PDA

View Full Version : Going rate for tinting a p1 V70?

foammanmark
Saturday 12th April 2014, 19:41
Thinking of having the R limo tinted week after Easter, but how much is the going rate at the mo?

T5frankie
Saturday 12th April 2014, 19:43
£200

foammanmark
Saturday 12th April 2014, 19:46
£200

That'll do me. The difference it makes is amazing, and it would have been done a year ago, if I hadn't bought Gul.

V70 Graham
Saturday 12th April 2014, 22:52
Thought ya got mates rates from someone up that way lol

Jimmie
Saturday 12th April 2014, 23:08
Price depends whether they do a proper job by removing any windows that can be removed.

foammanmark
Saturday 12th April 2014, 23:23
Thought ya got mates rates from someone up that way lol

Had 2 cars done at mates rate, but this time I'll pay the full price. Post the pics up before and after.........

foammanmark
Saturday 12th April 2014, 23:24
Price depends whether they do a proper job by removing any windows that can be removed.

I hope that it 's just doorcards off and possibly some tailgate trim on mine.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 13th April 2014, 06:04
We use a company and act as a middleman and they don't take windows out, never needed to. I've seen loads of their work and it's perfect.

stribo
Sunday 13th April 2014, 09:06
We use a company and act as a middleman and they don't take windows out, never needed to. I've seen loads of their work and it's perfect.

Where are they, and what do they charge Mike?

Jimmie
Sunday 13th April 2014, 09:26

The company that I have used do remove the windows,even the transit's and defender were removed.
And they don't charge a fortune or I would not use them.lol.
It all depends on what you want in the end of the day.

volvokid
Sunday 13th April 2014, 09:50
The company that I have used do remove the windows,even the transit's and defender were removed.

Yeah they made a better job than the factory tints on your hillux

foammanmark
Sunday 13th April 2014, 09:59

The tinters that I've spoken to seem to regard p1 V70's as being one of the easier cars. Even the tailgate window is reasonably flat, but I know p2's are more difficult to do.

daza-b
Sunday 13th April 2014, 22:08
P1 is much much easier than p2..

stephenevans99
Monday 14th April 2014, 07:08
Empire Tinting in Milnrow have done my last 5-6 cars...absolutely spot on.

foammanmark
Monday 14th April 2014, 16:16
Empire Tinting in Milnrow have done my last 5-6 cars...absolutely spot on.

And that's where she's going a week this Wednesday after you recommended them to me some time ago. £160.00 all in. Before and after pics to follow.............

Tomcat
Monday 14th April 2014, 18:24
Going to do mine myself in the coming weeks, I've done the last few cars I've owned. Provided you take your time, your clean EVERYTHING before fitting you can get a good finish.

foammanmark
Monday 14th April 2014, 18:27
Going to do mine myself in the coming weeks, I've done the last few cars I've owned. Provided you take your time, your clean EVERYTHING before fitting you can get a good finish.

Seriously thought of doing mine myself, and looked at the tint and tool kits yesterday. However, I have nowhere particularly good to fit it, so for £160 I've taken that option.

soothingduck
Monday 14th April 2014, 18:42
You really need r/o water to do a good job as it's pure.Your local window may sell you some cheap. Any filtered water is better than tapwater but Reverse osmois water is the best.

LeeT5
Monday 14th April 2014, 19:05

Windows don't need to be removed nowadays fella. The pro's do it with windows in situ. I've seen them do one of my windows making a template. very clever, with the tint right up to the edge. I'll take a photo of mine if you want and post.

foammanmark
Monday 14th April 2014, 19:05
You really need r/o water to do a good job as it's pure.Your local window may sell you some cheap. Any filtered water is better than tapwater but Reverse osmois water is the best.

I'll make sure that they use the r/o stuff before they do the job!!

LeeT5
Monday 14th April 2014, 19:07
Seriously thought of doing mine myself, and looked at the tint and tool kits yesterday. However, I have nowhere particularly good to fit it, so for £160 I've taken that option.

The proper American tint is the best. If your not in the trade, forget it! You'll waste money on the tint and only ££££ it up. It's a profession like any other and needs a skilled hand to do the job properly.

LeeT5
Monday 14th April 2014, 19:08
My P1 cost me £180 cash and my P2 cost me £240.

stribo
Monday 14th April 2014, 19:19
I'll make sure that they use the r/o stuff before they do the job!!

I'm sure they know what they're doing mate.;)

foammanmark
Monday 14th April 2014, 20:25
I'm sure they know what they're doing mate.;)

Absolutely, and I'm going off recommendations from members, which is usually a good indication. Looking forward to having dark tints on my V70, as I've missed it since selling Lazer

foammanmark
Monday 14th April 2014, 20:27
The proper American tint is the best. If your not in the trade, forget it! You'll waste money on the tint and only ££££ it up. It's a profession like any other and needs a skilled hand to do the job properly.

Yeah, I think I would have made a right botch of it tbh.

Jimmie
Monday 14th April 2014, 21:29
Windows don't need to be removed nowadays fella. The pro's do it with windows in situ. I've seen them do one of my windows making a template. very clever, with the tint right up to the edge. I'll take a photo of mine if you want and post.

