PDA

View Full Version : water warning light on but water level fine

brick man 82
Wednesday 9th April 2014, 23:11
Hello i hope someone can help i have an 850 t5 that has been stood on my drive since christmas but i have just put it back on the road and the water level light has come on but the water level and temperature is fine tried cleaning connections ect but still on any ideas will be much apreciated

stribo
Wednesday 9th April 2014, 23:15
It's probably the sensor itself, take it out and give it a good clean.

brick man 82
Wednesday 9th April 2014, 23:18
Is the sensorin the bottom of the header tank or is it a float just ive never had one out before

stribo
Wednesday 9th April 2014, 23:22
Is the sensorin the bottom of the header tank or is it a float just ive never had one out before

To be honest neither have I, but I know there's no sensor built into the cap, so I'm guessing it screws into the tank near the bottom, if so, taking it out will mean you'll lose some coolant.

brick man 82
Wednesday 9th April 2014, 23:29
Il have a look at it tomorrow i dont mind loosing a bit of coolant better that then knowing my luck it will start to leak and loose the lot without me knowing it and cook ny engine

stribo
Thursday 10th April 2014, 00:22
Too true mate, the warning lights are there for a reason. ;)

spikey50
Thursday 10th April 2014, 18:29
in the expansion tank its a push fit in the bottom , if you lift the expansion tank you will see the wires ,
if memory serves me right ??

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 11th April 2014, 09:15
see if the float is stuck at the bottom for some reason - have u changed the coolant recently ?
if not, just a new sensor.