PDA

View Full Version : PAH! Found what was wrong with the LPG install :(

Owengsi
Monday 14th April 2014, 19:53
The ££££ing LPG ecu has been removed - the company that makes the system have 7 different ecu's listed for that system- which means I can randomly order one from Italy and *hope* it's the right one (seven times) and pay £300 each time, get refunds and pay a truck load on postage too OR pay £750 for a total front end rebuild of the LPG including ECU to get it working.

Annoyed doesn't even come close.

stribo
Monday 14th April 2014, 20:05
It might be worth contacting Porcine Aviator to see if he has the ECU, or knows what happened to it.

Owengsi
Monday 14th April 2014, 20:24
Was P.A the previous owner (Jeans hubby) or just someone who knows/worked on the car?

M-R-P
Monday 14th April 2014, 20:49
I think a close relative.took it off them and sold it I don't think they knew what was done but it's worth a try. Maybe they can tell you who removed it.

Owengsi
Monday 14th April 2014, 21:08
Ok, excuse the confusion..

P.A is...? A previous owner?

Jean (the woman I bought the car off) the close relative who bought the car off P.A?

M-R-P
Monday 14th April 2014, 22:00
Perhaps I was mistaken... Jean was the previous owner (Mrs. P. A.) and her other half, Chris (porcine aviator).

Owengsi
Monday 14th April 2014, 22:14
Perhaps I was mistaken... Jean was the previous owner (Mrs. P. A.) and her other half, Chris (porcine aviator).

makes sense now :)

Owengsi
Tuesday 15th April 2014, 06:52
Well Jean and Chris don't know where it is :(

M-R-P
Tuesday 15th April 2014, 08:24
Well Jean and Chris don't know where it is :(

Bummer. I remember them saying they didn't know what was done to shut it down.

Owengsi
Tuesday 15th April 2014, 08:48
Bummer. I remember them saying they didn't know what was done to shut it down.

The LPG ecu was removed to shut it down unfortunately. So not financially viable to run/keep the T5 :(

ianh007
Tuesday 15th April 2014, 19:43
Keeping thinking about LRG conversion but I guess you have to do seriously high miles to recoup the cost?

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 15th April 2014, 21:05
Dont know if it will be any help but i use thelse guys and they are allways very helpful and very knowlegable on anything LPG. A top notch bunch of guys i have no hesitation in recomending.

http://www.biglpg.co.uk/index.php

Owengsi
Wednesday 16th April 2014, 09:06
Keeping thinking about LRG conversion but I guess you have to do seriously high miles to recoup the cost?

LRG??? It's early and my brain isn't in gear.

Owengsi
Wednesday 16th April 2014, 09:08
Dont know if it will be any help but i use thelse guys and they are allways very helpful and very knowlegable on anything LPG. A top notch bunch of guys i have no hesitation in recomending.

http://www.biglpg.co.uk/index.php

Thanks 5seat, but it's the cost of getting a new front end system/ecu that I haven't the funds for.

Owengsi
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 00:10
Gutted - Jean emailed me on the weekend, she's found the ECU for the LPG - and I've sold the car :(

M-R-P
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 06:52
:slap:

stribo
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 07:05
:wallbash:

Owengsi
Wednesday 14th May 2014, 07:11
Yes - I'm banging my head against a brick wall.... The guy who has it is obviously very happy with the car too so no chance of getting it back either :/