PDA

View Full Version : V70 AWD - DEAD! No more big ends for you...

r07s
Sunday 6th April 2014, 10:58
After an interesting discussion on the importance of oil in my wifes car, it looks like i have a job to work out what to do with the V70 now the big ends have gone - grrrrr!

Options i guess is to get the bottom end sorted -is this just drop sump, new shells etc... or
Find a doner engine somewhere - if so, can i fit any V70 petrol turbo lump in?

V grateful for any info!!

Its a X reg V70 XC - been an excellent car until it was killed :(

stribo
Sunday 6th April 2014, 11:16
Depends how much damage has been done, if the crank's badly scored, it'll either need regrinding, or replacing. What engine's in it at the moment?

smithy
Sunday 6th April 2014, 12:03
After an interesting discussion on the importance of oil in my wifes car, it looks like i have a job to work out what to do with the V70 now the big ends have gone - grrrrr!

Options i guess is to get the bottom end sorted -is this just drop sump, new shells etc... or
Find a doner engine somewhere - if so, can i fit any V70 petrol turbo lump in?

V grateful for any info!!

Its a X reg V70 XC - been an excellent car until it was killed :(

If it is a 2.5 20v throw another engine in it .plenty around too

r07s
Sunday 6th April 2014, 14:19
I think it's a 2.5 - i guess all V70 lumps will fit right? Found one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261434279640&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

M-R-P
Sunday 6th April 2014, 14:45
That's a t5 lump, (2.3) it'll fit but you'll need a remap to make it work properly..

r07s
Sunday 6th April 2014, 19:00
That's a t5 lump, (2.3) it'll fit but you'll need a remap to make it work properly..
ARSE!
I'll keep looking and hopefully the mechanic might have some goods news re a rebuild tomorrow morning!?

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 6th April 2014, 21:47
Blimey when did you put back in an appearance ? LOL

r07s
Monday 7th April 2014, 00:20
Blimey when did you put back in an appearance ? LOLHello luv x how's you and T?
Debs has killed the V70 so found myself here once again :)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 7th April 2014, 00:43
Good to have you back, Daryl. I am doing fine. Got married & sprogged out since you were last here as a regular.

Still peddling the same ole silver dream machine.

r07s
Monday 7th April 2014, 00:57
Damn, she's blessed to have you!!
Glad to hear youve made an honest woman of her :)
How old yr kid[s] boy/girl name? Where's home now in Shropshire dude? im there from time to time to see my Pa. Would be ace to see you guys and Jr

Wobbly Dave
Monday 7th April 2014, 12:27
I'll send you a PM with my address details. Please feel free (with some warning) to drop by.

Ellen & I were married in Oct 2010 and Erica our daughter appeared June 2012.

This is Erica working on my new engine.

r07s
Monday 7th April 2014, 13:32
Bloody Hell WD - WTF you been up to under that hood mate? Looks like if you started it up it'd suck Erica in... and any passer-bys lol

Mate she is very gorgeous - you sure she's yours? They grow up so quick... Holly is now 14. I still get the odd hug from Dad but otherwise she's lost to friends/phone/online...

Next time we're heading for Shropshire you'll be hearing from us :) Be great to catch up!!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 7th April 2014, 13:57
Yes well a sensible man would have let the C70 go after the 19T was about done. Instead these last 2 years I've been trying to get the Garrett GTX3071R to work - with limited success.

1st fully forged engine span a shell last July. I've had it fully rebuild again and now my modified gearbox is playing up.

You could read all of it (all 1600+ posts) - http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26282 but it will take sometime. The GTX project starts at post 416 LOL.