree!

could be. is that the proper name for it mate? just need to know for when i call harratts tomorrow to order one.

spesh
Tuesday 8th November 2005, 19:44
could be. is that the proper name for it mate? just need to know for when i call harratts tomorrow to order one.

Most prob not, lol
but they should know what is by that.

Sp00ky
Tuesday 8th November 2005, 20:25
Most prob not, lol
but they should know what is by that.

cheers dude....ur a star :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 9th November 2005, 00:18
are you sure it is not just the housing for the boost control solenoid? - Where does this screw go? into the bottom of the airbox perhaps?

Picture would be nice?

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 9th November 2005, 00:49
I'll be back in a minute with some pictures and part numbers...

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 9th November 2005, 00:58
Is it this....?
http://the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/DSCF3261.JPG

If it is the part number is 6842446 £1.85+vat

siamblue
Wednesday 9th November 2005, 09:36
Is it this....?
Part - Nipple (http://the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/DSCF3261.JPG)

Over £2 just for the nipple? How much is the whole tree?
Do what i did get a screw and some silicone sealant will sort it out.

Sp00ky
Wednesday 9th November 2005, 09:41
Is it this....?
Part - Nipple (http://the-judges.co.uk/judge/ninja/images/DSCF3261.JPG)

thats the cookie dude. However, it had blown both the back 2 off the actual tree which i have now superglued back on. The bolt/screw that has sheered off is the one that holds that down on the housing. A drill and tap is required me thinks LOL.

Is that part number for the whole thing then? seems quite cheap does that for something like that.

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 10th November 2005, 12:15
Check out the picture again..
I too snapped one off when fitting my turbo timer last year. I sealled it up with silicon but bought one ready for when I was playing next in the garage.
I only opened the packet to take the picture so the part number should be right...and checked my reciepts £1.85 = vat

Other part you may want to consider :
1389574 - connector (rubber pipe for the hose to plug in to. so that you can then attech it to the tree...
1346125 - Plug (blanking plugs for unsed pipes)

There's also a sealing washer and a new screw but I haven't got the numbers cos I was given them...

if you still can't see the photo go to the bruntingthorpe video link and then click on pictures. You should find the photo there....