These are pro guys and the door windows on the r were removed.They obviously don't remove ones that are bonded in.
Did they do the whole window without removal on yours?

abdul
Monday 14th April 2014, 23:38
And that's where she's going a week this Wednesday after you recommended them to me some time ago. £160.00 all in. Before and after pics to follow.............

Mark u doing the front windows

foammanmark
Tuesday 15th April 2014, 18:05
Mark u doing the front windows

Thinking about going as dark as is legal, but I'll see how much it adds. Your Laser has the fronts done which I liked tbh.

soothingduck
Tuesday 15th April 2014, 19:33
Is it legal to tint the windscreen to any degree. I have the beige interior and it reflects alot so it would be cool.

foammanmark
Tuesday 15th April 2014, 19:35
Is it legal to tint the windscreen to any degree. I have the beige interior and it reflects alot so it would be cool.

Just the front doors possibly, and not the windscreen that I may have done.

foammanmark
Thursday 17th April 2014, 20:47
So the V70 goes in at 10am on Wednesday, train Home and travel back in the Alfa. Bring the V70 Home, and catch the train back on Thursday for the Alfa. 2 cars for £320, which I'm chuffed with. The front windows are being tested to see if they're already at the legal limit or not, before I decide if to have the fronts done or not.

abdul
Saturday 19th April 2014, 12:05
So the V70 goes in at 10am on Wednesday, train Home and travel back in the Alfa. Bring the V70 Home, and catch the train back on Thursday for the Alfa. 2 cars for £320, which I'm chuffed with. The front windows are being tested to see if they're already at the legal limit or not, before I decide if to have the fronts done or not.

Whos doing the tinting

foammanmark
Saturday 19th April 2014, 14:18
Whos doing the tinting

Empire at Milnrow.

foammanmark
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 17:32
Got the V70 back, and for £160.00, I'm very happy with the job. The Alfa is now being done and I collect her in the morning. I would highly recommend EMPIRE for anyone in the North West/West Yorks.

V70 Graham
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 17:35
Got the V70 back, and for £160.00, I'm very happy with the job. The Alfa is now being done and I collect her in the morning. I would highly recommend EMPIRE for anyone in the North West/West Yorks.

Where's the piccy's mate, c'mon you know the score.....

foammanmark
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 17:38
Where's the piccy's mate, c'mon you know the score.....

Car is filthy as we've had more of that 'sandy rain' up here, and I must wash her first. Friday sounds like a decent day, so a back to back picy with the Alfa is my plan.........

abdul
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 18:34
Did u do he front windows as well

foammanmark
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 18:37
Did u do he front windows as well

Didn't bother with having 2 cars done, and to save the pennies.

stephenevans99
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 18:38

Very happy to hear you're pleased with Empire, always a worry when you recommend a company. Nigel who owns Empire Tinting is a decent guy and certainly knows his stuff.

abdul
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 18:39
Looking fwd to the pictures

foammanmark
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 18:41
Very happy to hear you're pleased with Empire, always a worry when you recommend a company. Nigel who owns Empire Tinting is a decent guy and certainly knows his stuff.

I mentioned your recommendation to Graham, but he was the only one there today.

foammanmark
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 18:51
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m533/foammanmark/IMG-20140423-00224_zpsf345db89.jpg (http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/foammanmark/media/IMG-20140423-00224_zpsf345db89.jpg.html)

Sorry she's dirty, like I wish my mrs was................

V70 Graham
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 19:25
Doesn't look at all bad mate, glad your happy.

foammanmark
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 19:26
Doesn't look at all bad mate, glad your happy.

Cheers Graham, but it will look a lot better when clean.

abdul
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 19:55
Looking nice

LeeT5
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 19:59
These are pro guys and the door windows on the r were removed.They obviously don't remove ones that are bonded in.
Did they do the whole window without removal on yours?

Yes, they tinted my windows without removal. Took a whole day!

foammanmark
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 20:20
Yes, they tinted my windows without removal. Took a whole day!

4 hours mine today, but easier to do than your's, so I believe.

WOODY T5
Wednesday 23rd April 2014, 20:43
looks better mate carnt see that beige interior now lol

foammanmark
Thursday 24th April 2014, 21:31
looks better mate carnt see that beige interior now lol

Just need the fronts tinting, so you can't see it at all. Why do I keep buying beige interior cars?

foammanmark
Friday 25th April 2014, 23:03
Now the windows are so dark, any exterior white stickers really stand out. I've taken all my old stickers off except for ' I'd rather push a Volvo than drive a Ford'. Therefore, I better buy some VPCUK stickers, if exterior ones are available.

stribo
Friday 25th April 2014, 23:41
Looks good Mark, it's something I want to get done to both our Volvos.

foammanmark
Saturday 26th April 2014, 17:42
Looks good Mark, it's something I want to get done to both our Volvos.

Thanks Stribo. Bit far for you to come to Milnrow but if you're passing, £160.00/car. Gul will also be £160.00, when I get her done, which allows for taking the parcel shelf out.